The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

As Villa fans, we're used to seeing him being the absolute centre of everything. Every move at Villa went through him it seemed. That doesn't happen at City, so it may look as though he isn't as effective maybe? 

Yes it’s possible. If a club spends 100m on a player you expect him to be the difference in those tight games. Like Spurs and Southampton game. What I’ve seen from Jack so far could easily have been done by the players they already have. 

That ain’t Jacks fault.  They’ve signed a player they didn’t really need. But I think there will come a time when he really has to step up in those big or tight games and be the difference.  He has plenty of time to do this.

• Like 1

I know he used to play left wing for us, bit he wasn't hugging the touchline and stepping on chalk all game like he does now, it's quite weird to see. He doesn't go looking for the ball as often. You would think it's a Pep thing but Foden and Bernardo Silva aren't that rigid when they play although arguably Mahrez is, so it could just be a Pep thing.

47 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He really hasn’t though. He’s fitted in seamlessly and has done well.

Saying anything otherwise is just wrong. 

Fitting in seamlessly is the bare minimum you’d expect for 100m.  He’s done ok. I really don’t get where this hype is coming from about him looking really good. He has to do a lot more and I’m sure he will in time. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I know he used to play left wing for us, bit he wasn't hugging the touchline and stepping on chalk all game like he does now, it's quite weird to see. He doesn't go looking for the ball as often. You would think it's a Pep thing but Foden and Bernardo Silva aren't that rigid when they play although arguably Mahrez is, so it could just be a Pep thing.

Pretty much this, I am not one of the Grealish haters as some are but Pep hasnt a clue how to play him. Its like when he swapped Etoo for Zlatan. Wrong player at the wrong time 

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

But he's better than Sterling.

if sterling could have the penny drop as to what he's good at and then realise that with what jack is good at he will find him if he makes the run sterling could be a better player, for city and england

unfortunately that better player would be a one touch finisher and sterling thinks he's a drop deep turn and beat 3 players mazy dribbler 

raheem sterling is damn good runner, great movement and he's lightning quick with it, he could be a deadly tap in merchant at the top level of world football...and i dont think he wants to be

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Pretty much this, I am not one of the Grealish haters as some are but Pep hasnt a clue how to play him. Its like when he swapped Etoo for Zlatan. Wrong player at the wrong time 

Same here, I just sometimes think it’s time to forget about how good Jack was for us and watch him as a neutral with great players around him.  Some think he has been great, and stat websites suggest the same. I just personally haven’t seen I anything that impressive yet and think he needs to do a lot more.   The rigid position he is being asked to play is definitely having an impact too.

Right, better do some work today :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TRO said:

Hugh McIlvanney was one of the best, I come across...what a writer, he was.

I would recommend in buying McIlvanney on football. Genius writing. He also did ones on boxing and horse racing. First sports journalist to win journalist of the year when writing for papers actually mattered. There is also on youtube his documentary on Busby, Shankly, and Stein which is a great watch. His brother was a writer so ran in the family.  I wonder what the great man would have thought of Jack going to Man City.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fitting in seamlessly is the bare minimum you’d expect for 100m.  He’s done ok. I really don’t get where this hype is coming from about him looking really good. He has to do a lot more and I’m sure he will in time. 

I agree that he hasn't lived up to his £100 million price tag yet.  Sancho cost Man U £73 million and he has done absolutely ziltch so far from what i have seen 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I agree that he hasn't lived up to his £100 million price tag yet.  Sancho cost Man U £73 million and he has done absolutely ziltch so far from what i have seen 

Sancho has been mismanaged as well. Ole like Southgate has no idea where to play him

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

Going off topic but i've never been convinced by Sancho. He's done nothing for England either. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

The Grealish thread was just as big as this one when he played for us,FFS

Most expensive British player of all time and a product of our academy. He's bound to have an active thread. 

16 hours ago, YLN said:

Also just in case it has escaped your attention, this is the same thread

Your right.As Jack is no longer a Villa player I tend to concentrate my attention more on players that actually play for us now.

• Like 2

Â