The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

You just know he’s absolutely miserable there. He’ll say otherwise. Not how he thought it would be. At all. Oh well, he wanted it.

He’s definitely happy. He gets to travel to different places by being in the champions league and playing against the top sides and players. He’s also earning more than he probably ever will at this stage and has the ladish lifestyle to go with it all. 

There is no way he is regretting his decision. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, samjp26 said:

Benteke vibes. Hate to say I called it. Not the centre of attention any more and he can’t thrive unless he’s the focal point. 

Way way way too early for this talk. He hasn't even been that bad? Has he looked like a £100m player in his first what... 15 games? Absolutely not. But they didn't spend that money on him for 15 games, he's doing fine and is finding his feet in a new team with a different way of playing. He'll be a much better player in that system next season onwards. 

Edited by PieFacE

25 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Way way way too early for this talk. He hasn't even been that bad? Has he looked like a £100m player in his first what... 15 games? Absolutely not. But they didn't spend that money on him for 15 games, he's doing fine and is finding his feet in a new team with a different way of playing. He'll be a much better player in that system next season onwards. 

2 goals and 2 assists in nearly 20 appearances. I’m sorry but any other player gets bought for £100m I guarantee he’s being labelled as a flop for that kind of output. 

He has admitted himself that he is more used to being the main focus and he doesn’t have the ball as much at Citeh. Some players need to be the main outlet in order to succeed, the problem is when you pull them out of their team that team will not be able to function. We saw it happen to us. Citeh will never have that problem because they have so many players to rely on and not one player will ever be their sole focus and in order to be a top team it has to be that way. 

Any time I see JG playing for them he just looks lost because he’s still trying to be the player he was for us whenever he gets the ball. It’s not going to work as well when you don’t get the ball as often though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

2 goals and 2 assists in nearly 20 appearances. I’m sorry but any other player gets bought for £100m I guarantee he’s being labelled as a flop for that kind of output. 

He has admitted himself that he is more used to being the main focus and he doesn’t have the ball as much at Citeh. Some players need to be the main outlet in order to succeed, the problem is when you pull them out of their team that team will not be able to function. We saw it happen to us. Citeh will never have that problem because they have so many players to rely on and not one player will ever be their sole focus and in order to be a top team it has to be that way. 

Any time I see JG playing for them he just looks lost because he’s still trying to be the player he was for us whenever he gets the ball. It’s not going to work as well when you don’t get the ball as often though. 

Buendia has been labelled a flop by some and he cost 60 million less and is having a similar impact stats wise while missing some of preseason through injury

He’s definitely struggling to live up to the hype, I don’t think that’s in question. Of course he has ample time to turn it around but the longer it goes on like this the more it will be talked about and that transfer fee may begin to weigh heavy on Jack.

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

He’s definitely happy. He gets to travel to different places by being in the champions league and playing against the top sides and players. He’s also earning more than he probably ever will at this stage and has the ladish lifestyle to go with it all. 

There is no way he is regretting his decision. 

I'm not sure it's quite so black and white like that, he definitely seems like the kind of player who loved being loved and can't really be replicated at the moment at City.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has some remorse over that, plus he is less free to be a lad than he was here.  He can definitely hit higher heights on the pitch there though so those writing him off or laughing at him are doing it a bit prematurely but he needs to sacrifice a bit of himself to fit in at City under Guardiola and it'll take time.

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He’s definitely struggling to live up to the hype, I don’t think that’s in question. Of course he has ample time to turn it around but the longer it goes on like this the more it will be talked about and that transfer fee may begin to weigh heavy on Jack.

city fans seem to be convinced that it takes everyone a year to get to speed with the magical ways of pep and this is normal, silva etc did the same

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

city fans seem to be convinced that it takes everyone a year to get to speed with the magical ways of pep and this is normal, silva etc did the same

It is mentioned a lot, not just by City fans but also by the media (written, not TV). "You've got to unlearn football, when you sign for a Guardiola team" is a phrase that is often used. Obviously some players will be quicker than others to adapt. He is having to go from being the undisputed star of the team, to a team where the star is the team / Guardiola. There's a reason why City players very seldom receive individual awards. Guardiola is a control freak and I've no doubt he is asking Grealish to do stuff that he has never been asked to do. He coordinates every move on the pitch illustrated by the fact that City score the exact same goal 90% of the time.

Grealish will probably figure it out eventually. As a footballer he is intelligent, his decision making, his weight of pass, his vision are all fantastic. He couldn't add 2 +2 together in a maths test, but as a footballer, he is intelligent. I wouldn't be so quick to judge him just yet. If he's still having the same struggles this time next year then I'll be more inclined to think that the move was a failure. In fact I'd expect a noticable improvement come the latter part of this season. I could be wrong of course and maybe he is the greatest flop of all time.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

Only at Man City could fans and their media chums claim that a £100m signing needs a year to settle. For that price, you’ve gotta hit the ground running and deliver. With each passing week it’s obvious they never needed him outside of the PR and marketability. 

On 06/12/2021 at 10:43, KentVillan said:

Evans is annoying. He's worked out that attaching himself to Villa is his best bet of making some dough. Probably sniffing around for the Grealish "autobiography".

Once you clock which football journos are just trying to ghost write autobiographies, you can't unsee it. Henry Winter is the worst.

Evans certainly has a very punchable smug face

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Only at Man City could fans and their media chums claim that a £100m signing needs a year to settle. For that price, you’ve gotta hit the ground running and deliver. With each passing week it’s obvious they never needed him outside of the PR and marketability. 

A marketing purshase if ever there was one, Jack couldn't care less, good or bad, play or not, he'll be in a squad that's won some trophies, get some CL time and be even richer then he was going to be.

Â