The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

sorry...but its really not

you need a reality check on what the upper echelons of english football currently looks like and what they've put in place to protect it

we are **** miles off, not 2 to 3 years and even then we're still dependent on one of those clubs making a misstep in replacing say pep or klopp and dropping off

I said it before, but even if things went perfectly for Villa, like beyond our wildest dreams, we're probably 10 years away from being a club on Man City's level. And that's if things went perfectly.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I said it before, but even if things went perfectly for Villa, like beyond our wildest dreams, we're probably 10 years away from being a club on Man City's level. And that's if things went perfectly.

im not even convinced by that if im honest

i think football revenue is a bit of a curve based on market value and city snuck through the door before it exploded, they now have such an advantage (chelsea, utd, liverpool too) that i dont think we will ever catch them if it continues in the exact same fashion, we can get better, we can grow but if we get a £50m a year shirt deal from adidas in 2 years time when we are 7th in the league and playing EL then what will city's deal be worth? more of course and then it wont just be a shirt deal it will be everything, not just their inflated owners deal either, their official energy drink partner will always pay them more per year than our official energy drink partner, they will always be able to get a random official partner that we cant, said somewhere else last week man utd have an official serbian bank partner, every step we take forward man city can replicate and take a bigger step, i dont think its a case of they will plateau and then we start to catch them, its the opposite they will pull even further away, i dont see our revenue ever catching man citys

thats why i think the whole thing is rigged and needs an overhaul

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

That's a huge reach. We are miles behind city, Chelsea, liverpool, man utd. To claim that in 2 or 3 years we'll be in the CL and challenging for the title is a fantasy IMO. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

sorry...but its really not

you need a reality check on what the upper echelons of english football currently looks like and what they've put in place to protect it

we are **** miles off, not 2 to 3 years and even then we're still dependent on one of those clubs making a misstep in replacing say pep or klopp and dropping off

Guys we’re going off topic here. 
To clarify by upper echelons I mean reaching top 4 and getting Cl football. Commercially it will take 10 years to match incomings Of the top 4 last year I agree, outgoings will depend on our performance and how serious NSWE are. 
By the end of 2023/24 is 3 years away, at which point I think we will be close or there on the pitch.

look at the teams we have to overcome

Arsenal trending downwards, will keep throwing money but it’s just badly ran behind the scenes. 9-10th

Everton have spent lots of money, however not wisely Rafa will sort them out but I don’t expect an upward trend consistently, will tread water while moving to new stadium 6-8th

Leicester well ran but don’t have our resources  and I expect they will lose key players. Vardy will be gone then also 7-10th

West Ham doing ok but Moyes blows hot and cold, also that squad is old. Gold and Sulivan don’t have deep pockets 9th-14th

Spurs depends on hold Nuno does as have decent players. 5-8th

Leeds overachieving won’t sustain it, think will be mid table by then. 9th-14th

Liverpool won’t have the front 3 or Henderson and Milner then and will need a rebuild, don’t think FSG have appetite to spend another 4-500m. Chance to surpass these, also expect Klopp to leave next year 5-7th

United will probably still be Ole’s project, they will be top 2-4th

City still there although Pep now going means change and transition 1-3rd

chelski 1-3rd will be up there. 

Villa well ran, great resources young squad that’s improving and youth products coming through. I see no reason that if we don’t keep adding 2-3 quality additions each year for the next 3 years we can’t be in the shouts for 4th? And that will be game changing given the resource behind us

Edited by Fairy In Boots

38 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Guys we’re going off topic here. 
To clarify by upper echelons I mean reaching top 4 and getting Cl football. Commercially it will take 10 years to match incomings Of the top 4 last year I agree, outgoings will depend on our performance and how serious NSWE are. 
By the end of 2023/24 is 3 years away, at which point I think we will be close or there on the pitch.

look at the teams we have to overcome

Arsenal trending downwards, will keep throwing money but it’s just badly ran behind the scenes. 9-10th

Everton have spent lots of money, however not wisely Rafa will sort them out but I don’t expect an upward trend consistently, will tread water while moving to new stadium 6-8th

Leicester well ran but don’t have our resources  and I expect they will lose key players. Vardy will be gone then also 7-10th

West Ham doing ok but Moyes blows hot and cold, also that squad is old. Gold and Sulivan don’t have deep pockets 9th-14th

Spurs depends on hold Nuno does as have decent players. 5-8th

Leeds overachieving won’t sustain it, think will be mid table by then. 9th-14th

Liverpool won’t have the front 3 or Henderson and Milner then and will need a rebuild, don’t think FSG have appetite to spend another 4-500m. Chance to surpass these, also expect Klopp to leave next year 5-7th

United will probably still be Ole’s project, they will be top 2-4th

City still there although Pep now going means change and transition 1-3rd

chelski 1-3rd will be up there. 

Villa well ran, great resources young squad that’s improving and youth products coming through. I see no reason that if we don’t keep adding 2-3 quality additions each year for the next 3 years we can’t be in the shouts for 4th? And that will be game changing given the resource behind us

It could happen if everything goes right, but to break into that top 4 is like beating Rafa Nadal at RG. Its the most difficult thing in Sport.  We are light years away from it at the moment. 

6 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Your comparing a different thing there, I said on Jack’s current deal I’d have stayed. If you’re not getting your market value it’s a different conversation but we were offering £225k p/w over 5 years that’s roughly £60m. To stay at the club you supposedly love and lead it back to the upper echelons of English football (because that’s happening over the next 2-3 years) or go to a club you have no connection to for £100m? 

To me I’d stay both sums are obscene, you’re set for life with it especially given potential earnings outside the game. Why go there for that with no connection to them? It’s greed. I’ve been warned before so can’t say anything else but “over sweeteners” had a say in this, it’s financial greed that has done this nothing more.

3 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Well I know that he has no loyalty to any club, it would have been any champions league club and then the most offered, he was geared up to go to United last year. 

Look at the Kane saga, Grealish’s camp have specifically requested release clauses and then hawked him round 2-3 years running, why would you do that if you didn’t intend to cash in? he would have gone to United and there’s no guarantee of silverware there. I’ve said many times in this thread it’s about money first, always has been I know the deal’s finer details mate it’s about money. I told you all about that release clause and was called all sorts about it. 

Where they shit on us was going to city and telling them the parts of the contract to be exploited, this “win things” is a line like the video and statement is a line to manage perception over it. If they were fans of the Villa why would you do that? You wouldn’t. 

I've quoted both posts, not because i'm picking on you but it saves me doing two replies to two interesting posts :)

It comes down to motivation on the individual player. What does he want most? Stay at his hometown club and become a legend. Or leave to play CL football straight away with a team who has a far better chance at winning things. Different players will choose differently. for JG it came down to winning things now. Not money (be ludicrously rich either way) and lets be honest, we are more than 2/3 years away from dining at the top table. He might never play CL football at Villa. Its obviously massively important to him. 

On the 2nd post, do you think he would have pushed to leave this year regardless of our position? Let's say if by some miracle we finished 4th last year, do you think he would have stayed as he would have CL football? Or not? I guess the release clause would have been invalid then anyway? 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

It comes down to motivation on the individual player. What does he want most? Stay at his hometown club and become a legend. Or leave to play CL football straight away with a team who has a far better chance at winning things. Different players will choose differently. for JG it came down to winning things now. Not money (be ludicrously rich either way) and lets be honest, we are more than 2/3 years away from dining at the top table. He might never play CL football at Villa. Its obviously massively important to him. 

Do you want to be in with a shout for the best player in history at B6 or for a few years in with a shout for best player in the world? 

Ultimately I think he would probably fall short of both but he's certainly going to be  "in with a shout" he'll make a Ballon Dor long list in the next 5 years maybe a shortlist too

I've got no doubt that forget the money which he will earn a lot, forget the trophies of which he will win a lot, the spotlight element of it is something that we simply cannot touch 

Ronaldo joining and a couple of conversations about branding and marketing opportunities, his guy talk to your guy type stuff, plus then the professionalism side of stuff I wouldn't write it off instantly as being a bad thing for Jack 

7 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Jacks brand is gonna take a hammering. . A new face of Man City barely 3 weeks after him becoming it . Ronaldo crazy time 

Yep. It will also cut into his playing time. One more Plastico to accommodate. 

Poor, poor Jack Grealish. 

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Imagine signing Grealish and Ronaldo in the same transfer window… whilst being investigated for FFP, they are taking the piss aren’t they! 

I do look forward to dickhead Pep justifying this move

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I find it amazing that anyone actually gives a shit.

Personally i dont care that much but the way he invented transfer fees to show how they could sign Jack has put him into a corner. I imagine Ronaldo be getting a million or so a week 

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

im not even convinced by that if im honest

i think football revenue is a bit of a curve based on market value and city snuck through the door before it exploded, they now have such an advantage (chelsea, utd, liverpool too) that i dont think we will ever catch them if it continues in the exact same fashion, we can get better, we can grow but if we get a £50m a year shirt deal from adidas in 2 years time when we are 7th in the league and playing EL then what will city's deal be worth? more of course and then it wont just be a shirt deal it will be everything, not just their inflated owners deal either, their official energy drink partner will always pay them more per year than our official energy drink partner, they will always be able to get a random official partner that we cant, said somewhere else last week man utd have an official serbian bank partner, every step we take forward man city can replicate and take a bigger step, i dont think its a case of they will plateau and then we start to catch them, its the opposite they will pull even further away, i dont see our revenue ever catching man citys

thats why i think the whole thing is rigged and needs an overhaul

So do we give up, tell the young generations of Villans not to bother. In my lifetime we went from the third division chumps to European Champs. I know football was a different beast then but you get the point. If Leceister can do it we can, I still believe in the Villa, will never stop

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

So do we give up, tell the young generations of Villans not to bother. In my lifetime we went from the third division chumps to European Champs. I know football was a different beast then but you get the point. If Leceister can do it we can, I still believe in the Villa, will never stop

Villas my last interest in football

Its the PL that I don't believe in, or the FA, UEFA, FIFA the money has corrupted them and killed the sport 

And the PL is still the best out of the leagues, not a clue how fed up with it all id be if we were a bundesliga team knowing it was bayern we had to overcome 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

"Leicester did it"

There was a reason they were 5000-1 to win, because that's how likely they were of doing it.

The bookies were literally telling you that the chance of them winning the league was one in five thousand. 

I love Leicester for doing it, but it won't happen again, and it's highly, highly unlikely to happen to Villa.

That doesn't mean "we don't believe", "we're shit fans" or "what's the point even following us" - a lot of us just see it for what it is, entertainment. 

I'm 34 and I don't even think in my lifetime I've seen Villa beat Man Utd at Villa Park yet.. 

Yes and no.

It wasn’t as though it was a total one off and they’ve just fallen off the pace massively since, quite the opposite, they’ve used it as a platform to establish themselves as a top 6 club, next it’ll be to move to a top 4 club, FA Cup winners too last season.

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yes and no.

It wasn’t as though it was a total one off and they’ve just fallen off the pace massively since, quite the opposite, they’ve used it as a platform to establish themselves as a top 6 club, next it’ll be to move to a top 4 club, FA Cup winners too last season.

I agree - they "made it" and have made it count - I don't like playing Leicester anymore, I always think we'll have a really tough time.

BUT, I can't see - over an entire season - any club outside of City, Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea winning the league again.

When Leicester won in 16, apart from Man City, who REALLY should have had an easy title, all the other clubs were in disarray.  Chelsea were getting rid of all their old players like Lampard, Utd were being post-Fergie utd and buying shit, Liverpool's squad was in it's embryotic stages to what we see today and City... Well, they just sort of, bottled it to be honest (I think Leicester had to beat them away and City played a high line against a peak Vardy :lol: ).

The stars just completely aligned for them.

That said! They almost did go down the season before and to overtake that many clubs, was an absolutely incredible achievement. 

• Like 1

leicester are doing everything right, they've won the league, FA cup, charity shield, played CL, are in that position where they can just add 1 or 2 top players every season, they have a brand new state of the art training facility and are expanding their stadium...

where are they in the Deloitte money league? 22nd...they're ranked 8th out of PL clubs, behind everton and the 6, they're 40m off everton, 270m off spurs, 410m off man utd and they're only 10m ahead of crystal palace, arsenal for all their problems generate more than double the revenue of leicester

that is the problem, Leicester spend 10 years doing everything right, winning some stuff but they still are no where near a seat at the top table, the disparity is too great to overcome, they would need a decade of European football to get close, not 1 league title and 1 season

• Like 3

Â