The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Stevo985 said:

How can anyone watch Grealish facing up against the best player of all time in the biggest club competition in the world and seriously think he’d have had the same opportunities at Villa

Don't think anyone thinks that, I hope not anyway. At best we'd maybe sneak into a CL spot somehow over the next 5-7 seasons if he stayed with us but we'd be smashed out of it pretty quickly.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I don't but Smith said often 'We have to go off how Jack is feeling' and a lot of people were saying 100m is good for a guy with dodgy shins when we have to use him at every opportunity. 

I thought Man City might not mind if he's got a slight issue with his shins and needs to have a rest because they do that a lot anyway but it's interesting how he's been rolled out every single game, they don't seem concerned considering he was icing his shins only a few week prior to the start of the season when getting a 60 min run out for England. 

That's what I mean though, he was playing 60 mins and getting his shins iced for England 

So he conned England's doctors too just to get his man City move? That would be utter madness, did himself out of starting a euros final just so that he could move? I'm not having that 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's what I mean though, he was playing 60 mins and getting his shins iced for England 

So he conned England's doctors too just to get his man City move? That would be utter madness, did himself out of starting a euros final just so that he could move? I'm not having that 

I didn't think of anything of it at the time, just find it a bit surprising the issue seems to have totally gone away as soon as he's joined Man City. 

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I think he is world class, but he never seems very good off the ball and doesn't get in good positions.

But this could be because Man City play a specific system.

He seems to go for the easy pass every time too. He needs to try and do more. It’s not like he isn’t capable. 

7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I didn't think of anything of it at the time, just find it a bit surprising the issue seems to have totally gone away as soon as he's joined Man City. 

Generally effects him towards the end of the season, an to be fair he ain't getting fouled as much now he's playing a little differently for Man City

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Has he?  He’s been ok but probably the least effective of the city players so far from an attacking sense. When making changes second half he should be one to go off imo.

Not sure what game you’re watching to be fair. Nearly everything attacking is going through him 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I should think that would be the minimum requirement for 100m. I’d say he has been the equivalent of El Ghazi for us in this game. Playing his part without doing anything special. 

Yes, but the players he’s sharing a pitch with as well as a shirt with are all “worth” that. This is Guardiola all over, will be interesting to see how he does when Pep starts getting desperate.

9 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

My respect for Southgate would rise above 0 if he drops Grealish and tells him he’s not getting enough goals and assists. 

Why would you respect Southgate for doing something stupid like that?

Â