The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 24/01/2022 at 14:46, Greenfly said:

I feel the need to say that every time I read the word "Greal-hiss", I throw up in my mouth a little.

Would you prefer Greasy? 😂😂

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure how this works elsewhere, but in England you support one team and forsake all others - that's the deal. I often struggle to support the national team because of whatever perceived Villa based bitterness I have in my head at the time, let alone pop on the shirt of a club side in the same division as us. 

A man wearing the shirt of a team he doesn't support is just shocking, it's waltzing into church in a kippah.

There are only three acceptable situations and a couple of these are for me morally ambiguous.

• You're playing for the team in question - it's okay for example to support Villa but play for Forest.
  • You're on a stag do and you're young and easily fold to peer pressure and it's "bantz".
  • Wearing it is raising an obscene amount of money for a charity that resonates with you on a deeply personal level.

As for this poor chap - I worry for him; he has no moral centre, no loyalty to anything, desperately prostituting himself for the faint glow of received celebrity. If you look into his eyes you can see the dignity leaving his body - and what's more, I think you can see that he knows it's wrong.

I don't know why he'd do this to himself and I can only hope that he finds some way to recover and find salvation. Hope and forgiveness can only be discovered through a lifetime of worship in B6 and I sincerely hope that he can find a way to commit to the years of atonement ahead.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

His twitter said he has taken it down as he got death threats which I have to say sounds bullshit

Have you not spent much time on twitter? It's an unmoderated cesspool of hate.

I 100% believe that people would send death threats about a football shirt.

On 26/01/2022 at 01:25, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

DJ Russke proving to be the ultimate groupie 🤮 

spacer.png

Man that's cringe.

I've had to unfollow Jack on social media, I don't hate him but 95% of what he posts makes me cringe. Love Island wannabe.

• Like 1

It’s funny, if someone wants to support more than one club, what do I care? Literally 0. However, I absolutely would rip the shit out of you for it. The future of football fans is going to be… interesting to say the least.

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

It’s funny, if someone wants to support more than one club, what do I care? Literally 0. However, I absolutely would rip the shit out of you for it. The future of football fans is going to be… interesting to say the least.

Saw my 9 year old nephew at Christmas and he was in a new Leicester shirt. He then told me he supports whatever team Mbappe will play for. Sadly this is the future, it's all about the flashy player and not the actual team anymore. That's why Jack was worth buying for them. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Saw my 9 year old nephew at Christmas and he was in a new Leicester shirt. He then told me he supports whatever team Mbappe will play for. Sadly this is the future, it's all about the flashy player and not the actual team anymore. That's why Jack was worth buying for them. 

I don't think this is a new thing tbh. Plenty of people are fans of players rather than clubs, and that's always been the case.

54 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I don't think this is a new thing tbh. Plenty of people are fans of players rather than clubs, and that's always been the case.

I agree 

But then I also think that doesn't apply to English clubs! If anything this availability thing now should be helping villa dad's, your kid is villa and if he wants to glory hunt a bit then the world's his oyster... As long as they are a foreign team... In theory it should be easier, you kid gets a Villa shirt and a psg shirt, they don't have to glory hunt man City - and I think that's a problem man City have in general, glory hunting has changed and they're too late to the party

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Man that's cringe.

I've had to unfollow Jack on social media, I don't hate him but 95% of what he posts makes me cringe. Love Island wannabe.

I unfollowed him as soon as he left. Partly because he was no longer associated with Villa anymore but yeah, he just screams "influencer/Love Island" BS.

• Like 1

On 26/01/2022 at 20:59, villa4europe said:

I'm not sure even shirt collectors and football shirt aficionados would stroll round in another English teams football shirt even if it was nice shirt

You can wear a shirt from the Maltese 3rd division but you can't wear a Man City shirt 

Massive tart 

Possible exceptions for very lower league or non league teams. But I want to hear a bloody good reason. 

10 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

The problem is what does a 9 year old know about Mbappe’s intrinsic values as a player? The kids are literally told which players to like because of how they’re marketed on FIFA and baller YouTube’s and so on. The world is ****.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I think what everyone is missing is that Jack is his close friend. Don't think any of us can relate unless we know professional footballers who play for clubs that aren't Villa. 

I still don’t think you’d do it. 

15 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I used to be similar as a kid - I think a lot of people did? I have an inbuilt “like” of Holland, Ajax, AC Milan and Barcelona due to players I liked (strange selection of Van Basten, Kluivert, Koeman, Ronaldo etc) but was always a Villa fan. My “idols” just played elsewhere. 

• Like 1

On 26/01/2022 at 15:15, NeilS said:

I would feel uncomfortable if I was around a mates house and he made me a cup of tea in another teams mug, I am not sure if I would drink it or poor it away 😂. There is absolutely no way I would put on another teams shirt. No way!

One of my mates in the past brought be a Pittsburgh Steelers mug for my birthday. Don't see him anymore. Brought the mug into work and it's used to store the used tea bags by the kettle.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

One of my mates in the past brought be a Pittsburgh Steelers mug for my birthday. Don't see him anymore. Brought the mug into work and it's used to store the used tea bags by the kettle.

Is that because of the Steelers mug purchase? 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I used to be similar as a kid - I think a lot of people did? I have an inbuilt “like” of Holland, Ajax, AC Milan and Barcelona due to players I liked (strange selection of Van Basten, Kluivert, Koeman, Ronaldo etc) but was always a Villa fan. My “idols” just played elsewhere. 

This is it though, he wasn't a Leicester fan who liked Mbappe. He was a Mbappe fan who liked Leicester. It's swapped round from what it used to be. 

• Like 2

Â