The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Now that you mention it, what even is that...the V's I mean. I always see grown ass men doing that and they look so silly.

If my knowledge is correct… it comes from the Middle Ages when British archers would have their fingers cut off if captured in battle…

They “threw the V” to show the opposing force that they still had their fingers…

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

If my knowledge is correct… it comes from the Middle Ages when British archers would have their fingers cut off if captured in battle…

They “threw the V” to show the opposing force that they still had their fingers…

Saxon archers that were caught by The Norman's would have those 2 fingers cut off so as a show of defiance the Saxons would flick the Vs to the invading Norman's.

• Like 1

Bit like having a side chick but telling your wife that you love her the most really isnt it? Not interested in your little pr offensive jack, you made your choice now just accept it and move on. Dont think its a great idea to talk about another club like that when you current club has just spent 100m on you either, all a bit weird for me.

2 hours ago, MNVillan said:

The more I think about it, the more torn I am about what he did. I do understand him wanting to chase football royalty status and win things, it’s what the game is about after all. I don’t think he “owes” us anything, per se, but I do think he passed up a very unique opportunity to inspire a club, it’s fans, and become a local (if not a national) legend. Now he’s just another piece of the corporate machine that is modern football.

It still stings that he had the option to go or stay, and he chose to go. It wasn’t a move forced or encouraged by the club. He had a hard decision to make and chose to leave. That sucks.

I’ll be booing him tomorrow

You have travelled 1000s of miles to watch it which gives you the right to do that. 

I'm kind of hoping he gets a hostile but respectful reception, whatever the hell that means. I'll be focusing on 100% on Villa

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Good post, but far too sensible for this thread.

Try grabbing a handful of your own shit and flinging at the wall instead, will fit the usual vibe in here better 👍

• Haha 1

Wow! I didn’t realise Jack was this close to joining United:

“I was really close to going, but nothing happened in the end,” he says. “We played United in a pre-season game on Saturday and I wasn’t supposed to play in a cup game at Burton. But after the United game I said to Purslow and my agent ‘if I’m not leaving, I’ll sign my new contract’.
“I went in with my dog on Tuesday morning, signed the deal, and played later that day. We all agreed on the clause and if any team hit that, it’s a win-win because it means I’ve had an unbelievable season and Villa got £100million.”

21 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Wow! I didn’t realise Jack was this close to joining United:

“I was really close to going, but nothing happened in the end,” he says. “We played United in a pre-season game on Saturday and I wasn’t supposed to play in a cup game at Burton. But after the United game I said to Purslow and my agent ‘if I’m not leaving, I’ll sign my new contract’.
“I went in with my dog on Tuesday morning, signed the deal, and played later that day. We all agreed on the clause and if any team hit that, it’s a win-win because it means I’ve had an unbelievable season and Villa got £100million.”

I remember him looking so weird in that Burton game for someone who just signed a new contract.

22 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I remember him looking so weird in that Burton game for someone who just signed a new contract.

I know he’s not the brightest, but how did he think such an admission was going to look? It makes his statements about ‘my club’ etc etc ring even more hollow. He was basically off to United. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I know he’s not the brightest, but how did he think such an admission was going to look? It makes his statements about ‘my club’ etc etc ring even more hollow. He was basically off to United. 

"my club" was blatantly written for him by a PR team, maybe his maybe ours but it was always hollow 

Not sure why so many bought in to it and are now so pissed off at it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

"my club" was blatantly written for him by a PR team, maybe his maybe ours but it was always hollow 

If the club were in a bad spot or just stagnant, I think many people would have clocked on from the jump as to what it was. But that fact that we had serious upward momentum and feel good factor over the last 2 years lulled people into thinking it was genuine. Then of course it felt like they had the rug pulled out from under them.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The club PR need to shoulder some of the blame - it was just a bad way to make it about loyalty. And especially having Jack in the recent kit launch too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I don't know why they always feel the need to do this. A simple happy to sign a new contract is fine and not incriminating if they subsequently go. 

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

Watched the Pep interview. Jack is back in training and could feature tomorrow but unlikely to start. Mentions how good he was at Villa and wants him to perform at that level at City. 

Wow, that's a ringing endorsement for him isn't it! 

Â