The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

of course, he has realised that Grealish and Mount can play together. Then how does he fit in Sancho who meets the same criteria

Wouldnt be surprised if he squeezed in Lingard somehow

I find myself imagining what the inner working of Southgates tactical brain is like and I assume its something like The Oompah Loompa song scene from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. 

with purely the england football fan cap on the main interest will be sterling playing with jack and not mount or foden or anyone else, even watching a bit of city vs arsenal i dont think sterling acknowledges that with his movement and jacks passing he could have a great season, instead he wants to be the one on the ball which isn't his skill set despite what southgate thinks, pep needs to ween him out of it and then hope that the national team do the same, he saw too much of the ball at the euros rather than letting the better ballers have it and let them try and pick him out

mount on the right was absolute shite in the final too so lets see where southgate shoe horns him in tonight

i'd start bellingham over rice or phillips for these 2 games too

all that said i dont have an england football fan cap...if mings doesnt start i doubt i'll be watching unless the wife sticks some garbage on TV

• Like 1

1 minute ago, birdman said:

I find myself imagining what the inner working of Southgates tactical brain is like and I assume its something like The Oompah Loompa song scene from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. 

come on thats a bit harsh...oompah loompas wouldnt be able to play in the defence...

• Haha 1

if you're not playing top 4 and CL then you wont be picked for england

Jack Grealish reveals why Man City transfer can help improve his England career (msn.com)

Explaining why joining City could help improve his England career, Grealish told ITV Sport: "That was a massive reason. To be playing for England in the biggest of games, I need to be playing at club level in the biggest of games, that being the Champions League and all these types of games.

"You see the likes of Phil [Foden] last year playing in the Campions League games... the semi-finals, the quarters and the final.

"You could see that really did help his England career as well. So I feel that if I am to be playing in the biggest of games for England, I need to be doing that at club level as well."

50 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Surprise surprise eh?

Hilarious.

Quite funny though. The times I've watched him for City he's only really produced average Villa performances so far. 

But I guess I am wrong. Plays for City=Good player Plays for Villa=Not that good

Edited by villalad21

Now he has experience of being in the draw for the champions league it has totally changed him as a player. You cam juat see and hear the difference. And the difference is when confidence turns to arrogance . Or did we just ignore his arrogance because he was our player. 

• Like 1

Him admitting that he had the clause inserted because he wanted a big club to come in for him isn’t the best look. Just admits he had no interest in staying deep down. He just needs to shut up and focus on playing for City. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Him admitting that he had the clause inserted because he wanted a big club to come in for him isn’t the best look. Just admits he had no interest in staying deep down. He just needs to shut up and focus on playing for City. 

I think these thoughts of his came after being called up for England.

This tends to happen when Villa players become England regulars.

Depressing stuff this whole Saga. Its making me anxious now just want our strongest team on the pitch together winning games and playing well so I can forget about it all. The disruptions and injuries and covid and Argie disputes is one huge shitstorm we really didnt need right now. Crazy how you can go from loving to hating someone so quickly. This game is so tribal

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think these thoughts of his came after being called up for England.

This tends to happen when Villa players become England regulars.

This more than anything is why I now actively want England to do badly. Toxic.

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

When you have agents, managers, pundits and fans constantly in your ear stating you need to be playing for a top club to achieve or to be selected for England your head will turn eventually. That's the game and the rules it would seem. No room for anything else! 

• Like 1

Â