The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Whenever I've seen him for City he hasn't looked fit yet. Be interested to see if the dodgy shins ever get better.

England have generally been pretty good when he's on the pitch because he forces them forward, this will be no different.

We will win tournaments if Jack Grealish plays like he has for Villa the last four years. And Southgate and Pep will gobble up plenty of credit I'm sure.

He’s fit he just don’t stand out anymore because the whole teams game plan isn’t give it to Jack. That’s all it is.

2 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Whose going to watch tonight?

Nope. England and Jack now make me feel a bit nauseous. Will always associate the NT now with the time he was engineering his move whilst we all backed him as our captain and the whole nation joined in. Look at it now. Too raw for me right now.

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Vassell was surplus to requirements here and City were genuinely dreadful at that time. It was nothing like the Grealish situation.

Yeah, Vassell had stagnated at Villa and his England career was virtually done by then.  City was a step down at the time too.  Just Sod’s law that Vassell morphed into the greatest player in the world whenever he came up against us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Southgate essentially telling all players they’ve got no chance of being a first XI fixture if they don’t play for a top 4 side.

What happened to playing players on form etc? Forgive me if I’m mistaken but hasn’t he made a big deal about that before?

Playing 1 or 2 extra games against Atleti and Dortmund every season really makes the difference in international football against Croatia obviously.

Absolute clown.

It was obvious when he was using the excuse of Jack having to play in the PL to be picked, which was bollocks because he was picking Mason Mount who was playing for Derby (and being sonned by Jack 3 times that year, including the playoff final). It's a paradoxically subtle, yet obvious way of saying "get your ass over to a top 6 side son".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

It was obvious when he was using the excuse of Jack having to play in the PL to be picked, which was bollocks because he was picking Mason Mount who was playing for Derby (and being sonned by Jack 3 times that year, including the playoff final). It's a paradoxically subtle, yet obvious way of saying "get your ass over to a top 6 side son".

The question is, why? 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Probably a push from the FA. Southgate is nothing if not a yes man. They probably want all the best players concentrated in their Cash Cow 6. 

I was thinking Southgate is insecure and needs confirmation from Pep and Jurgen about who’s a good player, probably all of the above.

• Like 1

Just now, punkymonkey666 said:

Puff piece about JG on just now. Don't recall anything like that when he was here.

It's like he's a new player, it's nauseating. Everything about how Pep will take him to the next level etc. I don't think he'll have anywhere near the effect that Bruce/Terry and Smith have. Literally elevated him to heights unimaginable around 2017. He was close to becoming the next Ravel Morrison let's not forget.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, punkymonkey666 said:

Puff piece about JG on just now. Don't recall anything like that when he was here.

There was plenty during the World Cup.

• Like 1

Â