Jump to content

Jack Grealish


kevangrealish
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Possibly reading too much into what is a nice little video about the manager, so he’s obviously not the focus. However…

I do find it mildly interesting that while he features on the periphery in the video, none of the highlights centre on him. No volley against Derby, goals against Small Heath nowhere to be seen, Rotherham goal, his strike at Old Trafford, nope and nope. Crucial West Ham goal - no, goal to make it 7 against Liverpool, nope…

I appreciate the focus of the video will be and should be more towards current players. But Hutton’s featured. Tammy’s there. Even Samatta’s gets in among the highlights!!

This is more an observation on the club than Grealish, in fairness. I don’t want to take away from a nice little video, but his absence from the highlights jumped out at me.

I noticed that too, although tbf there are many many of our key moments over the last 3 years that didn't involve him directly and at the end of the day, it's about Smith and Grealish decuded he no longer wants to be a part of that project.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I noticed that too, although tbf there are many many of our key moments over the last 3 years that didn't involve him directly and at the end of the day, it's about Smith and Grealish decuded he no longer wants to be a part of that project.

This!  Jack has shown from his comments that he’s moved on from us and we have done the same.  This video is about Smith, I appreciate the club making it about Smith and then the players at the club…there were other players missing like Martinez and Axel, so it’s not big deal plus it is still a bit raw Jack leaving.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Villa87 said:

I’m sure his leaving left a sour taste to all at the club to be honest. 

To be fair in this case all that's required is to leave a sour taste to the kid in the media team that put the video together. I don't see this as something that came from the top in this instance 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think that video is unrecognisable from the one that would have been made if he'd stayed, several goals from him, and celebrations lead by him, but I fully understand why he was included as little as they could possibly get away with.

There's been a lot of support towards him doing what all footballers would do, but I think it's pretty clear that those involved at the club felt let down by him. 

He won't be written out of the history of the club, if for no other reason than he left before he could actually really make any history, and I don't think people at the club will be petty, or vindictive, but they certainly don't want to celebrate what he did here. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know I posted a couple of silly things in this thread the day he left, which I regret now, but he’s just another player now for me. 
 

When his goal went in the other night I honestly felt no different to when Saka or Tammy scored. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Possibly reading too much into what is a nice little video about the manager, so he’s obviously not the focus. However…

I do find it mildly interesting that while he features on the periphery in the video, none of the highlights centre on him. No volley against Derby, goals against Small Heath nowhere to be seen, Rotherham goal, his strike at Old Trafford, nope and nope. Crucial West Ham goal - no, goal to make it 7 against Liverpool, nope…

I appreciate the focus of the video will be and should be more towards current players. But Hutton’s featured. Tammy’s there. Even Samatta’s gets in among the highlights!!

This is more an observation on the club than Grealish, in fairness. I don’t want to take away from a nice little video, but his absence from the highlights jumped out at me.

Bridges were burnt, that much is clear. The focus should always be on the club. Glad the clip did justice to the crucial contributions of Trez and AEG who had crucial goals at crucial times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wish the release clause had other clauses - £100 mil allows you to take the player... then another 10 mil for x amount of england games, another 10 for x amount of england goals and again for champions league, as we developed him etc :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
12 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Bridges were burnt, that much is clear. The focus should always be on the club. Glad the clip did justice to the crucial contributions of Trez and AEG who had crucial goals at crucial times.

I agree, I think it was right to leave him out purely because the video is about Deano and what he has done for the club in his time as manager. If Jack would have been more prominent in the video all it would have done is attract comments about or aimed at Jack, rather than Deano and his achievements.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Southgate : Jack is more confident since city move

 

Does this man even watch football 

Southgate is a **** word removed.

So fed up of this new narrative that he's spreading about Jack being a different player since he joined City. He's basically identical, and will be until the World Cup tbh. Guardiola rarely transforms a player in the space of a single season. It's just an arse covering move by Southgate to deflect from how badly he **** up the Euro final.

The sad thing is Jack's bought into it (and in many ways been proven right) because of course his City move has had the very real impact of allowing him to be a regular England starter.

But I think most objective observers would struggle to see any measurable difference in the way he plays. Where exactly are the improvements? Maybe slightly better set piece delivery?

Remember when Guardiola was touting him as an 8? Lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Southgate is a **** word removed.

So fed up of this new narrative that he's spreading about Jack being a different player since he joined City. He's basically identical, and will be until the World Cup tbh. Guardiola rarely transforms a player in the space of a single season. It's just an arse covering move by Southgate to deflect from how badly he **** up the Euro final.

The sad thing is Jack's bought into it (and in many ways been proven right) because of course his City move has had the very real impact of allowing him to be a regular England starter.

But I think most objective observers would struggle to see any measurable difference in the way he plays. Where exactly are the improvements? Maybe slightly better set piece delivery?

Remember when Guardiola was touting him as an 8? Lol.

He actually did an interview where he admits he's not playing as well as last season when he was with us. Completely contradicting what big-nosed said.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Southgate is a **** word removed.

So fed up of this new narrative that he's spreading about Jack being a different player since he joined City. He's basically identical, and will be until the World Cup tbh. Guardiola rarely transforms a player in the space of a single season. It's just an arse covering move by Southgate to deflect from how badly he **** up the Euro final.

The sad thing is Jack's bought into it (and in many ways been proven right) because of course his City move has had the very real impact of allowing him to be a regular England starter.

But I think most objective observers would struggle to see any measurable difference in the way he plays. Where exactly are the improvements? Maybe slightly better set piece delivery?

Remember when Guardiola was touting him as an 8? Lol.

He is a different player now, a much worse one. Which of course means he starts every game for England rather than rarely featuring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Southgate : Jack is more confident since city move

 

Does this man even watch football 

Southgate trying to give him more confidence by saying that he IS more confident. When his major strength is being ultra confident.

NewJackCiteh is right. We really do not understand football . 

We need to stop analysing what Southgate says and does. He is obviously operating at a psychological and football level way way above anything we can comprehend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

Do not click on the latest Birmingham Live article about the three things Southgate thinks Grealish has improved on since his transfer, unless you want to make your blood boil or are a masochist!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Southgate is a **** word removed.

So fed up of this new narrative that he's spreading about Jack being a different player since he joined City. He's basically identical, and will be until the World Cup tbh. Guardiola rarely transforms a player in the space of a single season. It's just an arse covering move by Southgate to deflect from how badly he **** up the Euro final.

The sad thing is Jack's bought into it (and in many ways been proven right) because of course his City move has had the very real impact of allowing him to be a regular England starter.

But I think most objective observers would struggle to see any measurable difference in the way he plays. Where exactly are the improvements? Maybe slightly better set piece delivery?

Remember when Guardiola was touting him as an 8? Lol.

If anything it is disrespectful to Smith and our coaching staff. Smith would wipe the floor with Southgate in a tactical discussion

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
7 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Oh I **** did it.

Southgate even credits himself with improving Jack's play while on England duty:

Laughable.

I am not sure who the bigger fool(s) is/are here, Southgate for the crap he is peddling to the press or us two for clicking on the article knowing full well what we are getting into. 😂

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â