The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

not really though is he

he's saying that he can be a better player because the opponent cant double and triple mark him meaning he'll have more space, his life should be easier at city because he's in a better team

thats the truth

Fair enough I guess I'm just reading too much into the second quote👍

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

So he's basically saying Mings, Konsa, and every other player he shed blood, sweat, and tears with the last couple seasons are not good enough to play with a God like himself?

So sorry Jack, forgot you are the modern day **** Pele.

Pin on bad, wrong and funny

The reaction to the things he's been saying is wild. It's really not that bad, and I don't see how it's disrespectful to suggest that the quality of player at City is higher than here. Is that wrong? And is it surprising he'd say it in a city interview, on their YouTube channel?

The hate he's recieving overall is way over the top. Just before he left the general consensus was that he was handling the whole situation really well, not kicking up a fuss and treating the club with respect. Now suddenly the script has flipped and he's some sort of evil traitor and people are hoping he gets seriously injured. It's completely unnecessary.

Yes, it's unfortunate that he left and we have every right to feel bad about it, and we have a right to voice those feelings. But Jesus Christ, he's not suddenly turned on us, hating us or deserving of actual serious injury. We used to love him and he did a lot of good for us, is that all going to be forgotten?

There's a large difference between not being a fan anymore and actively hating him. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

• Like 1

Just now, Greenfly said:

The reaction to the things he's been saying is wild. It's really not that bad, and I don't see how it's disrespectful to suggest that the quality of player at City is higher than here. Is that wrong? And is it surprising he'd say it in a city interview, on their YouTube channel?

The hate he's recieving overall is way over the top. Just before he left the general consensus was that he was handling the whole situation really well, not kicking up a fuss and treating the club with respect. Now suddenly the script has flipped and he's some sort of evil traitor and people are hoping he gets seriously injured. It's completely unnecessary.

Yes, it's unfortunate that he left and we have every right to feel bad about it, and we have a right to voice those feelings. But Jesus Christ, he's not suddenly turned on us, hating us or deserving of actual serious injury. We used to love him and he did a lot of good for us, is that all going to be forgotten?

There's a large difference between not being a fan anymore and actively hating him. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't hate the dude and as I said above probably just reading too much into the second quote that was posted.

I've said before I appreciate what he did for Villa but not the way he dealt with the whole situation of getting to City.

I know you are not really alluding to me in regards to saying hope he gets hurt and all that.

I would never wish that on my worse enemy and anyone who does is despicable I concur.

Just now, Big Salad said:

I don't hate the dude and as I said above probably just reading too much into the second quote that was posted.

I've said before I appreciate what he did for Villa but not the way he dealt with the whole situation of getting to City.

I know you are not really alluding to me in regards to saying hope he gets hurt and all that.

I would never wish that on my worse enemy and anyone who does is despicable I concur.

Yeah I should point out that wasn't directed at you. I was just a little taken aback by your comment but you've addressed that already.

It's a general comment that I've been thinking about for a bit now. He's not a Villa legend by a long shot, but his contribution to the cause cannot be understated and the amount of money he left for may well have left us in a much stronger position than before he left, with enough left over for us to even turn a profit. That could well be brilliant news in the next transfer window, allowing us to strengthen even more over a shorter period of time.

Nobody needs to be his fan anymore obviously, but the hate he's getting is just sad as far as I'm concerned. I'll remember his time here fondly.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Found the first quote here at 16:00. Not sure about the second one. It does seem kind of hard to believe that he said that.

I've read it's from the Lescott video but I refuse to watch any of the PR that City have brought out so I can't confirm it.

32 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Found the first quote here at 16:00. Not sure about the second one. It does seem kind of hard to believe that he said that.

To be fair, at around 15:30 he's asked a question along the lines of 'at Aston Villa it was all down to you to create anything, how will you find it having other players who can also create things?' and after talking about playing for England he says 'you have to remember, we did have players at Villa who were extremely talented and could create as well.' So he responds quite well to a fairly awful question.

• Like 2

The mans a complete dumbass, very talented at football and good at keeping in shape but in every other aspect of adult life he’s as thick as ****. He has and will forever say and do dumb stuff. 

I think most just need to let it go now and ignore him. He isn’t Villa anymore. I’m not 100% convinced he ever really was based on those Man U quotes. He’s one of them now and an opposition player. I realise I’m contributing to this but let it go and let this thread drop apart from posters who like ‘brand jack’. 

31 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

(…) and he's some sort of evil traitor and people are hoping he gets seriously injured. It's completely unnecessary.

How many actually feel that way, though? I mean, how many seriously wish him serious injury? I’ve said some pretty awful things about various footballers over the years. I say them in affect. I don’t actually mean them…

…most of the time. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

this

the first quote is on the money, its been a problem for years and man city have better players than us, it was crazy how much of a difference even an in form barkley made to us in his ability to play off grealish, the 2nd one he didn't need to add, everybody knows who he means 

the shit thing is that in bailey, ings and buendia we've added 3 players who are not only better but would work with him in the same way that city's will

Grealish doesn't strike me as a guy who think before he speaks. 

Nothing he has said is controversial at all. He's bigging up his new teammates. Every player who joins a better* team does the same. He was responding to questions. Its not a secret that Mahrez, KBD, Foden etc are better then El Ghazi, Trez and Wesley! :D  

What is he meant to do? Wear black and mourn us forever like an old Italian widow? He's just a bloke, excited at joining a team full of superstars. 

*Let's be honest, City are much better than us at the moment, not even close. 

• Like 2

So ober him now. And i believe a world record in terms of a fee recieved for an academy player.

Which shows 2 things. One he is a late bloomer and 2 we held on to him for far longer than would be normally expected.

Happy days . Good luck apart from when you play us or play in a final 

1 hour ago, Big Salad said:

So he's basically saying Mings, Konsa, and every other player he shed blood, sweat, and tears with the last couple seasons are not good enough to play with a God like himself?

He's on about attacking talent specifically, so the quote didn't have anything to do with Konsa and Mings, or our defensive side at all. 

He's correct because even Smith and Purslow said we had a massive over-reliance on him, thats why we purchased three players to replace him. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He’ll be kissing the badge knee sliding into the Holte End next.

I have little doubt. I certainly don't think he's got the class to do the traditional not celebrating thing scoring against a former team.

"Yeeeeeesss, I put one in past the former Jack Grealish promotional vehicle, get in!!"

Hopefully Mings, Martinez and Konsa don't let him get close to proving it one way or another.

20 years on from Kevin Keegan's infamous 'I will love it ...

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

On 13/08/2021 at 16:27, villalad21 said:

Grealish doesn't strike me as a guy who think before he speaks. 

His careless driving and other off the field antics make me think he's not a man who thinks, period.

He's thick as shit, and a bit of a word removed. Just happens to be a very good footballer.

• Haha 3

Â