The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It's a bad move for all. Quarter into the season he is already on for the top transfer flop, his pre Euros star has crashed internationally. 

Us we havent done much better

and the money we spent on replacements doesn’t appear to have been brilliant at this moment in time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Haha wtf is this. The first £100m ticket tout. Why would he have had to have bought the tickets in the first place

I would assume the tickets weren't for him

Hes bought 4 tickets for some mates (so they can see messi...) and his mates have let him down so he's given the tickets away by the looks of it for free

Absolutely nothing to see here 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Hes bought 4 tickets for some mates (so they can see messi...) and his mates have let him down so he's given the tickets away by the looks of it for free

Bit weird though, surely he can text a few people and ask them if they want to go rather than tweet however million people.

• Like 2

Just now, Genie said:

Bit weird though, surely he can text a few people and ask them if they want to go rather than tweet however million people.

What makes you think that he didn't? 

Or he thought that giving them away for free to some city fans earns him some brownie points? 

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Or he thought that giving them away for free to some city fans earns him some brownie points? 

Maybe the latter, it’s still a bit weird. I’m sure he knows plenty of people he could have offloaded them to. 
Looks like a bit of PR for “the people of Manchester”.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Maybe the latter, it’s still a bit weird. I’m sure he knows plenty of people he could have offloaded them to. 
Looks like a bit of PR for “the people of Manchester”.

Again though nothing wrong with that 

Can remember in my younger days standing outside the fence at VP to see the players pull up and I've seen plenty of villa and away team players hand over comp tickets to people waiting for them 

Him doing it on twitter is just a modern take on it 

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Again though nothing wrong with that 

Can remember in my younger days standing outside the fence at VP to see the players pull up and I've seen plenty of villa and away team players hand over comp tickets to people waiting for them 

Him doing it on twitter is just a modern take on it 

Theres not an awful lot in it I agree, it just seems a little bit odd. Why not give them to a mate, a neighbour, the shop keeper, the kids at the park, the people outside the ground (I assume he went).

Announcing it on Twitter (and probably getting about 10,000 replies) seems like a strange way to go about it but up to him I guess. As you say, probably wanted to be seen to be doing a good deed. 

An unspecified injury eh? Not long after publication of some high profile serial shagging... Well, it is consistent with what we were used to - and you have to wonder why his injuries are always without details. My assumption is that it's not about the football.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

2 of the last 3 seasons we thought the same 😉

If its his shin yes but we dont know what it is. It just says a knock. I agree its a little strange and if it goes on much longer then they might be hiding a more serious problem 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Ross Mcormack, Joleon Lesscott, Gabby Agbonglahor and Ross Barkley? They are definitely the types to let one down 

13 hours ago, thunderball said:

Clearly I could have egg on face in due course, but I think it’s been a terrible move for him. Some are desperately trying to suggest he is doing really well, but he isn’t. He is half the player he was here, and that’s with some of the best players in the world around him, when he should be kicking on big time on paper. Sterling, Foden and Mahrez continue to overshadow him, he hasn’t raised his game, and he is distracted by the whole £100m ego/media thing to his sporting detriment. And I just don’t think he will kick on, and tbh I think Pep is to blame.

I would suggest we have the better end of the deal, and Jack won’t live up to the £100m unless Pep gives him some freedom. It’s will be just a scaled up David Bentley situation.

villa put every watkins goal on FB the other day. that run by grealish for ollie's 2nd at arsenal...was watching thinking "he was some player wasn't he"...note the past tense. i just don't see that player anymore in the (admittedly few) games i've seen of him since he left us

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think it's the latter. No issue here, he's doing a good thing for people who can't get to the game. 

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

It's a bad move for all. Quarter into the season he is already on for the top transfer flop, his pre Euros star has crashed internationally. 

Us we havent done much better

Too early to judge all round. £100m was a good price for us though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Too early to judge all round. £100m was a good price for us though. 

Yes. It’s unreal in terms of cost. Though we are suffering now, I do believe it will be for the better in the long run. 

• Like 1

Â