The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yeah I think he’ll play in a Villa shirt again at some point, prob around the age of 34/35 depending on various factors.

It depends though were we are. I can see him leaving City in 2/3 years but dont think will be a positive move

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If I'm honest, I think he's been bought in large part, for commerce and image.

Also why they are stubborn one anting Harry Kane IMO.

Does it have anythig to do with the homegrown requirements as well?

And yes, they are obviously, also top players, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that they couldn't have done equal, or better for other players and/or foreigners.

They want England's 2 largest names.

Because they can’t fill a stadium for a Champions League match and they need to find some way of getting a new generation of fans to support them

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I wouldn't want him back at 35 busted up looking for a payday. Honestly Young is an exception in that regard, he is in amazing shape and has always looked after himself. 

Same here pal…

Im sick of us losing our best players in their peak to those degenerates and then getting has-beens and crocked charlatans in return…

Id much rather we just refused to do any business with them ever again

10 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Doubt Jack will be in the same shape as Ashley Young in 4 years time, I doubt he can adjust and adapt his game to prolong his career like Ash, Young slotted straight in at Utd when he left us Jack as struggled to adapt, what’s he going to do when he’s in his early 30’s and lost a bit of pace/mobility ?  Ashley Young had no affiliation with the club he gave us years of service it never felt like a betrayal, Grealish on the other hand….

Jack isn't in as good shape as Ashley Young now, never mind in four years  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, regular_john said:

If he plays, what kind of reception do we think he'll get?

I'd hope he gets a positive one given all the joy he brought us over the past few years. 

Or maybe clapped before and after the game and booed relentlessly whistle to whistle?

I dont think he will play but if he does then I think the reception will be hostile on and off the pitch.

I do think he will be shocked by it

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Bottle it? He's probably the most confident lad in world football. He's unfazable 

I know what you mean but think he’ll be a little concerned about the reception he’ll get. 

He cannot seriously think he’ll walk on to rapturous applause by both sets of fans.

I think he’ll still be injured and will miss this one. 

Interestingly, he’s not made the bench either today, so you would assume that he wouldn’t be fit to start on Wednesday? At best, he may make the bench on Wednesday but looking doubtful.

I’m pleased to be honest because that kind of sideshow can be a distraction for us and the players.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'd be very, very surprised if he's given a positive reception.

Same. I asked a couple people what they’ll do at VP for him. Nobody said they’ll clap. One person said they’ll just stand there, the rest said they’ll boo him.

I don’t think it’ll matter what people want to do, I highly highly doubt he’s going to play Wednesday.

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I know what you mean but think he’ll be a little concerned about the reception he’ll get. 

He cannot seriously think he’ll walk on to rapturous applause by both sets of fans.

I think he’ll still be injured and will miss this one. 

Regardless of what reception he gets, I don't think anyone will be running onto the pitch to hit him

• Like 2

Â