The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Or our admin just applied common sense... 

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Or our admin just applied common sense... 

Possibly but there have been a few clues that all is not too swell. If it were all good though between all parties, I'm doubtful, I think it would be wise to not put up the usual celebration post as the crap that it would bring on to such a simple gesture would be overwhelming, horrible and bad PR for the club and Jack.

6 hours ago, Mantis said:

Even if he'd left amicably would the club's Twitter account have wished him a happy birthday?

Anyway I'm glad they didn't. He plays for one of our opponents now.

theres plenty of former players the club wish happy birthday to, and not just the legends

also interesting how few of the current team posted happy birthday on social media. largely just his known mates

Edited by tomav84

On 10/09/2021 at 07:45, WallisFrizz said:

The saddest thing about that tweet were the football fans, including Villa, invading the thread to insult JG and each other. Did they not look at what that thread is about and think, actually I’ll just leave the insults and tribalism out for this one. No, they did not…pathetic.

Thanks for letting us know. I won't open it. It's one thing to vent your frustrations on VT Jack Grealish thread and ruin the tweet of someone else, especially a youngster like WF.

• Like 1

Th biggest thing that annoys me with Grealish isnt Grealish. Its now how the media and certain pundits (and one particular managed) seem to think hes moved up a level. 

Granted a big money signing raises that profile but the calfs, the hair, the swagger and the actual performances were there at Villa. Now hes at City hes worth giving that big brand exposure to. I truly believe he could have been a megastar at Villa. Just not a megastar covered in medals. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Th biggest thing that annoys me with Grealish isnt Grealish. Its now how the media and certain pundits (and one particular managed) seem to think hes moved up a level. 

Granted a big money signing raises that profile but the calfs, the hair, the swagger and the actual performances were there at Villa. Now hes at City hes worth giving that big brand exposure to. I truly believe he could have been a megastar at Villa. Just not a megastar covered in medals. 

Hardly any effort was made to raise his profile here either, he could have helped raise our profile enough to help us increase income to help the cause, sort of feel he's held it back till he gets out.

25 minutes ago, Nicho said:

That's why he was £100m, they've not had to do anything, ready madding marketing wet dream

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

theres plenty of former players the club wish happy birthday to, and not just the legends

also interesting how few of the current team posted happy birthday on social media. largely just his known mates

Yeah but how many of those are playing in the same league right now? Do we wish happy birthday to Lowton and Westwood, for example?

• Like 2

On 11/09/2021 at 10:49, Nicho said:

That's fine though. They're wrong.

Anyone that holds that opinion clearly doesn't understand football. That includes a lot of pundits.

Had it for years with Grealish and others like Milner and Young. People who never watched them saying they were nothing special. It's nice of people to show themselves up so easily so I don't have to listen to their football opinions on anything, because clearly they don't have a clue.

• Like 2

Â