The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Think Foden only started the first 2 games. After that it was Saka and Mount keeping him out.

Sure. Foden got injured didn’t he late on in the Euros. Whatever, I hope Jack does well for England. He should have been playing much more regularly for the past two years 

• Like 2

On 06/09/2021 at 21:13, DJ_Villain said:

Why is it mental?

Picture it… we are in the relegation zone at the end of the season when Man City come to Villa Park…

City need to win to win the title… Villa need a draw to stay up…

Ball ends up at Grealishs feet with an open goal in front of him with 95.55 on the clock and only 6 minutes of stoppage time…

He’s a professional… so he is going to score… and he has just won them the league…

He will celebrate and love it…

But, at the moment, he is pedalling the whole “I’m Villa through and through, please still love me, I’m still same old Jack” narrative…

He’s trying to have his cake and eat it to preserve his boy-next-door public image that he has gained for himself since he was being tapped up at the Euros

You should write a book.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

What has happened to him. He hardly ever tries to beat a man at the moment. It’s all backwards. Doesn’t look a £10m player at the moment.

Good, because he's not a Villa player any longer and its no concern to me how he does any longer and I hope he drags City down somehow in some way and they don't win shit this season lol.

• Like 2

Just now, Keyblade said:

Best player on the pitch yet again. He must be on a 150 match streak for this by now.

Jeez far from the best player on the pitch, looks a shadow of what we know he can do.

• Like 1

England and City want to play possession football, England especially don't want to take risks. You can clearly see he's hugging the wing and playing safe a lot, still fantastic but it's already not the same Grealish for Villa who just wanted to drift all over, take everyone on and create chances.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Probably Lewa the only other player who played as well. Certainly nobody in an England shirt played better.

We must be watching different games because he was no better or worse than most of the English players on display tonight.  Certainly didn’t play “well”, it was just bang average with an extra topping of justified whining to the ref who was rubbish.  That wasn’t a “played well” Jack performance or even a “played well” left sided attacking player performance at all.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

We must be watching different games because he was no better or worse than most of the English players on display tonight.  Certainly didn’t play “well”, it was just bang average with an extra topping of justified whining to the ref who was rubbish.  That wasn’t a “played well” Jack performance or even a “played well” left sided attacking player performance at all.

I mean sure he wasn't peak Jack Grealish, but he did better than his teammates I thought. Was the only real threat on the pitch for England.

5 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

England and City want to play possession football, England especially don't want to take risks. You can clearly see he's hugging the wing and playing safe a lot, still fantastic but it's already not the same Grealish for Villa who just wanted to drift all over, take everyone on and create chances.

At the moment him playing this way feels like driving a Ferrari in a 30mph zone.  Looks good but really restricted and a little creaky but more in the tank if let loose.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Pep will improve him tactically over time no doubt.

Right now though he is pretty much the same player.

I don't think he will, I think he will utilise him in a different way and then will he actually look better on the pitch again like he did for us or will he just end up rotting and silently regretting his move. Maybe he's already regretting his choice and its affecting his ability to play. One thing you can say is he was always the top dog at Villa and now he's not at City and won't ever be because theres so many world classers there.

Let's face it Jack was improving all the time under Smith, so was it really the right decision for him to leave especially if he looks average at times like many of us said may happen once he went there.

He's obviously recently let the media get to him, so when your not playing with a clear head, if things are on his mind he will just struggle to perform.

I dont think he will ever perform at City like he did for us anyway. Look how much he had the ball, how many opportunities he had, it was all this feet for us. He was the man that made the magic happen, not anywhere near that will happen at City for Jack I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I mean sure he wasn't peak Jack Grealish, but he did better than his teammates I thought. Was the only real threat on the pitch for England.

I didn’t think he was a threat at all tonight just a lot of passes with Mount and co but not really any danger or no threat just sometimes looked pretty but no threat from him.  As I said no better or worse than the others, just bang in the middle rating wise.

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

He was bang average tonight

Which still made him one of the better players out there... He was OK, nothing more nothing less, him and Mount look like something is there but Mount was poor, he was the best out of England's attack 

He has a Luke Shaw problem, not on the same wave length at all, said in the match thread he doesn't overlap and seems reluctant to give him the ball

What he was poor at tonight was judging the ref, come the end of the game he got a fair few fouls (6) but he also went down softly another 3 or 4 at least which he was clearly never getting because no one else was either and then he bitched about it, the one where he was in behind but gave up because of the tug was laughable, he can't do that 

• Like 3

Â