Jump to content

Jack Grealish


kevangrealish
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

 He’ll be kissing the badge knee sliding into the Holte End next.

I have little doubt. I certainly don't think he's got the class to do the traditional not celebrating thing scoring against a former team.

"Yeeeeeesss, I put one in past the former Jack Grealish promotional vehicle, get in!!"

Hopefully Mings, Martinez and Konsa don't let him get close to proving it one way or another.

20 years on from Kevin Keegan's infamous 'I will love it ...

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/08/2021 at 16:27, villalad21 said:

Grealish doesn't strike me as a guy who think before he speaks. 

His careless driving and other off the field antics make me think he's not a man who thinks, period.

He's thick as shit, and a bit of a word removed. Just happens to be a very good footballer.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

. I certainly don't think he's got the class to do the traditional not celebrating thing scoring against a former team.

There's absolutely no way he'd celebrate scoring against us. It doesn't take class or intelligence - every footballer does it to the extent it's actually just boring. Had a week-long trial for a team when you were seven and you've scored a winner against them to win your current side the league? Don't celebrate. Zzzzz.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

There's absolutely no way he'd celebrate scoring against us. It doesn't take class or intelligence - every footballer does it to the extent it's actually just boring. Had a week-long trial for a team when you were seven and you've scored a winner against them to win your current side the league? Don't celebrate. Zzzzz.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did to be honest and I think for a lot of players it depends on how they feel in the moment. It’s looking like the reception will be particularly brutal along the lines of Barry (rather than Milner for example). It wouldn’t surprise me at all in that environment if he decides in the spur of the moment to do a big **** you to the villa fans. I reckon one reason why the players with a tenuous previous connection to the club don’t celebrate is because none of the fans give a toss about them so don’t give them any grief 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Xela said:

He's on about attacking talent specifically, so the quote didn't have anything to do with Konsa and Mings, or our defensive side at all. 

He's correct because even Smith and Purslow said we had a massive over-reliance on him, thats why we purchased three players to replace him. 

Nobody gives a shit about the first quote.

Second one, keep Villa's name out of your mouth if you're going to big up your teammates. How about "Mahrez? KDB? Jesus? Sterling? It's the most talented team I've ever played with!" and move on? In all of human history, there may be a time that leading a sentence with "No respect to X [.....] but" didn't come off as disrespectful, but I'll be damned if I can recall an example.

Edited by 479Villan
No disrespect to your point, but....
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JPJCB said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did to be honest and I think for a lot of players it depends on how they feel in the moment. It’s looking like the reception will be particularly brutal along the lines of Barry (rather than Milner for example). It wouldn’t surprise me at all in that environment if he decides in the spur of the moment to do a big **** you to the villa fans. I reckon one reason why the players with a tenuous previous connection to the club don’t celebrate is because none of the fans give a toss about them so don’t give them any grief 

Dunno about that.

Tammy scored against us and refused to celebrate… and he was only with us on loan for half a season.

We did (and some of us - including myself - still do) give a toss about him… but he never gave any reason or conjured any illusions that he was going to stay with us for longer than he was contracted to.

But I honestly think Tammy is cut from a different cloth to He Who Will Not Be Named…

If a goal were to be scored against us  was to cost us a place in Europe… or possibly relegate us… I think the latter would celebrate if it meant he won a medal… or he could curry favour with fans of his new employer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DJ_Villain said:

Dunno about that.

Tammy scored against us and refused to celebrate… and he was only with us on loan for half a season.

We did (and some of us - including myself - still do) give a toss about him… but he never gave any reason or conjured any illusions that he was going to stay with us for longer than he was contracted to.

But I honestly think Tammy is cut from a different cloth to He Who Will Not Be Named…

If a goal were to be scored against us  was to cost us a place in Europe… or possibly relegate us… I think the latter would celebrate if it meant he won a medal… or he could curry favour with fans of his new employer

I think we're agreeing to a large extent. We cared about Tammy but he left on good terms (or at least not on bad terms) so no one gave him any grief. It's not a surprise in my book that he didn't celebrate against us on that basis. 

My point is that, if grealish gets a ton of grief at VP (which I fully expect him to), I can definitely see him celebrating in response if he scores. The Rooney comparison that someone mentioned earlier is bang on point in that respect. He still clearly cared a bit about Everton as he went there later in his career - his badge kissing/celebrations were likely a response to the abuse he got on the day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

I think we're agreeing to a large extent. We cared about Tammy but he left on good terms (or at least not on bad terms) so no one gave him any grief. It's not a surprise in my book that he didn't celebrate against us on that basis. 

My point is that, if grealish gets a ton of grief at VP (which I fully expect him to), I can definitely see him celebrating in response if he scores. The Rooney comparison that someone mentioned earlier is bang on point in that respect. He still clearly cared a bit about Everton as he went there later in his career - his badge kissing/celebrations were likely a response to the abuse he got on the day

Just sucks doesn’t it…

He was meant to be, for lack of a better term, “The chosen one”…

Yes, I am probably over romanticising it… and maybe we all expected too much from him… but it’s because he was living the dream that we all wished to be able to live…

Anyway… what’s done is done now… and in the past few days, Argentina’s number one Copa America winning goalkeeper has publically stated how much he wants to stay, be a part of the project, and loves us for what we have done and the faith we have shown in him…

We have the chance to embrace new heroes who love being here…

and they don’t have to be “local boys” to do it

 

#utv

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

The mans a complete dumbass, very talented at football and good at keeping in shape but in every other aspect of adult life he’s as thick as ****. He has and will forever say and do dumb stuff. 

I think most just need to let it go now and ignore him. He isn’t Villa anymore. I’m not 100% convinced he ever really was based on those Man U quotes. He’s one of them now and an opposition player. I realise I’m contributing to this but let it go and let this thread drop apart from posters who like ‘brand jack’. 

This.

He has absolutely nothing interesting to say. To be fair we tolerated it as he was supposedly one of us but that seven minute video he did with Lescott was just two boring guys talking b*******

Mings is the man by comparison: a good footballer, intelligent, charismatic and so forth.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 13/08/2021 at 16:19, Ingram85 said:

The mans a complete dumbass, very talented at football and good at keeping in shape but in every other aspect of adult life he’s as thick as ****. He has and will forever say and do dumb stuff. 

I think most just need to let it go now and ignore him. He isn’t Villa anymore. I’m not 100% convinced he ever really was based on those Man U quotes. He’s one of them now and an opposition player. I realise I’m contributing to this but let it go and let this thread drop apart from posters who like ‘brand jack’. 

Which quotes? He was a Villa fan but always quite casual. He's more a fan of football in general who's always been a sucker for the 'top' sides.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Daniel Larusso turning his back on Mr Miyagi for Terry Silver in Karate Kid 3 was based on Jack Grealish. Except they had to change the story for Larusso to see the light as Grealish never did and remained a sellout.

Edited by Tom13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/08/2021 at 00:51, gwi1890 said:

Funny how pundits are discussing if he could play in a midfield 3 for City, like he never  played there for villa

Football only exists if your are a scum 6 club. Hate some of these 'pundits' my 5 year old mostly non verbal lad makes more sense then these weapons. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â