The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

While I've been in the former camp (and still am), there came a point where even he admitted he needed to get his production up. That's why by this point last season he had something crazy like 4 goals and 6 assists. He was undoubtedly a much better player than he was 2 seasons prior when he had 4 goals 6 assists for the whole season. Now that he's a 100m Manchester City player, I imagine they're expecting a lot more from him than just "making things happen". Literally even their goalkeeper can do that.

Why would they expect one of the most creative players in Europe who isn't renowned for his goalscoring to score loads of goals?

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why would they expect one of the most creative players in Europe who isn't renowned for his goalscoring to score loads of goals?

I was referring more to assists, which he only has 1 of in the league I believe. That's his bread and butter. Even when it comes to scoring, he plays almost exclusively as a left-sided forward now. Look at his counterparts, like Mahrez for example scores about 10 a season from 30 appearances. Foden, same thing. They're not known for their scoring prowess either.

I think that's a fair expectation for a 100m left winger in today's game. I think he could have gotten there last year with us. 10 goals 15 assists should be his baseline target. At City, that should be a gimme. He would have almost certainly hit that mark had he been fit all year with Villa last season. Still early days, mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Almost…

Albrighton and Carew are still a fans… They were pretty much forced out… They didn’t want to leave but had to carry on working… Football is their job after all!

Mellberg is a fan… He wanted Champions League football but didn’t want to play against us… So he went abroad…

But to be the dogs danglers of “your club”… and then to conspire with your agent and family to try and weasel out of a contract you signed with “your club” a year after signing it…

Doesnt sound like someone who is a fan at all!

John Carew attitude wasn't the greatest near the end, gets brushed over

• Like 3

On 13/10/2021 at 13:19, The_Steve said:

I still get the feeling Southgate doesn’t like him but is such a yes man he picks him to start now he’s at City 

doesn't like him, or doesn't rate him?

I honestly thought ( and there is still time) that Pep would add goals to his game, playing with so many talented players.

The thing for me though, is Jack likes to play the ball and get it back.....They don't do that so much at Man City or England, compared with us.

Maybe the playing with so many talented players is misleading. I have also thought in view of the amount of fouls Jack Draws, why don't he draw them in the box?

We as Villa fans, all know Jacks talent....but if he wants to rub shoulders with the Elite, He has to score more goals.....otherwise, he will just be another talented player, who is wonderful on the eye, on the ball.

Greal-hiss looks like a footballer now when I see him play, he ticks boxes and plays it safe more than take a chance.

At Villa he was a maverick, he seems to have lost that (I know, it's still early days) but he just doesn't look like the same player.

Against Hungary I thought he looked very average yet possibly still the best player on the England team. 

The whole England team looked scared to take a chance, make a run, play a threaded pass or through-ball. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I think it’s a clash of personality - maybe he doesn’t approve of the partying. Maybe that’s why Chilwell doesn’t get a sniff either 

Chilwell is pretty shit, Alonso who is an average defender has clearly won the Chelsea left back jersey

21 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Greal-hiss looks like a footballer now when I see him play, he ticks boxes and plays it safe more than take a chance.

At Villa he was a maverick, he seems to have lost that (I know, it's still early days) but he just doesn't look like the same player.

Against Hungary I thought he looked very average yet possibly still the best player on the England team. 

The whole England team looked scared to take a chance, make a run, play a threaded pass or through-ball. 

I genuinely think his confidence or swagger is gone. Southgate never wanted it and Pep finished the job

Smith really was the best coach for him

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I genuinely think his confidence or swagger is gone. Southgate never wanted it and Pep finished the job

Smith really was the best coach for him

It will come back. He was showing signs of it for England tuesday 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Chilwell is pretty shit, Alonso who is an average defender has clearly won the Chelsea left back jersey

Chilwell was brilliant in the Champions League final starting ahead of Alonso. I think that's a bit harsh on him.

My theory with Southgate is that he got bullied a bit in the dressing room as a player, and there's a certain type of player nowadays who reminds him of the players he didn't like in his day... the loud flashy chavvy lads who are a bit too sure of themselves.

I'd put Grealish, Chilwell, Madison, Lingard, and Greenwood in that category.

And to be fair to him, he probably has a point. Some of those lads are absolute bellends. But I've never seen a successful football manager who didn't know how to accommodate a few big personalities in his side. That's the art of management, surely. Especially at international level, where you have to make do with the players available to you.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Almost…

Albrighton and Carew are still a fans… They were pretty much forced out… They didn’t want to leave but had to carry on working… Football is their job after all!

Mellberg is a fan… He wanted Champions League football but didn’t want to play against us… So he went abroad…

But to be the dogs danglers of “your club”… and then to conspire with your agent and family to try and weasel out of a contract you signed with “your club” a year after signing it…

This. Well said.

18 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Almost…

Translation:

if you're not good enough for another club to want you and Villa to want to sell you: good

if you're good enough for other clubs to want you: bad

This will always confuse me

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Translation:

if you're not good enough for another club to want you and Villa to want to sell you: good

if you're good enough for other clubs to want you: bad

This will always confuse me

I don’t think it’s that confusing that club wanting player gone = good for the club but brilliant player wanting to leave = bad for the club.

What it has to do with “being a fan” though, no **** idea. 

Â