The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Ashley Preece is right. I am actually impressed it bothered Jack Grealish so much. I do believe him when he says he is a Villa fan and we don't know how football works.

I just wish he would believe us when we say he has come across as really dismissive of us as a club and fan base. That feels a little rough after the mutual times we have been through for the past few years.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Did Sinclair actually say the first bit though or just the quotes? As tbf Sinclair has been one of Grealish's biggest fans for a few years.

He did say the following further in the article, 

“He’s brought it all together and now, on the international stage, he looks confident. Before, he looked like: ‘I’m in here, but I’m still fighting for my position’. Now, he looks like he’s comfortable in the team.

It may be twisted by the writer though as the whole article is a joke though, and now having read it again is meant to anger Villa Fans. The final paragraph of the article confirms that for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

And so the BS begins

Trevor Sinclair has told talkSPORT that Jack Grealish is playing with even more confidence for England after leaving Aston Villa for Manchester City in a British-record transfer.

The midfielder left his boyhood club for the Citizens in a £100m deal in August, and penned a six-year contract. Grealish now earns north of £300k-a-week at the Etihad Stadium and has also started all three available Premier League fixtures under Pep Guardiola to date.

“As I watched him more and more, it was the tiny bits of detail – the first touch, how he kills the ball, whatever scenario he’s in, and then that weight of pass, so his teammate isn’t trying to fight for the ball with the defender – [that caught my attention],” Sinclair said.

What a complete utter load of rubbish!

A lot of people exposing themselves as never paying attention to Jack while he was at Villa. We've been harping about this for years!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

And so the BS begins

Trevor Sinclair has told talkSPORT that Jack Grealish is playing with even more confidence for England after leaving Aston Villa for Manchester City in a British-record transfer.

The midfielder left his boyhood club for the Citizens in a £100m deal in August, and penned a six-year contract. Grealish now earns north of £300k-a-week at the Etihad Stadium and has also started all three available Premier League fixtures under Pep Guardiola to date.

“As I watched him more and more, it was the tiny bits of detail – the first touch, how he kills the ball, whatever scenario he’s in, and then that weight of pass, so his teammate isn’t trying to fight for the ball with the defender – [that caught my attention],” Sinclair said.

What a complete utter load of rubbish!

This was on talkshite. To be fair the other presenters ripped him to shreds on it. The way he talks about Pep and Man City is way too far, no one hardly takes any notice of him when he starts talking Man City on the show.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

This was on talkshite. To be fair the other presenters ripped him to shreds on it. The way he talks about Pep and Man City is way too far, no one hardly takes any notice of him when he starts talking Man City on the show.

Ah ok, I don’t listen to Talksport. Glad to hear it was shot down on TS as what he has said is a crock of shite. I have since realised the article on hitc is published to anger Villa fans and get clicks. 

Just read the article, and yeah it's a little embarrassing for a journalist to write. Sounds very emotional and making everything about Villa. He's already left Ashley, why would anything be about Villa anymore?

This part was bang on though:

Clarke asked him if he ever thought that the £100million clause would be met and, as if staying at Villa would have been a total inconvenience for him, delivered the most telling of comments.

"Maybe, yeah," Grealish outlined with brutal honesty. "That's why we had it put in..."

Then there was a gasp, as if Grealish had to backtrack knowing that ice-cold statement lacked total respect to Aston Villa Football Club. It irked and angered Villa fans, I know it did. It's fact, I get that, but you don't spill it and deliver it the way he did knowing millions will be hanging onto his every word.

Grealish may as well have tweeted out, 'My city. My club. My release clause' just 12 months ago when he signed his five-year deal to become Villa's highest-paid player in the club's history. He also believed in Villa's project, or so he said, before engineering a move 11 months later.

Probably captures the frustrations of fans pretty well without getting into weird parasocial territory. I think the bold puts to bed the notion that he never thought in a million years a club would meet it that was floated on here a few days ago. It doesn't even make sense, if he didn't, why would he have it put in, in the first place?

Jack and his team openly laugh at the Harry Kane situation I’m not surprised he’s gloating over the release clause. 
He told NSWE over Skype while in Croatia he was off people need to stop defending him, as a captain 2 weeks before the season it’s disgraceful behaviour. 

Also they plan to have him pictured watching us at a game to establish the “he’s one of our own” narrative. I was right about the clause the deal and the video coming out after. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Jack and his team openly laugh at the Harry Kane situation I’m not surprised he’s gloating over the release clause. 
He told NSWE over Skype while in Croatia he was off people need to stop defending him, as a captain 2 weeks before the season it’s disgraceful behaviour. 

Also they plan to have him pictured watching us at a game to establish the “he’s one of our own” narrative. I was right about the clause the deal and the video coming out after. 

You mentioned this before, but what video is this? 

I thought the article was ok from Ashley. 

Grealish has been plotting this move for about 3 years now in my opinion, the contract announcement last summer was a load of bollox and that’s what annoys me most. He got a massive pay rise and knew a big move would happen if he kept playing well so it was a win win for him, the idea of him leaving Villa as a legend is completely gone though. 

i have no issue with the clause, villa have got a lot of money for him but this whole idea that he was committed to Villa was bullshit and I’d say he’s fairly sick at the reaction of the fans but there you go, he’s in for a fairly hostile reception November 30th. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Also they plan to have him pictured watching us at a game to establish the “he’s one of our own” narrative.

What a pic of him watching us post exit? Like when Albrighton comes to watch us?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I can actually see the latter happening as you’ve written it there and have no reason to doubt you, that’s hilarious.

I saw the interview that JG had and thought he was dismissive of Villa. I don’t fall into the he’ll become a better player, he could have still become a better player at Villa. There’s a tonne of players around Europe who play CL football and come to the PL and struggle. Some would say he was always at that level playing for Villa. 

The arguments don’t hold up, they are just convenient excuses.

The interview just confirmed my thoughts, IMO a real Villa fan wouldn’t ask for a release clause.

With regards to Ash, he always wears his heart on his sleeve when it comes to Villa, it’s far more refreshing than faking it, or being a plastic supporter. Shouldn’t matter were he works, he was honest and was honestly gutted when the transfer occurred.

• Like 1

I was thinking to myself yesterday how I wish just 1 journalist would call out his ‘My city, My club’ nonsense then today I see Ash’s opinion piece.

I’m all for it, last year proved the game is nothing without fans, yet we are just supposed  to accept any drivel that comes from a players mouth and expect it as gospel.

The last time Jack played in front of a full villa park we didn’t know if we would survive in our first year back in the Premier league.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It's strange that Grealish is rattled enough by Preece's  article that he tries a clap back on Twitter.

I would of thought the opinions of Preece and the Birmingham Mail are too small time for Grealish to give a shit about now. Even in the terms of perception, Villa fans don't give that much of a shit about BM to normally care.

Yet, something about the article spooked Jack... Either the article is blatant lies, what is public knowledge that BM are keen on telling, enough forJack not to care. or the article is saying some harsh truths, what Jack is trying to cover up in his response...

If it were a reporter or paper with a bigger reputation, I'd get the need for a response. But Ashley Preece? come onnn, that's like using a bazooka to swat a fly 

You know what they say?

If something said bothers you that much that you have to come out and try play it down, is that something got to you about what was said and there must be some truths in it all.

How many times when shit came out while he was at Villa did Jack stay silent, lots!! 

I mean I always remember Jack posting on his Twitter account pics of being back in training, but I just don't ever remember him tweeting "glad to be back with the boys" like he has done with his City team mates. Its like he's where he's always wanted to be at the top in the premier and that is fine, just now he's getting grief for it from fans, pundits and the media and it bothers him. He wouldn't of got it all as bad as he's getting it though if he'd just kept quiet about how Villa is his club and all that he said that made it look like he'd be at the club till his days are over. Jack could of walked out the door with everyone's vest wished if he'd just been honest with himself and others, but he flat out turned on the fanbase that loved him most for not being just a player but a person also.

If preece has irritated Jack so easy, then get another one wrote Ashley, maybe Jack will start to understand eventually of how a Villa fan feels about what he's said and the way he turned his back on the club.

Jack and his team openly laugh at the Harry Kane situation 

Were you hanging out with them again at the race track when this happened?

I’m not surprised he’s gloating over the release clause. 

Where has he done this? Please let us know.

He told NSWE over Skype while in Croatia he was off

How come you were on the Skype call? Genuine question. 

Another genuine question - why do Nas & Wes use Skype when 99% of the rest of the Western world use Zoom?

I was right about the clause the deal and the video coming out after. 

Thanks for telling us you were right. What video were you right about?

17 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

You know what they say?

If something said bothers you that much that you have to come out and try play it down, is that something got to you about what was said and there must be some truths in it all.

Off Topic but I have never heard anyone says anything remotely like this - and after reading it about 8 times I have actually no idea what you're on about :D

I have been drinking though 

Â