The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Yesterday I suddenly thought of the possibility of Man City winning the league and FA Cup again plus the CL in the next two or three seasons. If that happens and Jack is a regular starter, I wonder if he might come back to Villa after two or three seasons.

He doesn't need more money, personally I believe him that he's  gone there to win a few major trophies and to improve further by playing with the best team in the country, and thereby get more starts for England too. And you never know, Man C could even win the treble this season.

At the end of the day, although he's now a Man City player, in terms of being a fan of a team he may still consider himself a Villa fan at heart more than a Man City fan, and that feeling may always remain. I'd be pleased if he came back to us in a few years from now, while still in his 20s, just.

2 hours ago, robby b said:

Yesterday I suddenly thought of the possibility of Man City winning the league and FA Cup again plus the CL in the next two or three seasons. If that happens and Jack is a regular starter, I wonder if he might come back to Villa after two or three seasons.

He doesn't need more money, personally I believe him that he's  gone there to win a few major trophies and to improve further by playing with the best team in the country, and thereby get more starts for England too. And you never know, Man C could even win the treble this season.

At the end of the day, although he's now a Man City player, in terms of being a fan of a team he may still consider himself a Villa fan at heart more than a Man City fan, and that feeling may always remain. I'd be pleased if he came back to us in a few years from now, while still in his 20s, just.

I think he may well be back at some point, but in the twilight of his career, and only if things suit both Villa and him. Bit like Rooney going back to Everton.

He signed a six year deal at Manchester City so he’s not just gone there for two or three seasons.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

I think he may well be back at some point, but in the twilight of his career, and only if things suit both Villa and him. Bit like Rooney going back to Everton.

He signed a six year deal at Manchester City so he’s not just gone there for two or three seasons.

He's signed a six year deal, OK, but I've noticed that sometimes both players and managers break their deals early (which brings about some compensation payments).

Full stop do not want the snake back. My Club, My City, My home.

My arse.

Engineered a move away in the most cynical way. And his "heart felt message" to fans after leaving, obviously a template from his PR agency. We put up with his antics because we thought he was one of us and made mugs of us all. Do not want him back in the twighlight of his career. He can go and console himself with his oil money and plastic trophies.

The only bit of his statement that rang true was this:

My Club, My City, My Home

We are Aston Villa, we move on.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

its pie in the sky but i can see him coming back, similar to david silva at sociedad

on a similar not i would have welcomed gareth barry back when he joined baggies, he would have been a brilliant signing for us for a couple of years

Silva never played for Sociedad before though

If he did cpme back it wouldnt take him long to win fans over. Fickle mentality with some fans

18 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Can't wait for them all to **** off to Super League 2.0 when they have the balls to go through with it. Pigs at a lonely trough.

I'd prefer it if everyone stopped providing Sky with money.

But that will never happen :( 

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I'd welcome him back with open arms if he were to return in his 30's still playing at a high level.

Legend in my book. Haters will hate.

Legend. LOL.

No.

Had he stayed and helped us win stuff, maybe. 

Very low bar for legend status nowadays.

13 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Legend. LOL.

No.

Had he stayed and helped us win stuff, maybe. 

Very low bar for legend status nowadays.

Depends on your age

I'm 37 and due to the inaccessibility of football in the 90s compared to today I didn't see that much of mcgrath, probably saw him play more for Ireland than I did for villa

So that leaves grealish up there with gabby, Barry, Taylor etc 

For anyone under the age of 30 he's comfortably the best villa player they've seen, which then you throw in winning stuff that's a lot of Villa fans with no legends... 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Not sure I understand why likes of Gabby are considered legends - never even got close to 20 league goals in a season for us and without his pace he would have been a League 1 player. 

Sadly I think we have that provincial mindset that if you're local and play for the club, and maybe score a few goals against the Noses, you're a legend. Never mind the fact that Gabby was utterly useless from 2010 onwards bar a few games a season. His best season he got 12 league goals - Ollie beat that in his first season for us. 

Players like Mellberg, Laursen, Barry I could see as sort of legends (except we didn't win anything with them), at least they had real quality about them. 

Back on topic, we need to forget about Greasy now. I think if we're as ambitious as we say we are we shouldn't be waiting for him to come back. He's already burnt his bridges with his comments and lack of respect IMO.

Leicester have lost numerous players to the Scummy 6 over the years but have rebuilt a stronger and better team and that's what we have to do. 

One thing we can learn is having a release clause (no matter how high) is not clever and we should try to avoid it in future. Levy would never allow that. And also not to get too attached to one single player because ultimately there is no loyalty in football.

Â