The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Such a remarkable talismanic player, we correctly built the team around him. We had to, he was so good. 

Now he's gone, our team in particular look so much more well rounded. Mcginn and Ramsey unleashed and causing absolute havoc. Ings dropping deep working hard, Watkins being Watkins and harassing CBs. And just to top things off we have Bailey, Buendia, Traore and El Ghazi so we can revert to a 4.3.3 or a very attacking 3-5-1

As @Olof82Mellberg4 said, this has worked out well for all parties. We are a much better outfit this season.

Brand JG10 gets a few extra followers, he will win things at a soulless city and obviously will now start every game for England. 

Edited by pas5898

I think long term this will work out well for all parties... City's style is fairly slow at times and they enjoy a lot of possession, so a player like Grealish is great for them - technical, great in small pockets of space, but is explosive when needed...

... which is a contrast to how we've had our best performances/results under Smith. Press high, dont need much possession, play with pace and hurt them in wide areas on the break - Grealish slowed all that down. We can probably be a more effective version of what Smith wants now without having to find a way to get that to suit our best player not having the ideal attributes for it 

And finally, Jack will get trophies and a disgusting amount of money.

Win, win, win.

• Like 1

On 25/09/2021 at 10:14, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

This is going exactly as I said, feels good to be right.

This move was always going to be great for all parties.

City are going to win the league, Jack is a regular starter and scoring goals in the CL, Villa are more cohesive team who don't have an over reliance on one player.

All the histrionics look really stupid.

Also probably opens the door for a return after he's itched his scratch and won everything in a couple of years and Villa are knocking on the door of the top 4. Still room for a romantic narrative there.

On 25/09/2021 at 23:44, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

This is going exactly as I said, feels good to be right.

This move was always going to be great for all parties.

City are going to win the league, Jack is a regular starter and scoring goals in the CL, Villa are more cohesive team who don't have an over reliance on one player.

All the histrionics look really stupid.

Great post.

I'm still sad he doesn't play for us because he was my favourite player for years, but at this stage I don't think i'd reverse the sale if given the option. We just seem so much more balanced and exciting as a team and we've still barely seen Bailey or Buendia. 

He can come back and play for us again once his City contract is up, provided he's prepared to play as a wing back

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Also probably opens the door for a return after he's itched his scratch and won everything in a couple of years and Villa are knocking on the door of the top 4. Still room for a romantic narrative there.

Would you go back to your ex after they ditched you for a people trafficking, human rights abuser just because they had a nicer car, house and could afford to buy your ex nicer jewellery?

No, bollocks to him…

Let him be just like Gareth Barry… That Representative for Wellingborough wanted to come back too, and was waiting for the call that never came…

Dont need him anymore… We can beat Man United

Let see out the rest of his days playing at Everton and West Brom…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Would you go back to your ex after they ditched you for a people trafficking, human rights abuser just because they had a nicer car, house and could afford to buy your ex nicer jewellery?

No, bollocks to him…

Let him be just like Gareth Barry… That Representative for Wellingborough wanted to come back too, and was waiting for the call that never came…

The only player that came back and did really well for us I can remember is Sid. But it will be like Ashley Young and he will want to come back when his career is virtually over, so no point. 

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

The only player that came back and did really well for us I can remember is Sid. But it will be like Ashley Young and he will want to come back when his career is virtually over, so no point. 

Precisely…

and I’ve said it before, I’m sick of having Man City castoffs when they are past their sell by date…

Grealish looked to be far too chummy with Jolson Lescott… That’s the kind of dickhead he likes to associate with

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Staunton did quote well for us just to add.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

No, bollocks to him…

aside from the scorned boyfriend reason you cited (which i'm not ashamed to admit is a major reason for me not wanting him back too) it would also mean that we haven't progressed if he ends up back at us in 3/4 years

in a few years time i'd hope we're buying 100m players ourselves

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

aside from the scorned boyfriend reason you cited (which i'm not ashamed to admit is a major reason for me not wanting him back too) it would also mean that we haven't progressed if he ends up back at us in 3/4 years

in a few years time i'd hope we're buying 100m players ourselves

In 3/4 years time Jack will be at his peak so it would show we have progressed if we sign him then 

• Like 1

One could argue Villa are playing better without 'he who shall not be named', we have deserved to win or get something from all the games we have played so far.

It is continued improvement as far as I'm concerned.

A fit Bailey is also going to make a big difference.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

One could argue Villa are playing better without 'he who shall not be named', we have deserved to win or get something from all the games we have played so far.

It is continued improvement as far as I'm concerned.

A fit Bailey is also going to make a big difference.

we look more rounded as a team.

• Like 4

Â