The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

14 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Oh my god, they haven’t?!!! 😂😂😂

To be fair… If he is stupid enough to believe that, he is in for a shock…

He’s going to get a fair bit of stick…

I wonder who his dear dad will be cheering for… After all, Citeh are basically his sponsors for helping smooth the deal over 😁

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

What an odd thing for admins to post on the club's Twitter account. 

Two possibilities: This may be a bit of preemptive arse covering: 'we told them not to kick off against the guy, the fact that someone ran on the pitch and shaved his head really isn't our responsibility'. Or two: a simple opportunity to up Twitter engagement that the marketing team can then use to increase the value of the brand to advertisers.

Either way, I'd have preferred them to not single out a player on an opposing team. 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache

Well firstly, I imagine they're trying to do whatever they can - which isn't much, and obviously isn't going to work - to reduce the booing tonight, which is going to play to the rest of the league as a small-time embarrassment.

Secondly, it's obvious that he's not just 'an opposition player' but a person that people working at the club have a multi-year history with and in many cases close emotional connections to. Maybe people in this thread have 'moved on' faster than those working at the club who know or knew him personally.

On the other hand, maybe people in this thread haven't moved on at all :crylaugh:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

What are the club doing? Delete this shit. Last thing we want is to turn this game into the Grealish show. Would rather everyone (including fans) would just ignore him tbh. 

how sad, are we trying to come across as the insecure and desperate ex girlfriend who is always super nice to the ex, even when he has f***** her over?

How sad and desperate, urgh, needs deleting, would prefer we just ignored the fool.

34 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

What are they thinking? He's an opposition player. 

He's a club legend (despite what the bitter folk on here would have you believe), grew up a villa fan, joined the academy, broke through to the first team, got us promoted singlehandedly and brought £100m into the club by signing a new contract when he didn't really have to. 

The vitriol he gets on here continues to baffle me. Best of luck to him and I hope he gets a great reception back at VP.  Good to see the club acknowledge his huge contribution.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Judging by the Twitter reaction, I think it may have had the exact opposite effect to what they intended. Seems to have united the fanbase though…both the booers and the non booers think it’s weird.

exactly this. i dont think they expected the backlash they got. whether you were planning on booing, clapping, or neither, think everyone agrees it's a small time thing to do. the sort of thing a league 2 side would do if they drew a PL team in the cup that a former player plays for

29 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

This is a yikes from the club, not sure what they are playing at. 

I wouldn't boo him, I don't think he did anything wrong. The release clause and all that PR about it being his club etc won't have much to do with him.

The release clause is entirely down to him and is agent. I doubt Villa would have mentioned it. Lets face it he saw us a stepping stone in his career which is fair enough but don't give me all that Villa til I die cheese nonsense.

• Like 2

Just now, wict01 said:

It's the sort of thing I'd expect from the shower down the road at Stan Drew's. Swing and a miss for me, big style.

It’s a big reactionary panic. I think the club is anticipating boos and hostility from some and trying to pre-empt it. It just will encourage it and makes the club look so embarrassing. Like a desperate former ex. 

• Like 1

Â