The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

57 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He left to win stuff. If he doesn't win stuff it's all for nothing and even sadder.

Strange topic at the moment this.

Dry your eyes babe…

He could have waited another year and won stuff somewhere else…

He sold his soul to the Devil… I’m quite happy to see him not win anything whilst wearing that kit…

• Like 2

You know those pre match films they show at VP immediately pre kick off to build atmosphere-the ones with lots of club highlights from the past to present day, one of them narrated by actor David Bradley? I think they’re brilliant compilations but can’t help finding it sad that they’ve airbrushed JG out of our history. Like he didn’t exist for us, or give us some great memories.

I presume they are trying to avoid booing or something but it’s depressing that they think the fan base couldn’t watch a rerun of his goal against Blues for example without booing a tv screen.

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

You know those pre match films they show at VP immediately pre kick off to build atmosphere-the ones with lots of club highlights from the past to present day, one of them narrated by actor David Bradley? I think they’re brilliant compilations but can’t help finding it sad that they’ve airbrushed JG out of our history. Like he didn’t exist for us, or give us some great memories.

I presume they are trying to avoid booing or something but it’s depressing that they think the fan base couldn’t watch a rerun of his goal against Blues for example without booing a tv screen.

it would be like being forced to watch re-runs of your happy times with your ex girlfriend that you loved deeply, and she said she would always love you, then she left you to go and shack up with an old, ugly, smelly, fat sugar daddy, no-one wants that s***!

:P

Edited by MaVilla

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He, his agent and those nearest and dearest to him clearly conspired and have done something to upset NSWE…

Probably why his agent had to speak out the other day and re-emphasise that the little prick is (apparently) still a Villa fan and wanted to leave on good terms…

They bit the hands that fed them… The hands that they supposedly love and support…

They don’t deserve any good memories from us

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

it would be like being forced to watch re-runs of your happy times with your ex girlfriend that you loved deeply, and she said she would always love you, then she left you to go and shack up with an old, ugly, smelly, fat sugar daddy, no-one wants that s***!

:P

i think the girlfriend analogy is more like your missus left you because she wants marriage and kids now whereas you're not ready yet and think you maybe want that in 5 to 10 years time

with that in mind despite the heartbreak and the bitterness how would you feel if in 1 years time she was shacked up with another guy married and pregnant? how would you feel if in a years time she's out in the local nightclub 3 times a week living a life of any-cock'll-do shagging around town?

i can live with the former dont really understand why some people would prefer the latter....and then there's those that seemingly want her to find out from a dr that she cant have kids, lose her job, her home and her car fails its MOT...

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

i think the girlfriend analogy is more like your missus left you because she wants marriage and kids now whereas you're not ready yet and think you maybe want that in 5 to 10 years time

with that in mind despite the heartbreak and the bitterness how would you feel if in 1 years time she was shacked up with another guy married and pregnant? how would you feel if in a years time she's out in the local nightclub 3 times a week living a life of any-cock'll-do shagging around town?

i can live with the former dont really understand why some people would prefer the latter....and then there's those that seemingly want her to find out from a dr that she cant have kids, lose her job, her home and her car fails its MOT...

Ok… but we did want to get married… and we were making sure everything was being put together for said ex missus…

We brought her the nice car, and all the things that would make her life better for a happy marriage…

but she wanted fireworks, parades and tiaras instead of love, respect and adoration…

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i was joking.

this got deep quick.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Dry your eyes babe…

He could have waited another year and won stuff somewhere else…

He sold his soul to the Devil… I’m quite happy to see him not win anything whilst wearing that kit…

I'm alright mate. I'm over it. I'm not the one posting in this thread 24/7 since he left.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

As others have alluded to, perhaps the manner in which he and his team conducted themselves has left a sour taste amongst our board of directors. Purslow and our owners appear to have always conducted their dealings in a professional manner and maybe camp Grealish were less so.

If the decision to remove Grealish from the highlights reel has been authorised by the board then maybe it is a reflection of how certain parties conducted themselves.

Edited by Robbie09
  • Like 2

Its sad that all the momentum we were building coming up with Jack has been culled due to his departure. To be a big player in this league and try to challenge the superpowers you cant empower them further and kill your own momentum at the same time with the sale of your crown jewell. We knew our owners wouldnt sell in a million years , Jack did it himself. Thats what hurt. Neutrals would want to watch Villa because Jack was that big of a star. Its so disappointing still to me. We needed him to sacrifice his career for the love of his club even if it meant we were in a great position when he retired. He could sit back and watch Villa as a fan then trying to compete at the top knowing he’d been a big catalyst in getting us there. But to give up personal goals is too much I know. Just a shame because we seemed to be onto something special. Still sickening him be the ‘franchise player’ in that ridiculous team. Jack the dirty slut

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Robbie09 said:

As others have alluded to, perhaps the manner in which he and his team conducted themselves has left a sour taste amongst our board of directors. Purslow and our owners appear to have always conducted their dealings in a professional manner and maybe camp Grealish were less so.

If the decision to remove Grealish from the highlights reel has been authorised by the board then maybe it is a reflection of how certain parties conducted themselves.

All of the other clubs we deal with seem to praise our boards handling of things. So I would think Purslow etc have a good record

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

The original David Bradley one, was done in 2014. JG wouldn't have been in that one. There was an updated version I think later on (perhaps around promotion time) that had JG in and more recent players. 

3 hours ago, Xela said:

The original David Bradley one, was done in 2014. JG wouldn't have been in that one. There was an updated version I think later on (perhaps around promotion time) that had JG in and more recent players. 

They updated it in response to the proposed Super League and inserted our promotion highlights and a few from our top moments back in the PL

13 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

He will reappear in those hype vids eventually. 

Not a knock on Jack and his immense talents and the critical interventions when they did arise, it’s just evident that the club has moved on. It feels like it was made personal, and also, it’s about the collective not individual, arguably the club stood by Jack and his various indiscretions and driving offences far more than I think others would. It was wrong, in my opinion, to keep him as captain with those driving offences, driving so recklessly, he could have killed others and indeed himself. Aston Villa and Jack became synonymous with each other by accident and design. The club had to find a way to draw a line under it and move forward. It is also a rebuke to some of the revisionism that all contributions revolve around Jack. 

• Like 1

Â