The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I think Greg Evans wrote a piece in the Athletic about this. 

There is nothing stopping us trying to get more out of Man City, in a negotiating format should the clause be confidential. Obviously we can't decline a 100million offer, but can try to extract more.

Man City bid 100million and knew they didn't need to go higher, even though the clause was meant to be confidential. Villa called bluff, apparently even tried to involve European clubs etc to entice Man City to bid more. They also knew the exact date (the following Saturday) which the deal needed to be concluded by.

However upon the 100million bid, Jack Grealish and his team instructed Villa to accept the 100million offer and we had no choice but to accept. 

This makes no sense.  If a release clause is in there, then surely we have to accept the bid.  Otherwise, what's the point of the release clause?  They're put in (essentially) to protect players and ensure they can move.

I could understand delaying accepting it or trying to get other clubs involved, but asking for more money makes absolutely no sense.

6 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Yeah well…

They aren’t my family and I am not a Man City fan…

So I couldn’t give a toss and will show no empathy towards their situation…

Bollocks to them for conspiring against the Villa…

Delusional

18 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Yeah well…

They aren’t my family and I am not a Man City fan…

So I couldn’t give a toss and will show no empathy towards their situation…

Bollocks to them for conspiring against the Villa…

Do you always show absolutely no empathy towards anyone that refuses to do exactly what you want them to?

Are you typing your messages from the inside of a high-security prison?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Do you always show absolutely no empathy towards anyone that refuses to do exactly what you want them to?

Are you typing your messages from the inside of a high-security prison?

When it comes to multimillionaires living the life that any of us would always dream of - who put on the act of being “one of us” to try and keep us sweet - who put out this “I’m Villa through and through” facade until it suits them… and then have them and their supposed “Die Hard Villa Fan” dads take backhanders so they can slink off…

I don’t have to have empathy

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Anyone who thinks he won't celebrate scoring against us is absolutely deluded

This is it!

Unfortunately, people have seen his comments on the conversation with Gabby and Carew, listened to his propaganda about how he is born and bred Villa and have completely fallen for it…

He’s already sold us down the river once… If beating us means getting a little bit more for himself, he will roll in it like a pig in proverbial

3 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Nail on head.

I think that's what really triggers a lot of our fans, me included.

He is the same player he's been for a few years, but because he didn't play for a "Sky 6" team there was absolutely no recognition. This obviously even goes as high as Gareth Southgate.

Now he's joined City, he a "guaranteed starter" for England when you listen to SkySports and TalkSport pundits. Last year (when he was the same player) he's fighting with Foden, Rashford, Sterling etc. He didn't exactly dominate in the summer, so what's changed? Oh he's joined a Sky 6 team.

He was a wonderful, generational, special player before, but weirdly you need to play for a Sky 6 team to be understood as such.

Was times around March/April people were saying Lingard was better 😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

If he reads some of the posts on this thread then i wouldnt blame him. 

FWIW i think some of the haters would be hoping he pisses on the Holte End just to hate him more

• Like 1

I'm still a bit more disappointed that Grealish has moved on from this club than I would like to admit, mostly because I simply like to spend some time each week watching the man play football. I also feel like he could have been like Michael Jordan became for the Chicago Bulls, but not to be. I remember being lambasted for suggesting Grealish would reach the heights of your David Silva's and Coutinho's, and it's quite apparent he will more than likely surpass the latter in influence if he hasn't already.

Anyway, I wish the young man nothing but the best. Even if he has made comment in private that Villa lacked ambition and that we wouldn't see Europe, I think that may well just be him deflecting the negative energy he feels from his decision to move, and an attempt to justify it, but the less I indulge speculative and inconsequential hearsay, the better.

All the best, Jack. The skies the limit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

he wants to keep up the charade of being a villa fan so of course he won't celebrate. hence why he's replying to gabby's tweets and throwing a tantrum because a villa fan journo wrote an opinion piece reflecting how some of the fanbase feel

behind the scenes i'll be amazed if he's watched one of our games this season (that doesn't clash with a city game, obv)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I'm still a bit more disappointed that Grealish has moved on from this club than I would like to admit, mostly because I simply like to spend some time each week watching the man play football. I also feel like he could have been like Michael Jordan became for the Chicago Bulls, but not to be. I remember being lambasted for suggesting Grealish would reach the heights of your David Silva's and Coutinho's, and it's quite apparent he will more than likely surpass the latter in influence if he hasn't already.

Anyway, I wish the young man nothing but the best. Even if he has made comment in private that Villa lacked ambition and that we wouldn't see Europe, I think that may well just be him deflecting the negative energy he feels from his decision to move, and an attempt to justify it, but the less I indulge speculative and inconsequential hearsay, the better.

All the best, Jack. The skies the limit.

To be fair its only human nature to want to justify a decision but Villa owners certainly don't lack ambition. It's whether we can back that up with action and result over the next couple of years. Hopefully we can maintain the upward trajectory. Thats good enough for me for the time being. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think if he scores agaisnt us any celebration will be a bit muted personally. Most players show respect in this way when scoring against former clubs and Jack will be no different. Willing to back this up with a charity bet as well! 

55 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Tammy Abraham didn't celebrate against us. Hell, Wes Hoolahan didn't either and he didn't even sign for us! Being deluded is thinking the boyhood Villa fan would celebrate against his old club because reasons.

He should celebrate if he scores against us.

I find the whole not celebrating thing **** bizarre.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He should celebrate if he scores against us.

I find the whole not celebrating thing **** bizarre.

Yeah it's weird, but it seems entrenched in football culture. I think the likelihood of him celebrating is pretty low. If he didn't play for us that would be a different story. Like I remember Joe Lolley celebrating pretty hard, and that was a guy who had 40k posts on here.

Â