The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He joined a better and in the context of modern football a bigger club

How does that make him a snake? 

It’s not what he’s done but how he’s done it, it’s that simple.

Pure speculation here…

But I’m beginning to wonder if last seasons injury was actually an injury at all.

Did we receive notification of a bid from City and leave him out of the team to safeguard the deal? Maybe a slight knock meant he missed a game or two and then we didn’t want to take any risks with the knowledge of the transfer?

It’s starting to seem strange that he came back prior to the Euros to build up his fitness, managed a last game at Villa Park and then has gone on to be available for every game since.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Pure speculation here…

But I’m beginning to wonder if last seasons injury was actually an injury at all.

Did we receive notification of a bid from City and leave him out of the team to safeguard the deal? Maybe a slight knock meant he missed a game or two and then we didn’t want to take any risks with the knowledge of the transfer?

It’s starting to seem strange that he came back prior to the Euros to build up his fitness, managed a last game at Villa Park and then has gone on to be available for every game since.

We’ll probably never know 100%. However, you do wonder if Jack “played” on the injury a little longer than necessary? I very much doubt that the club would have been part of anything like that but who knows. 

Edited by ferguson1

27 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He wasn’t going to be half the player he is without Smith and the coaches. So so arrogant. 

He thanked Smith in the interview as well, conveniently left out by the media 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Pure speculation here…

If so we would have sold him June 1st as it was Purslow didnt accept the bid until the last minute

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If so we would have sold him June 1st as it was Purslow didnt accept the bid until the last minute

Football doesn't work like that anymore though 

The way it has been talked about by both clubs and player the idea of a deal had been in place for weeks or months prior.

33 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s not what he’s done but how he’s done it, it’s that simple.

We agreed to enter a clause into the contract.

I don't get the fuss.  It's obviously a shame he left Villa, but everything seems to have been done exactly as it should've been with the club coming out of it looking rather good.  The Kane situation, on the other hand, is a complete mess.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't get the fuss.  It's obviously a shame he left Villa, but everything seems to have been done exactly as it should've been with the club coming out of it looking rather good.  The Kane situation, on the other hand, is a complete mess.

Club looked good coming out of this but from a Villa point of view, Jack looks poor.  Some agree with this point of view and some don’t re how Jack looks coming out of this.

Edited by nick76

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Club looked good coming out of this but from a Villa point of view, Jack looks poor.  Some agree with this point of view and some don’t re how Jack looks coming out of this.

Who gives a shit how Jack comes out of it?  It's clear he wanted to go and he's gone.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

yeah i dont agree that he's come out of it looking bad at all

the negotiating of the release clause and the leaking of info about its value and date to city is negated by the fact that £100m is a crazy amount of money, especially for someone with his CV, i would lazily guess that in the top 10 highest transfer fees of all time he's the one with the fewest caps, fewest trophies and fewest CL appearances, his marketability has inflated his value

the social media PR party line guff when he signed his contract for us and now the social media PR party line guff that he's wheeling out for city i can swerve, i wasnt interested in it when he played for us and im not interested in it now, im definitely not upset that he didnt put kisses on the end of his message to villa fans when he left, all of it means nothing, again i think all of that goes back to the misconception that jack grealish was different because we are aston villa and he is a villa fan

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Who gives a shit how Jack comes out of it?  It's clear he wanted to go and he's gone.

Many do because he was one of us and now he’s not.  It wasn’t just any player but a boyhood Villa fan, that’s why.  You may not care about that which is fine but many do.  You coming onto this thread must care somewhat whether to agree or not agree with comments.

Just now, villa4europe said:

yeah i dont agree that he's come out of it looking bad at all

the negotiating of the release clause and the leaking of info about its value and date to city is negated by the fact that £100m is a crazy amount of money, especially for someone with his CV, i would lazily guess that in the top 10 highest transfer fees of all time he's the one with the fewest caps, fewest trophies and fewest CL appearances, his marketability has inflated his value

the social media PR party line guff when he signed his contract for us and now the social media PR party line guff that he's wheeling out for city i can swerve, i wasnt interested in it when he played for us and im not interested in it now, im definitely not upset that he didnt put kisses on the end of his message to villa fans when he left, all of it means nothing, again i think all of that goes back to the misconception that jack grealish was different because we are aston villa and he is a villa fan

Ok that’s your viewpoint but many including myself don’t. 

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yep.

The new contract meant we got more for him than we would have if he hadn't signed it.

Yes we would have got EVEN MORE (probably) if there was no release clause. But then grealish wouldn't have signed the contract if there was no release clause, so we'd be back to his original contract under which we'd have got less for him. 

48 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Pure speculation here…

No chance, because it's not a transfer that we wanted.  We (apparently) rejected offers below £100m out of hand so why would we keep our best player out of the side to help encourage an offer that we don't want to receive?

Also add to that Jack's absolute desperation to play in Euros.

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Many do because he was one of us and now he’s not.  It wasn’t just any player but a boyhood Villa fan, that’s why.  You may not care about that which is fine but many do.  You coming onto this thread must care somewhat whether to agree or not agree with comments.

It cuts really deep and will continue to do so. He gave the impression he was different with all this my club, my City, brought into the project bollocks. He gave us hope that we had a talent who would stay and become a legend at the club both he and we adore, a club for the first time in years on the way up, we all brought into it but the reality is somewhat different. My Mrs thinks I am nuts not being 'proud' of him because he started with us ffs. I hate him for what he has done to his most loyal of supporters who backed him through thick and thin and I hate him for potentially interrupting my clubs resurgence from the wilderness

To reiterate I have no objection of what the has done, as you it the way he weaselled about it 

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

No chance, because it's not a transfer that we wanted.  We (apparently) rejected offers below £100m out of hand so why would we keep our best player out of the side to help encourage an offer that we don't want to receive?

Also add to that Jack's absolute desperation to play in Euros.

yep, his desperation to seal a move not only included faking an injury for us and missing a 3rd of the season but also faking it so well that england used him sparingly and iced his shins after every game

the medical team at villa and england would see straight through him 

22 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If Gabby had a clause and left for say 10 million in 2014 to Arsenal. Would you have had the same anger? 

As I've said before. no way am I becoming what we've laughed at Blues, Baggies, Wolves, Leeds etc fans for for the last few years.

I'm not undoing all the years we've managed to successfully gloat and bat them off.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

personally speaking, i'm not hurt he joined a better club. that's football.

i'm hurt that all the 'my club' stuff he spouted last year, the celebrations when he scored vs blues, etc is now null and void as it's since become evident that he's wanted a move for some time

i'm hurt that knowing a move would happen this summer he took 'his club' to the cleaners financially in a bumper contract for his final year

i'm hurt that i genuinely believe that he faked, or at the very least exaggerated, the injury he had towards the end of the season so as not to risk being injured for the euros

i'm hurt at all the crap he's come out with about how much better the standard is at city, how much better he's become since joining, "that's made my whole year" etc. whether true or not, it's disrespectful for the club he claimed to love

i'm hurt that in his own interviews AVFC coaches, current and former, get no credit whatsoever for the player he's become

i'm hurt that despite starting last season better than this, he walks into the england set up and he has the cheek to cite that as a reason for him to move despite numerous non-scum 6 players playing in the first 11 and foden barely getting a look in

i was indifferent to him at first when he left, and i wished him well. now i cannot **** stand him. i've never hated a former AVFC player before...but i **** loathe the guy. call me bitter, small time, whatever, but can't help it.

100% agree...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47cizbspejx7kukjqnay

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47rm5kjw4em4xkwnukj4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â