The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Anybody think that if he scores against us in november he would celebrate?

no

but then we will have a contingent of our fan base that dont just give him shit on here, or on social media, they'll be in his DMs abusing him all that kind of nonsense

if at VP we boo his every touch, chant that he's a rocket polisher etc and then he scores and he celebrates villa fans cant wet their knickers over it...if he's shown at least a tiny bit of respect or even absolutely nothing then im sure we will get the same back

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's going to be funny seeing everyone opening their eyes to how good he actually is, while he's only playing at like 70% of his max. Was absolutely the right move for him for increased exposure.

Nail on head.

I think that's what really triggers a lot of our fans, me included.

He is the same player he's been for a few years, but because he didn't play for a "Sky 6" team there was absolutely no recognition. This obviously even goes as high as Gareth Southgate.

Now he's joined City, he a "guaranteed starter" for England when you listen to SkySports and TalkSport pundits. Last year (when he was the same player) he's fighting with Foden, Rashford, Sterling etc. He didn't exactly dominate in the summer, so what's changed? Oh he's joined a Sky 6 team.

He was a wonderful, generational, special player before, but weirdly you need to play for a Sky 6 team to be understood as such.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Poignant part that's often missed.

Purslow clearly stated the 100million was a "Confidential" release clause. That's why when Man City bid 100 million (on the dot) we tried to negotiate for more, Grealish's camp kicked off and Man City knew there was a release clause of 100m and the exact date by which it would expire. 

Someone tipped off Man City about the release clause. It's that simple. 

1 minute ago, pas5898 said:

Purslow clearly stated the 100million was a "Confidential" release clause. That's why when Man City bid 100 million (on the dot) we tried to negotiate for more, Grealish's camp kicked off and Man City knew there was a release clause of 100m and the exact date by which it would expire. 

i dont know why that upsets people

thats what football is, agents are words removed, it shouldnt come as a shock anymore

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Sorry, I'm very much misunderstanding the run of parts in bold.  There's a release clause of £100m and Man City bid £100m... so we then tried to get more?   I'm not entirely sure this is how release clauses work and quite rightly, the people who had that release clause put into a contract would kick off if we tried to renege on it.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I am begging you to please stop taking this so personally. You don't need to be bringing people's families into it.

The article states that a member of his family got a nice little lump sum to help sweeten the deal…

Therefore, his family were brought into it by Man City… It’s not me that brought them into it

Just now, bobzy said:

Sorry, I'm very much misunderstanding the run of parts in bold.  There's a release clause of £100m and Man City bid £100m... so we then tried to get more?   I'm not entirely sure this is how release clauses work and quite rightly, the people who had that release clause put into a contract would kick off if we tried to renege on it.

I think Greg Evans wrote a piece in the Athletic about this. 

There is nothing stopping us trying to get more out of Man City, in a negotiating format should the clause be confidential. Obviously we can't decline a 100million offer, but can try to extract more.

Man City bid 100million and knew they didn't need to go higher, even though the clause was meant to be confidential. Villa called bluff, apparently even tried to involve European clubs etc to entice Man City to bid more. They also knew the exact date (the following Saturday) which the deal needed to be concluded by.

However upon the 100million bid, Jack Grealish and his team instructed Villa to accept the 100million offer and we had no choice but to accept. 

5 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

It's Jack Grealish's family. His dad.

I love Villa, I go to every single game, obsessed over the club since 3/4 years old. 

But I love my son more, and I would do ANYTHING to make him happy or further his career when he's older. If I was in his father shoes, and that's what my son wanted I'd back him 100%.

Yeah well…

They aren’t my family and I am not a Man City fan…

So I couldn’t give a toss and will show no empathy towards their situation…

Bollocks to them for conspiring against the Villa…

• Confused 2

Â