The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Oh that wasn’t targeted at you. That’s genuinely what I’m like as a Villa fan and I agree with what you say entirely. I’m just saying that’s despite that,  I actually felt sad seeing him sad. 

Oh sorry mate, my bad, it read like it was targeted at me (the joys of text only I suppose!)

• Like 1

Also, he almost left for Spurs because we needed the 25m to save the club. We were in the Championship under Steve Bruce while they had Poch and were challenging for titles and CL, did he then try and force the move through when the new owners blocked it? No as far as I'm aware.

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

It's PR from the club, he just signed the deal. He can't stop how the club were going to interview him/spin it on socials etc. It is his club and his city, a top 3 team in the world came in for him, people think he should have stayed because he's a fan? 

Personally, yes. 

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

It's PR from the club, he just signed the deal. He can't stop how the club were going to interview him/spin it on socials etc. It is his club and his city, a top 3 team in the world came in for him, people think he should have stayed because he's a fan? 

Yes… 100% yes…

Unless he moved abroad or demanded clauses in his contract that forbid him from playing against “his club”…

Yes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoshVilla said:

Not really mate, the guy left us while we were on the up, set us back in our progression, asked for a release clause while telling everyone how much he bought into the project, and also admitted he nearly left on several occasions. I'm not even arsed either way, I just said it was quietly satisfying 

But good work on your assumption there, didn't know that you knew me so well...

Back to what was talked about all summer 😜

We're on the up but we aren't reaching where city are anytime soon 

I was apathetic to it if I'm honest, thought the commentator also reigned it in which I was surprised by, we were playing well and on top at the time so I'm surprised pep brought him on, he must have known the crowd would pick up, can't work out if he's gone for some mind game trick with us, changed the emotion of the game to slow us down 

I was more in to us than the sideshow, wasn't expecting I'd be, I really thought we could get the draw, if it was the 4-0 drubbing the 1st half looked like then I think my reaction to him would be different 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Depends where your priorities lie.

Actions have consequences, I can see both sides of the argument.

But as a lifelong Villa fan if I had the opportunity to cement myself in legend as one of if not their best player ever. Additionally with ambitious owners who are pumping huge sums in, it’s not like we’re Norwich comfortable to exist in limbo, there’s not a chance in hell I’d go to Man **** City - Being an England international and multi-millionaire regardless.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I know you’re trying your best mate to see his side but you’re flogging a dead horse.

• Like 1

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

Also, he almost left for Spurs because we needed the 25m to save the club. We were in the Championship under Steve Bruce while they had Poch and were challenging for titles and CL, did he then try and force the move through when the new owners blocked it? No as far as I'm aware.

The proposed move to Spurs (and subsequent collapse/called off) took place after NWSE took over. The first match of the season he was there clapping the fans as he thought he was off. NWSE were well in place by then.

So with that in mind I can only assume we didn’t need the £25m otherwise they would have sold him. We would have needed it if Xia was still in charge. But he wasn’t by then.

And he didn’t try and force a move away then? Be still my beating heart…

• Like 1

Just now, penguin said:

But as a lifelong Villa fan if I had the opportunity to cement myself in legend as one of if not their best player ever. Additionally with ambitious owners who are pumping huge sums in, it’s not like we’re Norwich comfortable to exist in limbo, there’s not a chance in hell I’d go to Man **** City - Being an England international and multi-millionaire regardless.

Impossible to say because none of us are in that position 

But for me he had the chance to be a hero and legend in B6 for years and years to come or he has the chance to try and elevate himself on the world stage for about 4 years and he chose the latter

City can offer him a platform we simply can't, the ambitious owner stuff means nothing, we are light years away from city 

I can at least understand why he's done it 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know you’re trying your best mate to see his side but you’re flogging a dead horse.

*Everybody* in this conversation is flogging a dead horse, there's nothing new to say about it and nothing has changed.

• Like 1

I’d have a little more respect if he just owned up - you wanted to leave. Fine. Put a transfer request in. Him claiming he got the club a record fee absolves him entirely - he signed the contract, he demanded the release clause, he accepted City’s contract. At every stage he could have decided to stay, stop being so cowardly Jack and own it. Nobody cares how much you claim to love this club still. It simply doesn’t matter anymore. 

• Like 4

Horrible little shit. I love certain ex villa players; I was sad when Barry got stick, applauded Milner, etc. I know in reality he likely won’t care but I really hope they hurt him tonight, the little sell out. VILLA TILL I DIE 

• Like 4

Â