Jump to content

Jack Grealish


kevangrealish
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Looks like he is playing with ankle weights on. Alot like how he was playing just before shin issues last season. Weight of pass off. Zero dynamism . Playing within himself . Or even worse maybe he is playing with fear. 

Hasn't once looked the player he was since before his stint out at the end of last season.

He gets away with it because he's incredible, but he's not got any of the zip he had before. Thought it would come back once he played a bit and got fit...perhaps not. Not a £100m player without it IMO.

If it never comes back we've robbed them.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

You could argue that Ronaldo is the best player in the world and you could argue that the Premier League is the best club competition in the world as well

Ronaldo is nowhere near the best player in the world. A few years back maybe (although Messi has always been the more natural footballer), now he's just a poacher. A very good one, but his all round game is not good.

He's basically a slightly better version of Chicharito or Rob Earnshaw.

;)

Edited by Tom13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Ronaldo is nowhere near the best player in the world. A few years back maybe (although Messi has always been the more natural footballer), now he's just a poacher. A very good one, but his all round game is not good.

He's basically a slightly better version of Chicharito or Rob Earnshaw.

;)

 Ronaldo will still make the top 5 in the Ballon Dor. Will probably be the highest Premier League player in the list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Hasn't once looked the player he was since before his stint out at the end of last season.

He gets away with it because he's incredible, but he's not got any of the zip he had before. Thought it would come back once he played a bit and got fit...perhaps not. Not a £100m player without it IMO.

If it never comes back we've robbed them.

Or with it imho. I maintain Man City overpaid. Grealish is not a 100M player. Whether or not Grealish will end up being like Benteke or Idrissa Gueye I cant say but as of today it looks like we did great business.

Of course I didnt want him to leave but it seems to be working out for everyone.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Or with it imho. I maintain Man City overpaid. Grealish is not a 100M player. Whether or not Grealish will end up being like Benteke or Idrissa Gueye I cant say but as of today it looks like we did great business.

Of course I didnt want him to leave but it seems to be working out for everyone.

Ah, I think he was more than a £100m player if he gets back to that level. Got it all.

Not that anyone could control Southgate picking him, but Grealish we saw March 2019 - March 2021 was one of the best players is the world.

England would have won the Euros at a canter if he started every game. I think we'd have got to the world cup final in 2018 if a championship Grealish had started ahead of Alli or Lingard, take your pick.

Hopefully it becomes clear the right thing has happened for us as time goes on. Kane stropping around for Spurs is very funny to watch, but mustn't be much good for Spurs fans.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You’d be wrong but yeah you could. 
 

The point is we wouldn’t be offering him champions league football any time in the near future. This is why he left. 

I know… and imagine how disappointed he would be if they went out in the group stages! 🤣🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

How can anyone watch Grealish facing up against the best player of all time in the biggest club competition in the world and seriously think he’d have had the same opportunities at Villa

Dunno… because Ronaldo plays for Man United and we beat them last week without the need for Man Citys newest show pony!

 

Ha… Pony! Just like his performance last night 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

There was a counterattack in the first half where he was driving through the middle and it looked like the Grealish of old and then he just stops and lays it off to De Bruyne. For Villa he would have driven to the penalty box. I thought he was being restricted by Pep (probably is to a degree), but Foden came on in his place and was way more penetrating. Maybe he's scared of coming across as a maverick or isn't trying to get on Pep's bad side. 

It's similar with England as well. I think he's terrified of being dropped so just sticks to the manager's outline for him. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

I know… and imagine how disappointed he would be if they went out in the group stages! 🤣🤣🤣

He'd be very disappointed. 

But they won't. And if they did he'd probably console himself with his league title and the fact he'll be in the Champions League again next season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of course we know how incredible he can be on his day, but for Villa we always made it HIS day. Our entire game revolved around him.

This will not happen at Citeh. As I previously mentioned, we saw how a change in Benteke’s role being not as pivotal for Liverpool as it was for us completed ruined him there. Being “the man” brings out a different beast in some players. It’s all good wanting to make this step up but it’s never quite that simple. 

Edited by samjp26
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
Â