The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

If you are desperate to leave you don’t sign a deal to extend your stay. 

By signing a deal you’re giving up control over moving in return for more money, again, not something you do if you really want out. 
Kane took the money over control of his destiny, suggests he was quite happy at Spurs. It was a 6 year deal too. He’s an idiot for signing it if he wanted to leave. He thought he had a gentleman’s agreement which is worth the paper it’s written on. That’s because he has a shit agent.

Who said he was desperate to go??? He signed the new because he knew the owners where not letting him go and he could either, a) sit out his remaining deal or b) sign an improved deal, significantly increasing his salary.  What would anyone do?  That's not rocket science tbh. As a pro footballer, unless you are top draw and towards the end of your career you don't run your contract out under any circumstances without guarantees. He wouldn't have been guaranteed anything at the time as there was no clamber for him other than from spurs and they may not have hung around waiting for a contract to expire.

I agree regarding Kane btw. Poorly managed period. I also bet Kane never thought he'd want to leave when initially signing that deal otherwise it would've been discussed imo.  

16 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Who said he was desperate to go??? He signed the new because he knew the owners where not letting him go and he could either, a) sit out his remaining deal or b) sign an improved deal, significantly increasing his salary.  What would anyone do?  That's not rocket science tbh. As a pro footballer, unless you are top draw and towards the end of your career you don't run your contract out under any circumstances without guarantees. He wouldn't have been guaranteed anything at the time as there was no clamber for him other than from spurs and they may not have hung around waiting for a contract to expire.

I agree regarding Kane btw. Poorly managed period. I also bet Kane never thought he'd want to leave when initially signing that deal otherwise it would've been discussed imo.  

And also making it harder for him to leave in future. If he wanted to leave so badly there's no way he signs that new deal.

And any increase in wages has paid for itself in the massive fee we've got for him.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm assuming that one of the most exciting and sought after English players of his generation could have forced a move away from a lower half premier league club if he'd wanted to, yes.

If you really think this is the first chance he's had of leaving then sorry but you're deluded

Lol. Why couldn't the MOST high profile English player and captain force his move away, considering that's what he wanted? Could it be his contract?! 

Also, because someone has a different opinion to your assumptions, does that mean they are deluded, or are you just being ignorant.

5 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Lol. Why couldn't the MOST high profile English player and captain force his move away, considering that's what he wanted? Could it be his contract?! 

Also, because someone has a different opinion to your assumptions, does that mean they are deluded, or are you just being ignorant.

Why do you keep starting posts with Lol? I’m pretty sure you’re not laughing out loud.

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Because the club he wanted to go to had already spent £100m on our captain. I'm not saying it always happens, but it happens. Do you think kane will be with Spurs for his entire career? Of course he won't. He'll leave next Summer, probably for far less than they would have got this summer.

Plenty of people have different opinions to me. I don't call any of them deluded.

But my opinion is anybody who thinks this was Jack's first opportunity to leave Villa is deluded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah this. He never once came out to stop any speculation, and that's because he'd have been off in a flash like you said.

Don’t forget his Telegraph interview in 2018 about his disappointment in the Spurs deal falling through so he couldn’t play CL football that year and get into the England team. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Don’t forget his Telegraph interview in 2018 about his disappointment in the Spurs deal falling through so he couldn’t play CL football that year and get into the England team. 

The second season we failed to get out of the Championship a player has a move to a Champions League side blocked. 
I think anyone would be a bit disappointed by that. Saying that. He remained professional, committed his future and signed a new deal.

23 hours ago, PaulC said:

He's not a useless prick. He took us to  the semi-final of a world cup and Euro-final which is a lot better than any other manager since Ramsey. He just is very defensive and didnt trust Grealish. 

He is a useless prick who can't judge the ability of a player at all.

A chimp could have got this England to the final. A chimp would also have probably got England to the World Cup final in 2018.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Hes the opposite to Tim Sherwood.  

He talks just as much shit as Sherwood, but isn't as brazenly arrogant.

11 minutes ago, birdman said:

Funny. Last time I watched England I was screaming "get Jack on" like a loon. Now I'm like meh, whatever. 

i'm just glad i don't feel i have to watch the england games now

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, birdman said:

Funny. Last time I watched England I was screaming "get Jack on" like a loon. Now I'm like meh, whatever. 

Now you can scream Jack off and get funny looks from your significant other.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I don't feel like watching it but probably will! It's right that Jack should start of course but has Southgate learnt something from Euros or is it purely becauee Jack has now met his complex, confused and ever changing qualifying criteria? 

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

I don't feel like watching it but probably will! It's right that Jack should start of course but has Southgate learnt something from Euros or is it purely becauee Jack has now met his complex, confused and ever changing qualifying criteria? 

of course, he has realised that Grealish and Mount can play together. Then how does he fit in Sancho who meets the same criteria

Wouldnt be surprised if he squeezed in Lingard somehow

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Ditto, could not give a **** in watching that sleeping inducing tripe. Boring England. Pundits will stroking each others rocket Jack now he plays for a 'big club" 

When he falls over it will be clever.... Bore off. 

Â