The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If Gabby had a clause and left for say 10 million in 2014 to Arsenal. Would you have had the same anger? 

If the same circumstances then yes, I think Follyfoot gave a good reply to this.  You could say the same about Ian Taylor as well if he had done the same, in the fashion, but he didnt.  It's not about ability or about what he has done but but the way it was done.

22 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

It cuts really deep and will continue to do so. He gave the impression he was different with all this my club, my City, brought into the project bollocks. He gave us hope that we had a talent who would stay and become a legend at the club both he and we adore, a club for the first time in years on the way up, we all brought into it but the reality is somewhat different. My Mrs thinks I am nuts not being 'proud' of him because he started with us ffs. I hate him for what he has done to his most loyal of supporters who backed him through thick and thin and I hate him for potentially interrupting my clubs resurgence from the wilderness

To reiterate I have no objection of what the has done, as you it the way he weaselled about it 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Getting hurt about a bizarre conspiracy theory - that he faked an injury for no obvious benefit - is not a particularly sensible way to spend your energies.

The England manager was also in on this conspiracy 😉

• Like 1

I’m not from Birmingham or the surrounding area so I don’t get the “local lad” aspect of this. First to admit that. 
But I think Grealish has done what 99.9% of footballers do. They did their best with what they had. He played the local chap, living the dream and playing for his boyhood club. 
But it’s all a facade, a means to an end. Bigger contracts, bigger endorsements playing on the biggest stage is all he really wanted. And he will tell himself he got what he deserved. 
I think we all just move on, boo him if you want on his return to VP. Let’s focus on our players, the ones who want to be here. 

Of the big players that left Grealish is one that I hold few grudges against. Just like Young, Benteke and Barry(ok he **** up his way of leaving) 

Milner and Downing however ran at the first opportunity yet Milner is bizarrely adored by a majority

Actually Delph i was happy to see leave as well because I felt he was crap 😁

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Sorry to be harsh but I read that as "I'm hurt because I allowed myself to get too connected and was duped..." and that's not grealishs fault that's your own 

well, its not just that i allowed myself to be connected is it. he literally said numerous times he was a massive villa fan, believed in the project etc etc so why would i not believe that?

and there needs to be 2 parties involved for one to be 'duped' so you contradicted yourself there. if it's not jack, who's the 2nd party that 'duped' me?

• Like 1

this pretty much echoes my thoughts

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jack-grealish-aston-villa-england-21473066

There was a real smugness and arrogance to Jack Grealish that was quite distasteful as he sat in a sports hall at St George's Park as he spoke to ITV's Gabriel Clarke ahead of England's 4-0 win in Hungary.

• Like 1

I said it the other day . Theres a fine line between confidence and arrogance. And he has done a Carl Lewis and jumped way over it. We all loved him and it turns out he was just a huge prick in reality. But as someone said . He is a brand now . Anything like this creates more talk about Grealish which is what his management team and him want. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Mine too.  If others on this forum don’t understand our loathing for Jack after reading that piece which is just a sample of some of the stuff then they’ll never understand our viewpoint.  It would make any further discussion pointless.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Awful article from Ashley Preece. The worst article I've ever read. Reads like he spent 6 weeks in the echo chamber of this thread and then made it into an article.

What Jack said hurts as a villa fan. But. We all knew it was true. And he hasn't actually said anything bad about Villa. It's just not nice to read. Every bad thing is additional interpretation that's been added onto it by fans afterwards.

As for the Article. I don't disagree with Grealish's reply either.

I disagree, I’m not a fan of Preece but this was spot on.

• Like 3

Just now, nick76 said:

Mine too.  If others on this forum don’t understand our loathing for Jack after reading that piece which is just a sample of some of the stuff then they’ll never understand our viewpoint.  It would make any further discussion pointless.

agreed and frankly i'm done talking about him. there's 2 camps regarding grealish and i couldn't care less which one anyone else is in.

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

I normally like Preece but there is nothing professional about that article. It's a shambles as a piece of writing and reads like the posts in this thread. He may as well have signed off calling him Joe Gresford. Atrocious article which reflects worse on the club than Jacks interview did.

Reflects what a lot of Villa fans think, it was spot on and does not reflect badly on the club but highlights how poor Jack has been about this.  After all the national media praising him about the move and ignoring us, it’s great that media type gave the other side to it and a view from a lot of the base.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Poor article and very bitter which represents the current feelings amongst a group of Villa fans towards Grealish.

Many fans don’t and never want to understand the business of football.

Football is not fantasy, it’s a well marketed product that is sold to the masses. Grealish, like most of the football players are part of it, it’s a business.

Everyone needs to move on from this, because it’s becoming very toxic.

Â