The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, DJ_Villain said:

Well it would be no fun and there would be no point in the forum if we all agreed…

Youre obviously over the moon for him - and that’s lovely

eh I actually dont care like a reasonable adult.

you on the other hand make it seems like he nicked a girlfriend from you

30 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Can't get with all the folks here saying how happy they are for him. He is irrelevant now.

The more times your heart is broken the quicker you recover. I am happy he can play at the chunps league level but make no mistake i cannot stand his personality . He is a clearing in the woods. He used to be our clearing in the woods so we would ignore the bad parts. No more. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Jack will never be irrelevant to AVFC. He's woven into our history as firmly as Pongo Waring, Peter McParland,  Charlie Aitken, Gary Shaw, Denis Mortimer,  Brian Little, Paul McGrath, Dwight Yorke, Martin Laursen and many others.  I'm an old guy so I've watched and idolised all but one of these players including McParland at Wembley when I was 8 years old. Pongo was the only one who was before my time, lol.)

Whatever the stress and upset caused by them leaving or coming to the end of their careers, they should be loved and held in high esteem because for a time they were our heroes. In a few short years Jack's career will be over, but he'll always be one of us.

Couldn’t agree more.

Cowans one of the greatest and loyal Villa players played for a couple of Italian clubs and even Blackburn but is still a  Villa legend.

For me Barry is not given respect he deserves due to him leaving for Man City.He was an exceptional player for us for 10 seasons and always gave his best, many revere players who contributed much less.

Grealish’s contribution to us in the past 4 years has been  magnificent and we should appreciate what we had and not let him leaving cloud those memories.

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

You forgot Dean Saunders, Tony Daley, Paul Merson, Juan Pablo Angel, John Carew, James Milner, Gareth Barry, Christian Benteke, some fella named Ashley Young, et al.

Or should we not just randomly idolize every decent player that comes along and elevates us for a brief enough period of time before moving on to something else?

Jack was treated differently because he's from a Villa family, but the reality is he jumped ship just as fast as some of the others when given half a chance, and like Messrs Benteke and Barry he'd been trying to do it for a while.

I admire anyone who holds on to that idea of players being precious to the club somehow, but Gresford has killed that notion for me now. I've no more reason to think of him fondly than I do Barry or Benteke. They did well for us - and used us to improve their own position, rather than staying to improve ours. 

Each to their own, but personally I couldn't give a dying duck about any of them once they put on another club's shirt.

I haven't forgotten the players you named, I included them when I said "and many others". When I reminisce I think of individual players and managers who I supported, not just the claret and blue colours, but the men who wore those shirts with pride. You're entitled to your opinion, but I will continue to support them with respect.

13 minutes ago, est1874 said:

You forgot Dean Saunders, Tony Daley, Paul Merson, Juan Pablo Angel, John Carew, James Milner, Gareth Barry, Christian Benteke, some fella named Ashley Young, et al.

Or should we not just randomly idolize every decent player that comes along and elevates us for a brief enough period of time before moving on to something else?

Jack was treated differently because he's from a Villa family, but the reality is he jumped ship just as fast as some of the others when given half a chance, and like Messrs Benteke and Barry he'd been trying to do it for a while.

I admire anyone who holds on to that idea of players being precious to the club somehow, but Gresford has killed that notion for me now. I've no more reason to think of him fondly than I do Barry or Benteke. They did well for us - and used us to improve their own position, rather than staying to improve ours. 

Each to their own, but personally I couldn't give a dying duck about any of them once they put on another club's shirt.

I agree with you that he shouldn't treat Grealish any differently to Barry or Benteke. But really, you should have net positive memories of those two players as well - I've certainly got a lot of good memories of watching Benteke play. I don't idolise him but I also don't act like him leaving has personally wronged me and burned away everything good he ever did for our club.

You don't have to care about him now he plays for City but expunging his history here and the memories you have of him is another step further than that. Not saying that's what you're doing, but that's what most of the Grealish defenders on here are arguing against (rather than demanding all Villa fans continue to idolise a City player).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Can't get with all the folks here saying how happy they are for him. He is irrelevant now.

A lot of us have grown up and matured a little since leaving school, it tends to help put a different perspective on things, that could possibly be the reason

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The more times your heart is broken the quicker you recover. I am happy he can play at the chunps league level but make no mistake i cannot stand his personality . He is a clearing in the woods. He used to be our clearing in the woods so we would ignore the bad parts. No more. 

I mean, I agree with the bolded. I pouted a bit for a day, and then I've got on with it and it's fine. But there are people in this thread who seem extremely butt-hurt about it, and like they are really struggling to recover.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I mean, I agree with the bolded. I pouted a bit for a day, and then I've got on with it and it's fine. But there are people in this thread who seem extremely butt-hurt about it, and like they are really struggling to recover.

Which is fair enough imo. There hasnt been another like Jack, a kid we’ve seen come through the age groups to become what he is/was. Was always going to cut much deeper than the rest. When I was a kid, it hurt a lot. When you get older and you understand more how football work, it hurts more. We needed Jack because we have this idea in our head now that we’re going to do everything to get back amongst it at the top, together with our captain and boyhood fan that wants the same as us; he was the perfect ingredient to drive that, then he just upped and left. People werent expecting it, it takes time to recover from something like that. Before the move most of us said if he had to leave we’d prefer it was City over anyone else in England, but its still painful seeing him in any other shirt. Also annoys me how such a club and their spoilt fanbase dont deserve him. All creaming themselves over him and rubbing it in our faces with their super jacky grealish chants. It sucks hairy balls

• Like 1

Â