The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Thats like comparing Messi with Maldini.  If you were to say who is the best out of Young, Yorke etc that would be more pertinent. 

He said the best player in a Villa shirt, hence my reply! He didn’t say the best attacking player…plus Villa didn’t start in the 80’s re Yorke, Young, we have legends throughout our history!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Absolutely the most talented player we have had in the last 25 years or so. 

Up there with Platt. McGrath and Yorke for me on my Mount Rushmore of Villa players (since '88)

Good job Mount Rushmore wasn’t based on people post 1988 then.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

He said the best player in a Villa shirt, hence my reply! He didn’t say the best attacking player…plus Villa didn’t start in the 80’s re Yorke, Young, we have legends throughout our history!

my apologies,. yes I know but most people on here have never seen Cowans, Shaw and Little play

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

my apologies,. yes I know but most people on here have never seen Cowans, Shaw and Little play

I think most on here have just been unlucky with a really bad decade and more under poor ownership, it then makes the few stand outs look better than they are.

Jack was unbelievable for us, I mean really good, just think back to how it felt having a Villa fan ripping teams apart in claret and blue. The skill was unreal and we all loved him. It’s a testament to how much, when you look at how hurt people still are that he left. I fell out of love with football for a good while (Steven of G has brought that back now). 

He will never be a legend because he left to early. If he’d stayed and helped us to win a trophy and get European football then he could have earned legend status. But he didn’t. He now plays for an awful club from Manchester (an awful place).

So for tonight it’s entirely possible to jeer him and give him a load of shit but still appreciate the player he was and what he did for us. If he plays he’ll be actively and purposely trying to hurt us, he’s a city player and the enemy in a tribalistic football sense. I hope we smash city, and if we do I’d like him to be on the pitch and I hope it hurts him. 

I would boo him if I was there tonight, he will be wearing a Man City shirt and so don't want him to be strutting around the pitch running the game. I want him to feel uncomfortable, on edge. He can have a nice little reception of the happy clappers at the end of the game.

• Like 1

I hope we don’t boo him. I really do. It’s just so small time. I fully appreciate what he did for us but I also fully understand why he had to leave. Whatever happens now isn’t going to change anything. Let’s just enjoy our new Villa, post Grealish and get behind our lads. UTV. COYVB 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I hope our players aren't as Grealish focused as our supporter base seems to be....

I expect the players to be thoroughly professional during the game but imagine they’ll be happily chatting post match. 

the players don’t have the same emotional ties to the club as fans. They’re employees paid (handsomely) to do a job. 

8 hours ago, nick76 said:

5E2B3B1C-706B-4D0B-A55D-58A740FA7489.jpeg

I’ll be there and he won’t be getting a good reception from me and people I know.

I find it pretty childish tbh. He gave everything to this club for most of his life and deserves a round of applause imo.

Yeah he said my club etc… but like I said to you in the summer, you should never believe anything from footballers as it’s all marketing fluff. 

17 minutes ago, jim said:

I find it pretty childish tbh.

giphy.gif

He gave everything to this club for most of his life and deserves a round of applause imo.

Yeah all for charity, didn’t take a penny for it.  

Also isn’t that the dream for every Villa kid to play football for Aston Villa.

Also haven’t we backed him from some controversies before he was famous, in the early years of that and since.

Hasnt he also looked for a way out at least three times now…Spurs, Man U and Man City.

Didnt we invest in him from a child, didn’t we help develop him and haven’t we paid him huge wages to compensate.  

Plus “most of his life” wow you mean mostly before he made it. You make it sound like a nun whose given all her adult life to the church and charity.  This kid played football for his boyhood team, to a point that made him famous and incredibly rich.

Yeah he said my club etc… but like I said to you in the summer, you should never believe anything from footballers as it’s all marketing fluff. 

Fine but he’s a Villa fan through and through and yes this is his career but he’s still a Villa fan and will be for 50 years after his career ends so the marketing fluff means something to us, to him, to his life after playing with the stuff he said.  We know now it wasn’t all true given recent reports…that’s why he gets the backlash!

Edited by nick76
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

If ‘84’ in the ‘tomav84’ means the year you were born then surely Paul McGrath is in your memory who beats Jack and that’s just one player?

yeah i saw mcgrath, but i just don't remember how good he was i guess because i wasn't massively into football at the time so probably only watched him a handful of games on telly, and maybe once live. difficult to compare the two anyway cause they're different positions.

Â