The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah it's weird, but it seems entrenched in football culture. I think the likelihood of him celebrating is pretty low. If he didn't play for us that would be a different story. Like I remember Joe Lolley celebrating pretty hard, and that was a guy who had 40k posts on here.

Yeah, but like I’ve said earlier in this thread, scoring a goal at VP is something Joe probably never thought he’d do in a million years. It must have been an absolutely incredible feeling. 

I’d be very surprised if Jack celebrated scoring a goal against us.

[trigger warning]The silly haired little party boy was obviously bored scoring in a venue  that was so woefully beneath his standards anyway, why would he even care enough to celebrate?[/trigger warning]  

image.png.30956a18d80a4e80a4a41567bfba19eb.png

Edited by El Zen
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Tammy Abraham didn't celebrate against us. Hell, Wes Hoolahan didn't either and he didn't even sign for us! Being deluded is thinking the boyhood Villa fan would celebrate against his old club because reasons.

Suppose it depends if he does it with City 3 or 4 up it will not go down well. Winning goal its understandable

39 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He should celebrate if he scores against us.

I find the whole not celebrating thing **** bizarre.

Sure. And Villa fans should give him absolute pelters if he does. 

Expecting anything else is holding Villa fans to an absolutely absurd standard. Every other fanbase in world would do exactly the same under similar circumstances.

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 1

I hope Jack enjoys his Champions League adventure. I've derived an enormous amount of pleasure from being a fan of his for many years, and I'm not going to rubbish him just because he's moved onwards and upwards.

He paid his way with the service he gave us and he's left us with a parting gift of 100 million pounds.

I'd like to ask those of us who are calling him names and having a go at him what they think about the Edens/Sawiris project, buying in the best young prospects and developing them into very expensive assets in the future?

Are we going to call them names as well when they become good enough to attract the very best clubs?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Sure. And Villa fans should give him absolute pelters if he does. 

Expecting anything else is holding Villa fans to an absolutely absurd standard. Every other fanbase in world would do exactly the same under similar circumstances.

so if he doesnt celebrate we can agree he was a Villa fan all along?

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I hope Jack enjoys his Champions League adventure. I've derived an enormous amount of pleasure from being a fan of his for many years, and I'm not going to rubbish him just because he's moved onwards and upwards.

He paid his way with the service he gave us and he's left us with a parting gift of 100 million pounds.

I'd like to ask those of us who are calling him names and having a go at him what they think about the Edens/Sawiris project, buying in the best young prospects and developing them into very expensive assets in the future?

Are we going to call them names as well when they become good enough to attract the very best clubs?

It's pretty obvious they hold Jack to a totally different standard to any other player, ever, whilst at the same time no doubt happy to give all sorts of shit to other Villa lads who haven't turned out to be as good as Jack.  No real point in asking those kinds of questions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I’ll be watching him tonight, hope he does well but RB Leipzig not the most exciting of CL fixtures. PSG however, including Messi, Neymar etc…I’ll be v proud if our Solihull born Acdemy boy shines on that stage. 

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’ll be watching him tonight, hope he does well but RB Leipzig not the most exciting of CL fixtures. PSG however, including Messi, Neymar etc…I’ll be v proud if our Solihull born Acdemy boy shines on that stage. 

They arent having a great season but have knocked out United, Spurs and Atletico in the last 2 seasons

39 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Depends on how they leave…

If it’s with hypocrisy, lies, PR bollocks etc. like how Barry, Delph and Grealish left? Then yeah…

If it’s with some class like Milner and Young (albeit the latter blotted his copy book a bit with the diving), then no…

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

so if he doesnt celebrate we can agree he was a Villa fan all along?

Well, I’m sure he does still support Villa. I wouldn’t actually argue otherwise. We can nitpick about the true meaning of the word fan but that doesn’t really achieve anything, and it really doesn’t matter. 

But choosing not to celebrate is also the better PR move. 

Either way, doesn’t matter. I’d much rather he never scores against us anyway, rendering all of this moot. 

9 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

If it’s with hypocrisy, lies, PR bollocks etc. like how Barry, Delph and Grealish left? Then yeah…

If it’s with some class like Milner and Young (albeit the latter blotted his copy book a bit with the diving), then no…

Milner who spent all summer not denying he wanted to leave and left at the first bid

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Milner who spent all summer not denying he wanted to leave and left at the first bid

Didnt get our hopes up that he was going to stay, Didn’t call us “his club”, didn’t say he only wanted to leave for Europe and then join a club not in Europe, didn’t engineer an exit using a release clause…

Id say he left in the best possible circumstances…

Just now, DJ_Villain said:

Didnt get our hopes up that he was going to stay, Didn’t call us “his club”, didn’t say he only wanted to leave for Europe and then join a club not in Europe, didn’t engineer an exit using a release clause…

Id say he left in the best possible circumstances…

We were in Europe that season and City were in the same tournament. He stringed us along and left as close to the end of the window as possible with no time to replace him

8 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Jack wanted to leave to test himself a couple of seasons back when Spurs offered a derisory 25 million for him. It fell through and although he was initially disappointed he stayed and to his credit got on with improving how good he was

He signed a new contract with what we now know included a 100 million release clause in it, and said the things that the club wanted him to say about his genuine love for the Villa. He then upped his game to the point where even Purslow was sadly proved wrong in that he didn't think anyone would offer that much for Jack.

Football is a huge financial business, and Jack and his agent took part in the dance that clubs and players perform season after season. That's life at the pinnacle of world football for those who are talented enough to be worth a 100 million. Jack is one of the supremely gifted few.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

Jack wanted to leave to test himself a couple of seasons back when Spurs offered a derisory 25 million for him. It fell through and although he was initially disappointed he stayed and to his credit got on with improving how good he was

He signed a new contract with what we now know included a 100 million release clause in it, and said the things that the club wanted him to say about his genuine love for the Villa. He then upped his game to the point where even Purslow was sadly proved wrong in that he didn't think anyone would offer that much for Jack.

Football is a huge financial business, and Jack and his agent took part in the dance that clubs and players perform season after season. That's life at the pinnacle of world football for those who are talented enough to be worth a 100 million. Jack is one of the supremely gifted few.

What’s your point?

That I should like him? Be proud of him for leaving us? Want him to succeed?

Well I don’t…

Best possible circumstances would be that it all goes to shit eventually and a few years down the line, people laugh at City for spending £100m on him…

• Haha 1

Â