The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Agreed.

Grealish was just a very good player for us. Nothing more, nothing less. Certainly no legend. He didn't do enough to merit that.

I view the likes of Ashley Young and Gareth Barry in a much higher regard.

Why? I seem to remember both of them leaving for Manchester when they got the chance as well. The step-up when they left wasn't even that big, we were in the european spots at the time.

I do agree grealish is not a legend though. You have to lead us to some tangible silverware (championship play-offs doesn't count) or stay over a decade in the first team to earn that title. The latter is probably why Gabbby is called a legend, though he didn't really do much after his first few years.

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Let me paraphrase that…

”Waaaa… Jack Grealish is now a media darling and everyone must love him now he isn’t playing for unfashionable Aston Villa and he now plays for Manchester City… because they are rich and we are paid to give them good publicity…

It would be really horrible and a crime against football if those meanies at Villa Park don’t still tongue punch his shitbox like when he used to play for them”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AXD said:

Why? I seem to remember both of them leaving for Manchester when they got the chance as well. The step-up when they left wasn't even that big, we were in the european spots at the time.

I do agree grealish is not a legend though. You have to lead us to some tangible silverware (championship play-offs doesn't count) or stay over a decade in the first team to earn that title. The latter is probably why Gabbby is called a legend, though he didn't really do much after his first few years.

Why? 

For the simple reason that they were far better players. Imo. 

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

they weren't but each to his own

can't stand the kid, but he's the greatest player i've seen in a villa shirt and i cannot deny that

If ‘84’ in the ‘tomav84’ means the year you were born then surely Paul McGrath is in your memory who beats Jack and that’s just one player?

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

On the other hand, maybe people in this thread haven't moved on at all :crylaugh:

Some are embarrassing. Its the same in the Smith thread - criticising a guy that did a great job for us. 

No wonder we're known to have fickle fans. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, a m ole said:

“Delighted to see Sarah and her new boyfriend getting engaged! All the best @Sarah and thanks for the memories! PS do you have my favourite Snoopy mug?”

Face it mate, Sarah moved on to bigger and better things ;) Take it like a man and enjoy your new bird from Norwich, who doesn't know how to please you :D 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Face it mate, Sarah moved on to bigger and better things ;) Take it like a man and enjoy your new bird from Norwich, who doesn't know how to please you :D 

I’m sorry but my dad, CP,  said we had swapped Sarah for 3 new women…Leonie, Emma and Dani.

giphy.gif

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m sorry but my dad, CP,  said we had swapped Sarah for 3 new women…Leonie, Emma and Dani.

I'd still prefer Sarah back ;) 

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If ‘84’ in the ‘tomav84’ means the year you were born then surely Paul McGrath is in your memory who beats Jack and that’s just one player?

Thats like comparing Messi with Maldini.  If you were to say who is the best out of Young, Yorke etc that would be more pertinent. 

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The problem is we didn't consider how we'd fit them all in the bed at the same time

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

can't stand the kid, but he's the greatest player i've seen in a villa shirt and i cannot deny that

Absolutely the most talented player we have had in the last 25 years or so. 

Up there with Platt. McGrath and Yorke for me on my Mount Rushmore of Villa players (since '88)

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I hope we batter Citeh tonight and Jack, if he plays, I hope he is **** shit. 

That won't stop me admiring him as a player and still being absolutely gutted that he left us. 

• Like 4

Â