The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Preece at best comes across like a jilted lover and at worst like a child 

In your view! In my view he comes across as understanding what a lot of the base are feeling towards Jack at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

As I've said before. no way am I becoming what we've laughed at Blues, Baggies, Wolves, Leeds etc fans for for the last few years.

I'm not undoing all the years we've managed to successfully gloat and bat them off.

Who’s respect are you seeking by this approach? We will always be “the vile” to other clubs. Football is tribal I just don’t get our fans obsession with being perceived as universally liked, it’s self defeating as it’s impossible. 
Liverpool and United are small time at times, that’s tribalism. 

Just now, nick76 said:

Reflects what a lot of Villa fans think, it was spot on and does not reflect badly on the club but highlights how poor Jack has been about this.  After all the national media praising him about the move and ignoring us, it’s great that media type gave the other side to it and a view from a lot of the base.

The article isn't spot on though. It puts so many of the writers own opinions on Jack into 'quotes' and mixes it with actual quotes from Jacks interview. It's a bit of a hit job.

All the bits that make it 'spot on' in some people's view is the guys opinion. It's not reporting.

What Jack actually said was (paraphrased) 'Yes we thought somebody would match the clause that's why it was there. Yes I believe I have improved as a player by playing with world class players'

Villa Fans and Preece have then done 2+2=47 and made it to be Jack hating on Villa. Preece has implied his own version of events and written a trash article about his own emotions and basically made up context to fit his emotions. Then published it.

It's an awful article, it's not reporting. It's an overly emotional opinion piece written by a fan. It's awful

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

personally speaking, i'm not hurt he joined a better club. that's football.

i'm hurt that all the 'my club' stuff he spouted last year, the celebrations when he scored vs blues, etc is now null and void as it's since become evident that he's wanted a move for some time

i'm hurt that knowing a move would happen this summer he took 'his club' to the cleaners financially in a bumper contract for his final year

i'm hurt that i genuinely believe that he faked, or at the very least exaggerated, the injury he had towards the end of the season so as not to risk being injured for the euros

i'm hurt at all the crap he's come out with about how much better the standard is at city, how much better he's become since joining, "that's made my whole year" etc. whether true or not, it's disrespectful for the club he claimed to love

i'm hurt that in his own interviews AVFC coaches, current and former, get no credit whatsoever for the player he's become

i'm hurt that despite starting last season better than this, he walks into the england set up and he has the cheek to cite that as a reason for him to move despite numerous non-scum 6 players playing in the first 11 and foden barely getting a look in

i was indifferent to him at first when he left, and i wished him well. now i cannot **** stand him. i've never hated a former AVFC player before...but i **** loathe the guy. call me bitter, small time, whatever, but can't help it.

That's fair, I agree with some of those points and disagree with others. Thats the joys of a discussion forum :) I get the point about England and how he now suddenly starts. I don't think he faked his injury, as that could have cost him his Euro place, but I do wonder whether there was something else to the long lay off *sniff sniff*. 

I think his leaving statement to us was a bit weak... I think we deserved more than that. I've seen better efforts from people like Elmo, Neil Taylor and Hourihane. That being said, he's not the brightest bulb in the box so perhaps we shouldn't be surprised. In terms of taking the club to the cleaners financially, i think any payrise he got has been more than covered by £100m in the bank!

We could discuss all day and we'll each have our viewpoint. It was a hugely emotive transfer... I can't think of any in recent times in this country that come close to be honest. Anyway, onwards and upwards. 

He’s bang on from all I’ve seen over the last two years he’s nailed on in Jack’s thought process and his mindset and arrogance, he’s right there is contempt for Villa, he thinks he’s bigger than us. 
the quote about the JG10 the brand is bang on, I know this to be true I could tell you who does what and planned social media campaigns etc. 

Dislike the article all you want but Preece is factually on the money 

Edited by Fairy In Boots
  • Like 3

One thing I think we can all agree on (or most of us at least ;) ) is that footballers are basically only interested in themselves first and foremost. Loyalty barely exists anymore. Thats fine, it is what it is. I don't think we'll see a Le Tissier or Bull again. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Some Villa fans now calling him the same names that we laughed and ridiculed small heath fans for :D  "Greasy", "Squealish" etc and making up others like "Mike Lubb". 

Cringe. 

Mike Lubb is as small time as you can get

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Awful article from Ashley Preece. The worst article I've ever read. Reads like he spent 6 weeks in the echo chamber of this thread and then made it into an article.

What Jack said hurts as a villa fan. But. We all knew it was true. And he hasn't actually said anything bad about Villa. It's just not nice to read. Every bad thing is additional interpretation that's been added onto it by fans afterwards.

As for the Article. I don't disagree with Grealish's reply either.

Jack calling out Preece for being the clueless journalist that he is. 

Preece got zero inside knowledge. He is just a fan speculating. 

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

The article isn't spot on though. It puts so many of the writers own opinions on Jack into 'quotes' and mixes it with actual quotes from Jacks interview. It's a bit of a hit job.

All the bits that make it 'spot on' in some people's view is the guys opinion. It's not reporting.

What Jack actually said was (paraphrased) 'Yes we thought somebody would match the clause that's why it was there. Yes I believe I have improved as a player by playing with world class players'

Villa Fans and Preece have then done 2+2=47 and made it to be Jack hating on Villa. Preece has implied his own version of events and written a trash article about his own emotions and basically made up context to fit his emotions. Then published it.

It's an awful article, it's not reporting. It's an overly emotional opinion piece written by a fan. It's awful

Even if you forget the headline which he puts in quotation marks despite it not being a quotation... 

The opening sentence is There was a real smugness and arrogance to Jack Grealish that was quite distasteful as he sat in a sports hall at St George's Park as he spoke to ITV's Gabriel Clarke ahead of England's 4-0 win in Hungary

That's pure opinion that like you say is overly emotional

Its really poor 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That Preece article is absolutely embarrassing, just pure cringe. Completely agree with @HalfTimePost that it just reads like an entry on this forum. I guess the plan was purely to get those disenchanted elements of the fanbase on side for his own career. Cringe cringe cringe. 

Or just an honest assessment of the situation! You don’t agree with it so you think it’s embarrassing/cringe whereas many of us feel it’s spot on.  Nothing to do disenchanted elements of the fan base just an great honest article about the situation and not some cold fluff piece.  Great article!  Anything but cringe!

• Like 3

The thing is, Grealish is bigger than us in terms of his ability. He didn't leave on a free, we got £100m for him. He didn't have to sign the new deal.

Yes he said it was his club, and he believed in the project, but so what? Maybe he did. Things change.

Maybe it's because I'm not really a "local" Villa fan, born in Cheltenham to a non-Villa supporting family, but I don't get the vitriol toward Grealish.

Without him we would not be in the PL, let alone survived in our first season, and now we are in a fantastic financial position because of the £100m we received for selling him.

The squad is better, we've got some shit hot youngsters coming through, and Steve Bruce isn't our manager.

Feels pretty **** good.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Or just an honest assessment of the situation! You don’t agree with it so you think it’s embarrassing/cringe whereas many of us feel it’s spot on.  Nothing to do disenchanted elements of the fan base just an great honest article about the situation and not some cold fluff piece.  Great article!  Anything but cringe!

He sounds like a 13 year old girl whose first boyfriend dumped her a week after he said he loved her 

Surprised he didn't make reference to his shit hair and stupid shin pads 

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Jack calling out Preece for being the clueless journalist that he is. 

Preece got zero inside knowledge. He is just a fan speculating. 

That’s why it’s starts

OPINION

It’s an opinion piece as it literally says at the beginning of the piece

• Like 3

Â