The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

There lies the kicker…

He moved abroad… to Italy…

Beautiful country with great food, beautiful scenery, lovely weather, culture… Can’t blame him…

Not like moving to Manchester with its….

Its….

illiteracy and teenage pregnancy?

And PL trophies and CL finals and domestic finals every year.

13 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think Foden is probably technically more gifted than Jack, but I very much doubt he'd have had the talismanic X-factor that Jack had here for his last few seasons. Foden is much better at the same age, but that doesn't always translate to being able to be the star player and carry a team on your back as you age. Foden may end up in a Messi situation where he's undoubtedly a star and one of the best players in the world, but he's always had top echelon coaching and absolute megastar teams around him built to his strengths. Jack has shown he can do it when all the pressure is squarely on him.

It may just be me but it seems to have taken years for Foden to finally get to the stage where he fits into the Guardiola style and performing week in, week out.  Pep even called him out about it last season.  Jack's only been there a few months, albeit Foden obviously started a lot younger at City having come through the ranks.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Yes, part of being a professional. Joe Lolley who had 40,000 odd posts on here played twice a season against us and had stormers where he celebrated his goal like a madman. He's still a Villa fan.

He should have been banned from the site and Villa Park forever 😉

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yes, part of being a professional. Joe Lolley who had 40,000 odd posts on here played twice a season against us and had stormers where he celebrated his goal like a madman. He's still a Villa fan.

He never played for us in the first place 

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Once you become a professional at the highest level nobody is really a "fan" anymore no matter who you are or where you play.

This I can agree with to an extent...

I still believe that Albrighton is a fan... and Joe Lolley...

But Lolley was never given the opportunity to play for us (to my knowledge) and Albrighton never wanted to leave...

1 minute ago, DJ_Villain said:

This I can agree with to an extent...

I still believe that Albrighton is a fan... and Joe Lolley...

But Lolley was never given the opportunity to play for us (to my knowledge) and Albrighton never wanted to leave...

Lolley started at blues, that not as bad as bringing in a record transfer fee

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Once you become a professional at the highest level nobody is really a "fan" anymore no matter who you are or where you play.

Yes you're loyalty is to the club that pay your wages. They go back to being fans when they retire.  

13 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

There lies the kicker…

He moved abroad… to Italy…

Beautiful country with great food, beautiful scenery, lovely weather, culture… Can’t blame him…

Not like moving to Manchester with its….

Its….

illiteracy and teenage pregnancy?

Did we have a £100m offer from Italy?

If we did and he chose City perhaps I'd have the same deranged anger as you.

13 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

That makes absolutely no difference to the point you were making

• Like 1

Grealish supposedly starting at False 9 today.

Also, anyone else wondering how after all his injury woes at Villa (and supposedly in the Euros too), he’s now playing 90 mins for City most weeks with no obvious problems?

He has the 4th most mins in PL this season for City, behind Cancelo, Dias and Ederson. Fair play to him 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

He got booed pretty much everywhere when he played for us. Probably comes from the number of times he’s fouled every game. Easier to blame it on him diving then to acknowledge that your defenders aren’t good enough to stop him fairly. 

Â