The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Grealish will be expecting a hostile reaction from  some, and will thrive off it, since it will show that people still feel something.  Hatred is often passion inverted; people seem never to jeer relatively less vital former players, while the reasons cited by the best who leave seem to be held to be especially heinous by those with an all-or-nothing turn of mind (all-and-nothing would be a more real world mindset, since it better reflects the contradictions and complexities of life.  On the latter basis Jack can give his all for City as a professional while feeling all for Villa as a supporter.  A bigger contradiction makes sense of this: football is simultaneously important and not important).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

personally speaking, i couldn't care less how much of a fan he claims to be. bleating on about still being a fan really isn't going to get fans back on side

but if i were a city fan, it would definitely irk me hearing his plans to come back one day etc. imagine if buendia said that about norwich? or if watkins banged on about being an arsenal fan? needs to be careful. chances of him coming back to villa are very slim for a number of reasons, so not sure what he's getting out of claiming he'll come back

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

personally speaking, i couldn't care less how much of a fan he claims to be. bleating on about still being a fan really isn't going to get fans back on side

but if i were a city fan, it would definitely irk me hearing his plans to come back one day etc. imagine if buendia said that about norwich? or if watkins banged on about being an arsenal fan? needs to be careful. chances of him coming back to villa are very slim for a number of reasons, so not sure what he's getting out of claiming he'll come back

Its a PR defensive move. His agent did the same last month

I think the fact the club have pretty much removed him from history shows how they feel

• Like 3

Closer we get to the City game, the more pro-Villa stuff we're seeing out of the Grealish camp. Likely trying to get the fans back on side so he doesn't get booed upon returning to the ground he loves.

I'm not fussed either way, as he's not a Villa player anymore and I frankly couldn't care less about his career now, but I must admit it will be quite the sight if the whole stadium boos him if/when he comes on. The way he went about his business has rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way.

Edited by JoshVilla
Typo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think he genuinely does think he could come back , but unfortuanately when he did leave in search of his dream , it meant that all of us lost our dream. Top 4 with him as captain. The romantic vision of villa fan and villa manager and all us villa fans in it together. 

I dont think he realises as there is too much  ego there to understand that when he aligned himself exactly with us , as one of us,  it was all or nothing. Get a statue built or cut all links forever. 

We dont get to change teams and support a more successful one. We are in it from birth till death. 

As a club, if he ever wanted to come back I'm pretty sure we'd jump at the chance. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

As a club, if he ever wanted to come back I'm pretty sure we'd jump at the chance. 

As a fan, if he ever wanted to come back*, I hope the club would jump at the chance.

* - Assuming he'd be coming back as a very good footballer and not some 36 year old or whatever.

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

i would hope that the manager in charge would make that decision, not the club

with his injury problems and off the pitch baggage, i'd hope we could get someone more reliable with the money (bearing in mind city would want some return and he'll want to be paid big bucks still).

remember it won't be the jack grealish under dean smith that we would be getting, where he was given a complete license to basically do whatever he wanted and thrived off it. who knows how gerrard (or whoever is in charge in 4-5 years) would play him. who knows what sort of player he would be in that time. the maverick in him has already been significantly reduced in the few months he's been there. it might have been coached out of him completely over the next few years.

• Like 2

Fans are too emotional about it. Some are upset that in an interview after 2 months at City he was asked if he'd improved during that time and he said yes. He cant exactly say no can he?

He wants to see how good he can become as a footballer and in order to do that you can't stay at Villa. I still think City are a terrible team for his style of play though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i would hope that the manager in charge would make that decision, not the club

with his injury problems and off the pitch baggage, i'd hope we could get someone more reliable with the money (bearing in mind city would want some return and he'll want to be paid big bucks still).

remember it won't be the jack grealish under dean smith that we would be getting, where he was given a complete license to basically do whatever he wanted and thrived off it. who knows how gerrard (or whoever is in charge in 4-5 years) would play him. who knows what sort of player he would be in that time. the maverick in him has already been significantly reduced in the few months he's been there. it might have been coached out of him completely over the next few years.

Exactly. The Villa team that was built to maximize the talent of one player is gone, and by the end of this season we should be better for it. I wouldn’t boo the bloke, but cheer if McGinn sent him six feet up in the air. 

• Like 1

On 27/11/2021 at 08:56, leemond2008 said:

Funnily enough I heard from someone who knows someone that knocks about with someone that is mates with Jack and they said the same thing.

Apparently Jack said that he's not allowed to say too much but he isn't having the best of times and the only person that he really gets on with up there is Foden and the dressing room is very cliquey.

I didn't bother saying anything because it is a "my uncles, sisters, postmans cousins, BFF who went to school with someone that once saw Jacks Dad on a golf course" type story  

More like he is not the alpha male anymore in the dressing room and has to prove himself again.

47 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

imagine if buendia said that about norwich? or if watkins banged on about being an arsenal fan?

Wouldn't care less if Buendia said that. He's here and he's giving his all, all that matters. He's gonna have some connection to Norwich.

Watkins going on about Arsenal would just be weird as he's never played for them.

Interesting to see him actually say he wants to come back and I believe he does.  Well maybe until whatever transpires tomorrow anyway.

Also interesting to see him being invited to the Spam game to sit with Purslow.  Puts to bed some of those claims that he'd never be welcome back with the current setup.

• Like 1

Â