The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know you’re trying your best mate to see his side but you’re flogging a dead horse.

Yeh I am done. I honestly don't think he did a lot wrong though. I'm not even sure he's smart enough to get a release clause put in a contract, his agent probably played a large part in it.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He was a game away from joining United - some loyalty. He got the release clause inserted to engineer his move and protect his image without doing a transfer request. His loyalty wasn’t really all that. 

These aren’t opinions but facts. After tonight I don’t think he’s left in any doubt where the fans stand. The VTID wall of noise was brilliant. 

• Like 4

Just now, Awol said:

These aren’t opinions but facts. After tonight I don’t think he’s left in any doubt where the fans stand. The VTID wall of noise was brilliant. 

Yep the VTID was the realisation for him ,I don’t wish him bad or good ,no boo or clap ,he’s just another player 

• Like 3

I think we've learnt enough about him to know those were crocodile tears tonight.

Not buying it one bit.

That said, we've had our personal dig at him now. Onwards and upwards.

Edited by Beastmix
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Don't give a shit about him smiling when they scored, he plays for City now, I'd expect him to be happy when they score no matter who it was against, but I do find it hilarious that he seems so concerned with optics of it that he stopped when he realised the cameras were on him.

For me that was the problem, dont think anybody cares if he celebrated. His team scored its fine but the quick reaction on the camera was sad especially with this weeks PR drive 

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

It's PR from the club, he just signed the deal. He can't stop how the club were going to interview him/spin it on socials etc. It is his club and his city, a top 3 team in the world came in for him, people think he should have stayed because he's a fan? 

Of course he can, thats why he has a **** agent. As it is if he signed the contract and said nothing then I dont see people being angry at him leaving 

11 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

I think we've learnt enough about him to know those were crocodile tears tonight.

Not buying it one bit.

That said, we've had our personal dig at him now. Onwards and upwards.

Think it was cathartic for many - he’s an afterthought 

• Like 1

Really can't decide how I feel about him. The mixture of bio's, applause, indifference and finally a resounding Villa Till I Die was probably the best way of articulating my many feelings about the whole thing.

Maybe the 'right' one would've been to just go straight to VTID and nothing else, no boos, no applause. But the mixture sums it up well.

Onwards and upwards and may he never score at VP again until he's back in Claret and Blue

Edited by HalfTimePost

Two things from my perspective:

1) there’s no way the tears/sadness is fake. How good an actor do you think this guy is?? He can barely string a sentence together and I doubt his emotional range allows for fresh acting skills.

2) it’s mental to feel salty about him smiling and laughing with his team when city score. It’s reactionary. They’re his team mates and he will still rightly want to be on the winning team. His quick tone down was probably just remembering himself and how it might look. 

No criticism from me on how he acted tonight, but he does need to stop talking about us and us about him. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Lmao - he thanked the fans for the great reception on Instagram. He’s either taking the **** or he’s so egotistical to realise that VITD was being in sung against him, not with him. 

Tbf, it looked likethere were thousands of people clapping, boos are just louder

• Like 2

Â