The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Phil McNulty actually. Literally one of the best football journos going :D 

Phil McNulty is a trading style of Mark Lawrenson Inc

Edited by Follyfoot

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well that's up to you, but it makes your opinion on the performances of other team's players redundant if you don't

Not at all

Loads of pundits base their opinion of 10 minutes highlights or what they read other pundits saying and I’m just doing the same. Obviously omitting the positive reviews for personal reasons

Edited by Follyfoot

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It was a tight angle 

You reckon? He was one on one in the centre of the goal. Hit it straight at Mendy. Was good goalkeeping though to be fair. 

The thing is had Jesus not scored that very good goal out of nothing the chance missed by Jack would be highlighted more. 

Fine margins. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Some great revisionism going on now. Suddenly Jack is ordinary and not any better than anyone else at Citeh. Fact is, he's been one of their top players this season. He had a tough game last night, but he went there to test himself in games like that. He'll still have a wonderful season and win a hatful of medals. 

People have short memories. Just because we look a more balanced team now, doesn't mean he wasn't sensational for us and by a country mile, the best player in our team. We were massively over reliant on him, as Smith has said, and the deal to sell him was good for us, and good for him, with his ambitions. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Well that's up to you, but it makes your opinion on the performances of other team's players redundant if you don't

Garth Crooks disagrees. 

Just look who has scored. Thats all you need to do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I never know how he picks a keeper. Dice rolls?

Possibly. If any have saved a pen, thats a shoe-in. Even if they let 5 others in. 

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Some great revisionism going on now. Suddenly Jack is ordinary and not any better than anyone else at Citeh. Fact is, he's been one of their top players this season. He had a tough game last night, but he went there to test himself in games like that. He'll still have a wonderful season and win a hatful of medals. 

People have short memories. Just because we look a more balanced team now, doesn't mean he wasn't sensational for us and by a country mile, the best player in our team. We were massively over reliant on him, as Smith has said, and the deal to sell him was good for us, and good for him, with his ambitions. 

This isn’t a fact though. It’s your opinion. I’ve watched them and he has been far from being one of their best players. 

I think Cancelo's refusal to overlap made him look worse on Tuesday. What is he really supposed to do against 2 defenders and no teammate around him? At Villa he'd have Targett up with him and Watkins making smart runs into the channels. Defenders didn't know whether to stick or twist and that's when he runs riot because his decision making is top notch. Currently at City there's only 1 decision to make: lay the ball off.

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This isn’t a fact though. It’s your opinion. I’ve watched them and he has been far from being one of their best players. 

It's not just my opinion.

On FotMob, that @Genie posted, he's rated as Citeh's best player 

On WhoScored, he's Citeh's second highest rated player behind Cancelo

On Squawka, he's created the second most chances in the Premier League this season (behind TAA)

He is objectively and categorically, one of Citeh's best players this season so far. Unless every website is wrong. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd expect him to be the best, as he's a great player and thats what you pay £100m for. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

It's not just my opinion.

On FotMob, that @Genie posted, he's rated as Citeh's best player 

On WhoScored, he's Citeh's second highest rated player behind Cancelo

On Squawka, he's created the second most chances in the Premier League this season (behind TAA)

He is objectively and categorically, one of Citeh's best players this season so far. Unless every website is wrong. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd expect him to be the best, as he's a great player and thats what you pay £100m for. 

Fair enough. I haven’t seen anything impressive from what I’ve seen.  I lot of pretty play with no real end product. 

But still early days. I’m sure he’ll be very  successful there. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He really hasn’t though. He’s fitted in seamlessly and has done well.

Saying anything otherwise is just wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough. I haven’t seen anything impressive from what I’ve seen.  I lot of pretty play with no real end product. 

But still early days. I’m sure he’ll be very  successful there. 

As Villa fans, we're used to seeing him being the absolute centre of everything. Every move at Villa went through him it seemed. That doesn't happen at City, so it may look as though he isn't as effective maybe? 

• Like 2

Â