The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Just to be clear, are you really suggesting you think he had a chance of winning the Balon D'Or playing for Villa, but not now he's playing for City?  Because that might be the funniest thing I've read on this thread for weeks.

No, not at all...

But I was suggesting that had he moved to a "big club" playing in the Champions League and been the lynchpin that all play went through like he did at Villa... as opposed to being benched for big games and having his style of play doctored like it has been since he moved to City, then he does have the qualities and the ability to compete with the best for those kind of honours

It does seem like last season with us all over again. I just think that the way he faces up to players and then tries to beat them with his body weight so forward  gives huge stress on the front of his legs. He keeps the ball so close to his feet that the legs never stretch out properly. Not medically trained by the way. 

1 minute ago, DJ_Villain said:

No, not at all...

But I was suggesting that had he moved to a "big club" playing in the Champions League and been the lynchpin that all play went through like he did at Villa... as opposed to being benched for big games and having his style of play doctored like it has been since he moved to City, then he does have the qualities and the ability to compete with the best for those kind of honours

Ah, I see, I'm not sure I agree, but I can see what you're getting at, for sure, I definitely misinterpreted that!

I don't really like seeing him at City, because I agree they don't get the best out of him. Great move for him because he's going to be able to Scrooge-McDuck in his own vault of £50 notes, and win a load of trophies over the way, but I agree they don't leverage his talent as much as I'd like, he's playing well there, but he looks nothing special there, at all. I guess what we'll never know is if he'd have been able to carry a much better team they way he did us. Does he look less special because they're not using him to his best, or is it just that he's paling into less significance playing with other truly great players? 

I'm not sure there are many, if any, teams he'd be able to play for in which he could carry them as the main player, while still being good enough to compete for the trophies he needs to win to be considered one of the best.

38 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What's happened to him anyway, not involved at weekend and tonight and no word of an injury unless I've missed something.

Given time off to continue briefing to press what love island contestant he wants a media relationship with next?

i know, this site was going mad about Grealish when he was at Villa, that Smith wasn’t saying the whole truth, don’t know what’s going on, the fans need to know. Seems like it’s happening at City as well, why isn’t Pep telling the truth!  I think people imagine conspiracies when there isn’t one.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Ah, I see, I'm not sure I agree, but I can see what you're getting at, for sure, I definitely misinterpreted that!

I don't really like seeing him at City, because I agree they don't get the best out of him. Great move for him because he's going to be able to Scrooge-McDuck in his own vault of £50 notes, and win a load of trophies over the way, but I agree they don't leverage his talent as much as I'd like, he's playing well there, but he looks nothing special there, at all. I guess what we'll never know is if he'd have been able to carry a much better team they way he did us. Does he look less special because they're not using him to his best, or is it just that he's paling into less significance playing with other truly great players? 

I'm not sure there are many, if any, teams he'd be able to play for in which he could carry them as the main player, while still being good enough to compete for the trophies he needs to win to be considered one of the best.

If he had gone to an Inter, a Juventus, a Real, a PSG...
A mainland European superpower... He would have won domestic honours, ripped the leagues new arseholes and been in contention for European trophies as well...
They would have loved him...

Not sure I agree he's good enough to look like a boss in a team with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe, and the other 3 aren't winning european competitions in the next few years, IMO. He's got more chance of winning the big one with City. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not sure I agree he's good enough to look like a boss in a team with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe, and the other 3 aren't winning european competitions in the next few years, IMO. He's got more chance of winning the big one with City. 

The big one being Champions League or Ballon D'Or?

Champions League maybe... but in order to win the latter, he would need to be first name on the sheet and allowed to shine...

He isnt getting that at Citeh... They didnt sign him to do that... They signed him for shirt sales, popularity points and because they are a bag of dicks...

The perfect Man Utd player. Not the perfect Citeh player. His whole game was based on slowing the ball down and creating magic in a 1v1 or making clever passes after holding on to the ball for a while. Hes just a good player in the system they play but will never be great. He is a ball carrier in a passing team and he couldnt finish a happy meal . And i do not see even Pep turning him into that  finisher. 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The perfect Villa player. Not the perfect Citeh player. His whole game was based on slowing the ball down and creating magic in a 1v1 or making clever passes after holding on to the ball for a while. He's just a good player in the system they play but will never be great. He is a ball carrier in a passing team and he couldnt finish a happy meal . And i do not see even Pep turning him into that  finisher. 

Corrected for you!

• Haha 1

On 23/11/2021 at 07:40, Spoony said:

I’m still not over him not being a Villa player. It just doesn’t make sense to me and looks visibly wrong. 

Clearly I could have egg on face in due course, but I think it’s been a terrible move for him. Some are desperately trying to suggest he is doing really well, but he isn’t. He is half the player he was here, and that’s with some of the best players in the world around him, when he should be kicking on big time on paper. Sterling, Foden and Mahrez continue to overshadow him, he hasn’t raised his game, and he is distracted by the whole £100m ego/media thing to his sporting detriment. And I just don’t think he will kick on, and tbh I think Pep is to blame.

I would suggest we have the better end of the deal, and Jack won’t live up to the £100m unless Pep gives him some freedom. It’s will be just a scaled up David Bentley situation.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

It does seem like last season with us all over again. I just think that the way he faces up to players and then tries to beat them with his body weight so forward  gives huge stress on the front of his legs. He keeps the ball so close to his feet that the legs never stretch out properly. Not medically trained by the way. 

Brilliant 👍🏻😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Clearly I could have egg on face in due course, but I think it’s been a terrible move for him. Some are desperately trying to suggest he is doing really well, but he isn’t. He is half the player he was here, and that’s with some of the best players in the world around him, when he should be kicking on big time on paper. Sterling, Foden and Mahrez continue to overshadow him, he hasn’t raised his game, and he is distracted by the whole £100m ego/media thing to his sporting detriment. And I just don’t think he will kick on, and tbh I think Pep is to blame.

I would suggest we have the better end of the deal, and Jack won’t live up to the £100m unless Pep gives him some freedom. It’s will be just a scaled up David Bentley situation.

I will never think we got the better of the deal as i like to dream romantically about my football club. But if i put that to one side and look at it coldly i guess that improving our ffp situation and having money in the bank to get a top class left back and centre mid would be a good thing.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

i know, this site was going mad about Grealish when he was at Villa, that Smith wasn’t saying the whole truth, don’t know what’s going on, the fans need to know. Seems like it’s happening at City as well, why isn’t Pep telling the truth!  I think people imagine conspiracies when there isn’t one.

Man. City do actually announce injuries, they usually say De Bruyne is out for a few weeks for example when he picks up injury so just intrigued at sudden wall of silence unless Pep said something in one of the press conferences.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Man. City do actually announce injuries, they usually say De Bruyne is out for a few weeks for example when he picks up injury so just intrigued at sudden wall of silence unless Pep said something in one of the press conferences.

Can cock rot be classed as an injury ? 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I will never think we got the better of the deal as i like to dream romantically about my football club. But if i put that to one side and look at it coldly i guess that improving our ffp situation and having money in the bank to get a top class left back and centre mid would be a good thing.  

He had defo become billy-big-boots and that’s never healthy, especially as we are trying to grow into the “Big Club” mantle. His presence was detrimental to the performance and ability rest of the team and we are still recovering from that now. He was still probably the best natural talent we have had for 50 years.

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Would agree before but thats been removed from his game this season 

55 minutes ago, thunderball said:

It's a bad move for all. Quarter into the season he is already on for the top transfer flop, his pre Euros star has crashed internationally. 

Us we havent done much better

• Like 1

Â