The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

17 hours ago, Farlz said:

Bluemoon forum seems to think LW isn't the position for him 😬 Think they're gonna be in for a shock if they think he can play midfield. 

I'm a bit conflicted, part of me is happy it's going wrong for him currently because well it's just funny. Then it's also a bit sad. He'll win far more trophies at City and will achieve what he likes but he'll just be another nothing player, he was completely idiolised at Villa. 

Oh well, £100m is looking a great deal. 

It would only be a 'great deal' if we didn't look like complete shit without him, but [gestures sadly] . . .

Has any player bought for £100m+ actually turned out to be a massive success?  Probably Mbappe has been the best but he is likely to leave on a free transfer while in his prime.  I'm not sure there really is much value in spending that much on anyone.

48 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Not update on City performance but did update his Instagram that he's watching Villa.

Give City the 100m back and bring him home. I'd do it in a heart beat. He's still the 100m player we sold.

Not worth it. I'd bid £90m, final offer :D 

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

Not update on City performance but did update his Instagram that he's watching Villa.

Give City the 100m back and bring him home. I'd do it in a heart beat. He's still the 100m player we sold.

And the £370k a week, 6 year contract (£115.5m) he currently has?

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Beginning to think he never even went for trophies, he went for he's ego. You could tell by the way his lifestyle was going, he obviously wants all the flash. Shame Foden is taking all the praises. Will he be bothered, I think he is just happy to be at that plastic club on 300k a week, rather than getting a name for himself like he did at Villa.

I agree with this. He’ll surely win trophies there, the squad is too stacked not to. But he’s chasing after magazine covers, clothing endorsements, and private booths in high end night clubs. It’s stuff that’s a lot easier to find at a club on the international stage if you’re successful.

Edited by MNVillan

He's still a great player, just having what makes him special coached out of him. 

I watched a fair bit of Man City. With us he was allowed to take on fullbacks and cause chaos. At city, he isn't allowed to "gamble possession" so he ends up dragging  the ball a few times, turning, then laying the ball back to Cancelo. City love that ball played between the CB and full back and Grealish isn't that player, he wants to take on a full back but just doesn't happen in a Guardiola system.

Buendia is the same for us. He is a really good player, Norwich fans lament him going to us, but just doesn't work in our system.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Think somebody is feeling the pressure 

On 31/10/2021 at 10:28, foreveryoung said:

Beginning to think he never even went for trophies, he went for he's ego. You could tell by the way his lifestyle was going, he obviously wants all the flash. Shame Foden is taking all the praises. Will he be bothered, I think he is just happy to be at that plastic club on 300k a week, rather than getting a name for himself like he did at Villa.

He would have been on more than £300k a week if he`d stayed

16 minutes ago, tismyk said:

He would have been on more than £300k a week if he`d stayed

Absolutely no chance

That's just the city PR machine claiming he's not joined them for money, we weren't offering him anything near his city wages

grealish on north of £300k a week but our other starting 10 players on £100k-150k a week? Not happening is it

• Like 2

Â