The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Best all round that Jack doesn’t play tonight or on the bench.

He plays well…he gets booed

He plays poorly…he’ll be laughed at.

Sits on the bench… chants of “what a waste of money”

Edited by nick76

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’m more competitive playing against my friends, so I wouldn’t say that was a given. No way McGinn will want Jack having any bragging rights against him one on one.

An important distinction here between 'more competitive' on the one hand, and 'leaving one on him' or 'going out of his way to hurt him' on the other. I have no problem believing McGinn will be even more competitive.

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

An important distinction here between 'more competitive' on the one hand, and 'leaving one on him' or 'going out of his way to hurt him' on the other. I have no problem believing McGinn will be even more competitive.

Oh I agree

12 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I imagine both clubs, managers and players will be entirely professional about the whole affair. Business as usual.

You say that now but i can imagine Wes Edens headbutting the City CEO at full time and Sawaris and Purslow dancing around him

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

If Pep brings him on, replacing Foden or someone on 75min, the reception he will get will be interesting, one way or another. If Pep is the genius he thinks he is, he'd be well advised not to put his (already below par) record signing under that sort of pressure. 

Pep will put him at left back instead 

• Like 1

Do we believe the "Christian Purslow invited me to the West Ham game" claim? It seems to go against the general theme of discussion from the club since he left. What does CP stand to gain from this? 

(There's also absolutely no reason for Jack to lie about, it just doesn't really make sense to me). 

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Do we believe the "Christian Purslow invited me to the West Ham game" claim? It seems to go against the general theme of discussion from the club since he left. What does CP stand to gain from this? 

(There's also absolutely no reason for Jack to lie about, it just doesn't really make sense to me). 

I hunk CP would know the reaction Jack would get if he sat in the box with him so I doubt CP would do it.  It’s too soon and I’m not sure CP is happy with him anyway.

34 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I imagine both clubs, managers and players will be entirely professional about the whole affair. Business as usual.

Agreed. I would imagine that this is is a far bigger deal for the fans and the media than it is for the players.

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

What are the club doing? Delete this shit. Last thing we want is to turn this game into the Grealish show. Would rather everyone (including fans) would just ignore him tbh. 

Yes just ignore it all and treat him like any opposition player.

• Like 3

It has obviously been difficult for Jack, as he went from playing a role at Villa where he had multiple opportunities to show his chops, and now plays in a team where his opportunities are limited.

No doubt the first instruction he got from Guardiola was to avoid giving the ball away because against the best teams in the Premier League and the Champions League, you are going to get punished for it.

He tends to find himself trapped out on the left and is reduced to playing short balls in and around the edge of the box. It is notable that Foden and Sterling both get stuck in such a role and look equally frustrated, but tactically you can see how it creates a lot of space on the right, both for City and England.

In the case of City, Mahrez or Jesus enjoy the space created on the right where a lot of chances come from.

I think this is what Guardiola means when he says Jack doesn't realise how well he plays.

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

What are the club doing? Delete this shit. Last thing we want is to turn this game into the Grealish show. Would rather everyone (including fans) would just ignore him tbh. 

This is such poor judgment by the club!

Â