The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I wonder how Pep sees the circus that is Grealish. Or De Bruyne who seems as far removed as possible from these kind of things. 

Pep probably understands the business side of it and why they bought him, which is for this bullshit 

Said before but for all of his qualities as an actual footballer I don't think there's thousands of kids with de bruyne posters on their walls, Jack has something that he doesnt and its something man City need 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

Made me cringe watching that

Just an attention seeking brand promoting pleb who every passing day finds a way to make it easier to get over his departure. 

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That's how I see it too, villa yesterday made 384 passes, Man City made 757 its not hard to believe that statistically he's getting more touches

But then watching the 2nd half I can also say that there are times where he's wide open in a great position and the ball doesn't come his way whereas at villa it almost definitley would 

I did also see his stats from the arsenal game last season, 8 touches in their box (Kenneth) might not have done that yesterday 

It might not bother him, more likely that it will come which is why pep isn't subbing him right now, I'm sure during his over analysis it will come up "pass the ball to the wide open man" regardless of who it is

Also from what I saw yesterday sterling's summer of why pass to an open grealish when I can spin round 4 times, run down a cul de sac, get stood up by 2 defenders and then try and blast the ball through them is alive and well

But I know Grealish is a bit thick, but even he wouldn’t have thought that if he went to Man City he would still be getting the ball all of the time. 

I really doubt it’s bothering him

On 26/08/2021 at 17:44, Xela said:

I've quoted both posts, not because i'm picking on you but it saves me doing two replies to two interesting posts :)

It comes down to motivation on the individual player. What does he want most? Stay at his hometown club and become a legend. Or leave to play CL football straight away with a team who has a far better chance at winning things. Different players will choose differently. for JG it came down to winning things now. Not money (be ludicrously rich either way) and lets be honest, we are more than 2/3 years away from dining at the top table. He might never play CL football at Villa. Its obviously massively important to him. 

On the 2nd post, do you think he would have pushed to leave this year regardless of our position? Let's say if by some miracle we finished 4th last year, do you think he would have stayed as he would have CL football? Or not? I guess the release clause would have been invalid then anyway? 

Yes he did this was set up in November 2020 he’s or his camp have wanted out for 2-3 years. Probably would have changed things if we finished 4th last year but they’ve known they were off for sometime. They were off the year before also our first season in the prem midway through they we’re meeting with United to agree a summer move. 

On 26/08/2021 at 16:44, PaulC said:

It could happen if everything goes right, but to break into that top 4 is like beating Rafa Nadal at RG. Its the most difficult thing in Sport.  We are light years away from it at the moment. 

I’d say if we’d kept him and added Buendia we are in with a shout of 6th. 

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

He's so much more active on Twitter now. Retweeting fan videos on chants on trains, whatever this is

It’s not him mate, his agency have a guy who does this. This is now shifting up a gear as it’s a carefully managed campaign to build his brand. 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We’d all be absolutely loving it if he was on stage with Stormzy while still a villa player 

What it will do is set alarm bells ringing with Guardiola, Jack came up in a time when Gabby was the role model and Smith was far too soft on him because he was the “star boy”. Jack will get told to stop or it will be a problem really quickly but Jack is unbelievably arrogant now he’s massively into himself so it could become a problem. I personally hope it does

• Like 1

So much for everyone moving on right :lol:

Criticizing every little thing he does while I know for an absolute fact everyone would be loving it if he was still with us. Get over it people deary me.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Farlz said:

So much for everyone moving on right :lol:

Criticizing every little thing he does while I know for an absolute fact everyone would be loving it if he was still with us. Get over it people deary me.  

So what?! He is playing for oil money now. He is not a Villa fan or Villa player so is fair game! 

6 hours ago, JPJCB said:

All of a bit of a circus now- wouldn’t surprise me if he starts to lack focus on the pitch as a result 

Will get busted for beak next IMO 

• Haha 2

Â