The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

One or two in here seem in a hurry to write off the City move as pointless/disappointing, but to be fair to Grealish he's still in the transitional phase.  This is a simplification, but I think Guardiola is currently proscribing Grealish's play a bit, putting a hold on the natural, free-roaming stuff, in order to turn him into a more altruistic and sacrificing player.  Once these other qualities have been added and become second nature, he'll allow Grealish's old instincts back into the mix, and what you'll then have is substantially the old player, but with a broader and more adaptable set of abilities; viz.: he'll be a more complete player.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deck said:

One or two in here seem in a hurry to write off the City move as pointless/disappointing, but to be fair to Grealish he's still in the transitional phase.  This is a simplification, but I think Guardiola is currently proscribing Grealish's play a bit, putting a hold on the natural, free-roaming stuff, in order to turn him into a more altruistic and sacrificing player.  Once these other qualities have been added and become second nature, he'll allow Grealish's old instincts back into the mix, and what you'll then have is substantially the old player, but with a broader and more adaptable set of abilities; viz.: he'll be a more complete player.  

I hope so. But one look at Riyad Mahrez suggests it isn't always the case.

3 hours ago, deck said:

Another Guardiola is a great coach myth, he has improved teams at the top or second in the division with a shitload of money over his career. Not being funny a load of football manager players in their teens could do that with a few billion Pounds. Load of pony

The only reason the clown 🤡 has a break every few years is because he would bankrupt every club he was at otherwise 

Edited by Follyfoot

On the advice of other posters I have watched the first 20 odd minutes of this game. Nothing has changed my view, he doesn’t belong there he looks out of purpose and they don’t need him. What a waste of talent. Will be on the bench at the start of most games soon

20 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

On the advice of other posters I have watched the first 20 odd minutes of this game. Nothing has changed my view, he doesn’t belong there he looks out of purpose and they don’t need him. What a waste of talent. Will be on the bench at the start of most games soon

I think he’s hindering them slightly.  Seems a bit behind his teammates with both movement and sharpness. Saying that KDB looks off it too.  

33 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Seems to be playing as city's number 9 today. Bizarre.

And keeps drifting out to the left which means they don't really have any kind of focal point in the centre. Foden just works so much better in the City setup to me and still think it's strange to spend all that money when you have a player as good as Foden who's favourite position is the one in which Grealish is most effective.

1 minute ago, djdabush said:

And keeps drifting out to the left which means they don't really have any kind of focal point in the centre. Foden just works so much better in the City setup to me and still think it's strange to spend all that money when you have a player as good as Foden who's favourite position is the one in which Grealish is most effective.

Kids don't get Phil Foden hair cuts 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Bizzare decision to play him where he did today. Pep is a brilliant manager but sometimes I feel like he might one day disappear up his own arse. 

Is he really?

• Like 1

Just now, Don_Simon said:

Poor all game.

Just subbed off. 

The move was right for Jack, right for Villa, but I don't see how it's right for Citeh. 

Remember 2 weeks ago when we were all laughing about city having no fan base and empty seats? 

He's 2nd only to Ronaldo in shirt sales in the PL

That's what they've paid £100m for... 8 year old kids who are potential man City season tickets in 10 years time don't have Mahrez posters on their walls

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Still comes back to why they needed Grealish at all.

Foden is looking great on the left, and the have Stirling and Mahrez on the bench. He's looking lost playing as a false 9.

And Torres.  I think he’s looked last 2 games.  Confidence might be hit slightly.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â