The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

54 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

So sad to see such a great player reduced to this.

Entirely of his own doing though ofc, so have literally zero sympathy.

He's making us look silly now. All the people who never watched him before he went to City assumed he was like this and we were backing him to the hilt (KW.jpg) and now we have egg on our face (KW2.jpg).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Has anyone actually watched him play for Man City? 

I haven’t, I don’t have much interest in watching anyone else but Villa. But I wondered if he’s playing like he did for us, or is he a shadow of his former glory? much like he has been for England. 

He looks ok.  Another cog in the wheel.  He doesn’t stand out anymore. 

Jesus and KDB have been the stand out players. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's making us look silly now. All the people who never watched him before he went to City assumed he was like this and we were backing him to the hilt (KW.jpg) and now we have egg on our face (KW2.jpg).

kw?

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

£100m?  We must  look like simpletons  🤔 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He is getting a lot of criticism from the media today, I suppose this was coming with the price tag

Well he did always say he loves pressure...guess he has it now 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

He is getting a lot of criticism from the media today, I suppose this was coming with the price tag

Excellent…

Long may it continue - All the way to the end of his time with that cesspit of a club and their coagulation of a fanbase…

Hopefully, his time there will be remembered with:

”Yeah… he was pretty good… but nowhere near worth £100m… We should have gone for Haaland instead… Jack was a bit overrated and Villa fleeced us”

and he can live with that as his legacy, along with the medals that his teammates won on his behalf…

Like when your dad or your big brothers used to win you toys at the funfair

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No.

F*** him and good riddance.

Yeah that’s pretty much my stance too. Just wondered what he’s playing like.

If I’ve got time to watch extra football, I’ll watch a replay of the last Villa game over another team, every time. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Has anyone actually watched him play for Man City? 

I haven’t, I don’t have much interest in watching anyone else but Villa. But I wondered if he’s playing like he did for us, or is he a shadow of his former glory? much like he has been for England. 

IMO He is playing much like he does for England, with City.

I think that swashbuckling free spirit that played for us has disappeared, his dribbling seems to have dried up, in to a more rigid system....Those mazy runs are not being repeated, like they was for Villa.

Sure he retains that deftly weighted pass and the ability to pick out other players. I thought he would score more goals in a better side, but he appears, subdued to me.

He still has time on his side, but personally, I don't see him progressing, like I thought he would.

• Like 2

It’s early days but we all used to say imagine how good he would be with better players around him.  

I think it will be more of a case of how ordinary will he look with better players around him. 

I’ll give him a couple of seasons there.

btw I’m not bitter, will always love what he did for us and don’t begrudge him his move. He would have been crazy not to take this opportunity. I’m just saying it as I see it now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

IMO He is playing much like he does for England, with City.

I think that swashbuckling free spirit that played for us has disappeared, his dribbling seems to have dried up, in to a more rigid system....Those mazy runs are not being repeated, like they was for Villa.

Sure he retains that deftly weighted pass and the ability to pick out other players. I thought he would score more goals in a better side, but he appears, subdued to me.

He still has time on his side, but personally, I don't see him progressing, like I thought he would.

It’s because the whole team isn’t revolved around him anymore. At villa he could try mazy runs because if he got dispossessed nobody would mind. Now if he loses the ball it stands out.

In terms of his goal scoring our fans seems to forget how many big chances he used to miss for us. He’s not the best of finishers at all. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

No worries! yeah what I meant was we sold Tekkers at his peak value and did nothing after. Gueye we sold below his peak value who went on to be a top player with far greater value.

I suppose another way of saying it is, we saw the best of Benteke, we never saw the best of Gueye (not his fault).

Whether we saw the best of Jack Grealish is an open question in my mind (although I lean towards "yes we did" its gonna take a few years to find out.) 

I have a feeling, we are going to say "we saw the best of him"

• Like 1

I still say imagine what he'll be like with better players around him... 

I don't watch them enough to know the answer to this but why doesn't pep play foden as a 10? Grealish on the ball drawing defenders in and foden 10 yards away in space is so blindingly obvious but city fans talk about foden coming back in on the right or the left

From what I have seen of city their rigidity has really surprised me, grealish doesn't roam at all, he's like a chalk on his boots left winger, sterling has the ability to roam, so does bernardo but Jack and Mahrez are fixed out wide, they don't overlap the full backs very much either 

He's playing as a traditional left winger in a team that's trying to work the ball through the middle... It doesn't make a great deal of sense

Pep out 😂

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s early days but we all used to say imagine how good he would be with better players around him.  

I think it will be more of a case of how ordinary will he look with better players around him. 

btw I’m not bitter, will always love what he did for us and don’t begrudge him his move. He would have been crazy not to take this opportunity. I’m just saying it as I see it now.

fwiw.....I see it the same.

I'm just glad how it has all turned out now.

We had a huge fee and Dean seems more in control now, of a more balanced side.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think you're completely wrong fwiw

Â