The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He wants to be a "brand". That's his top priority, and he could only do that at City.

Anyway **** him. Smith has shown already this season that we can play excellent football without him.

I think we will eventually be playing better without him.

• Like 1

Surprised you lot have any time to read this post, with all the time you must spend going in to shops you don't want to buy things in demanding they shut down. "**** halal? Leave it out, wind this shit down", "Maternity products? Don't need them. Close down".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

So we win 3-0 and this becomes the most bumped thread? Seem we have more Jack Grealish fans here than Villa fans

This is **** absurd. But I'm out having some beers, so bumping this comment in anticiption of replying to it properly tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s such a shame Grealish isn’t part of our side now

It was selling Grealish that enabled us to have this side. There is not a chance we could have bought 95m worth of players on the wages they are on and complied with FFP. Yes it would be nice to have Grealish in the team. The current squad and the current squad with Grealish are mutually exclusive

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s such a shame Grealish isn’t part of our side now. I have my own opinions as to the way he left but we could be really something with him in the side.

Look at the atmosphere tonight, what Villa fan could honestly say they wouldn’t want to be a part of that. 

Meanwhile, he’s playing in front of a stadium full of wowcher customers. 

Part of me still doesn’t get it.

I'm actually glad he is gone. Not because he wasn't a good player, but more to do with how restricted it made us. He would start every game and be the focal point of attacks, while dictating a one gear tempo and making us predictable.

There is a greater fluidity this season, with Buendia and Bailey starting on the bench to accommodate a different formation today. Against Chelsea, going with an unexpected formation put us on the front foot in the first half. Last season we stuck with one formation to accommodate Grealish and suffered in some games because of it. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 3

Hardly surprising is it. Our ex dumped us and we still fancy her. Her new boyfriend is an absolute hunk. Luckily today this really fit bird came onto us strong and we got our first rebound. I expect we will soon fall in love with this new bird and move on, but it’ll take some time for the wounds to heal and we will still take an interest in the ex as the wounds are still there and they’re raw.

But eventually you’ll realise you hadn’t even thought about them in months. Then years. Then you might one day just wonder what happened to them. Didn’t her new boyfriend end up moving back to Abu Dhabi or something? 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I'm actually glad he is gone. Not because he wasn't a good player, but more to do with how restricted it made us. He would start every game and be the focal point of attacks, while dictating a one gear tempo and making us predictable.

There is a greater fluidity this season, with Buendia and Bailey starting on the bench to accommodate a different formation today. Against Chelsea, going with an unexpected formation put us on the front foot in the first half. Last season we stuck with one formation to accommodate Grealish and suffered in some games because of it. 

Not to mention the commercial side of things. Everything was about Jack. Wonder how it made the other players feel.

It was basically Jack and the rest.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, est1874 said:

People will get bored after a season or two.

Delph was talked about for a long time. Eventually (most) people moved on.

Personally as I've said before I feel Grealish is irrelevant now. But in fairness, it's still pretty fresh.

Probably helped that Delph stopped being a footballer in about 2017

• Like 2

Â