The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think that is disrespectful to the real club legends of this club I really do, he's not in that category of so many club legends.

Agreed.

Grealish was just a very good player for us. Nothing more, nothing less. Certainly no legend. He didn't do enough to merit that.

I view the likes of Ashley Young and Gareth Barry in a much higher regard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think that is disrespectful to the real club legends of this club I really do, he's not in that category of so many club legends.

And the saddest thing is he could have gone down as the best to play in a Villa shirt (and be talked about in the same breath as God, Cowans etc) and a true club legend. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep....he waved that ship goodbye in the summer. He's far from earned legendary status at Villa. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

He’s not a club legend. Cult icon perhaps. An integral squad member? Certainly. 

Great player at a time when we've been shit. That's how best to describe him. His greatest achievement in a Villa shirt was getting promoted and scoring against sma. Hardly legendary in the grand scheme of things. Like everything else these days whereby titles and accolades are given before being earnt. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I just wish he’d handed in a transfer request so we could skip over this lame pandering from the club and the revisionist history about his overarching contributions 

Almost the release clause was him pre-empting a transfer request because it meant contractually he wanted to leave if a CL club came in.  He'd already made his mind up that if a CL club came in then he would leave, which in some ways is worse than a transfer request because it's further pre-meditated that if he did well he would leave.  The value of 100m, would've then been negotiated between his agent and Villa with him wanting it lower and the club higher (despite what publicly they say).  Rightly he got himself a great contract, which he was earning but the release clause was his control of the transfer request if he wanted to utilise it, which he did. 

Release clause = pre-emptive transfer request.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Almost the release clause was him pre-empting a transfer request because it meant contractually he wanted to leave if a CL club came in.  He'd already made his mind up that if a CL club came in then he would leave, which in some ways is worse than a transfer request because it's further pre-meditated that if he did well he would leave.  The value of 100m, would've then been negotiated between his agent and Villa with him wanting it lower and the club higher (despite what publicly they say).  Rightly he got himself a great contract, which he was earning but the release clause was his control of the transfer request if he wanted to utilise it, which he did. 

Release clause = pre-emptive transfer request.

Good points. He makes him look like an honest broker not a mercenary angling for a move. ‘Look I left and you got £100m’. Had their been no clause and City offered it it would have been rejected forcing Jack “my club” Grealish to take it a step further. 

• Like 1

I hope our fans are bigger than any petty anger about him leaving and give him the respect he deserves.  He came through our academy always always gave his all for the team and at the end of it we got £100 million. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I hope our fans are bigger than any petty anger about him leaving and give him the respect he deserves.  He came through our academy always always gave his all for the team and at the end of it we got £100 million. 

I really don't think he deserves respect. He really hasn't done all that much to warrant that. I also don't think he deserves abuse either for the record. It is what it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

Funny how he mentions coming back one day on the week we play them. **** him. Whilst he plays for another team in the UK he's fair game for slating imo.  Especially tonight. Anyone thinking it's not going to affect him getting slaughtered by the VP crowd is mistaken. It will bother him. 

I hope so

Â