The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

31 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yup I remember that. I was busy with school at the time and couldn't really watch games so I'd be following from the newspapers. It was a three way battle between ourselves, City and Spurs and we had to play City and City had to play Spurs in the last 3 games. It was heartbreaking when I saw the 3-1 scoreline. But luckily Spurs pipped them to 4th at the end. They finished 3rd next season despite spending a shedload and I was enjoying them not doing much with all that money. But you couldn't hold back that kind of oil spending for too long :( 

And by now the only team allowed to spend big without repercussions is them

7 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

It’s weird, I thought I would care more and care for longer. I was more hurt by Barry’s move.

I've dealt with it as well. Gutted for a few days but fine now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Yup I remember that. I was busy with school at the time and couldn't really watch games so I'd be following from the newspapers. It was a three way battle between ourselves, City and Spurs and we had to play City and City had to play Spurs in the last 3 games. It was heartbreaking when I saw the 3-1 scoreline. But luckily Spurs pipped them to 4th at the end. They finished 3rd next season despite spending a shedload and I was enjoying them not doing much with all that money. But you couldn't hold back that kind of oil spending for too long :( 

Carew had a massive chance at 1-1 just before half-time if I recall, might have it hit the bar? which if it had gone in could have changed the complexion of the match. All ifs and buts I know know

44 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've dealt with it as well. Gutted for a few days but fine now. 

Think it helps that there was a stonking transfer fee and we're on the up anyway. 

Barry hurt because we were close to the CL and they weren't even that much better than us. 

I accept Jack's decision at this stage of his career, I accept the £100m, I wish him all the best (kind of), onwards and upwards we go. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Think it helps that there was a stonking transfer fee and we're on the up anyway. 

Barry hurt because we were close to the CL and they weren't even that much better than us. 

I accept Jack's decision at this stage of his career, I accept the £100m, I wish him all the best (kind of), onwards and upwards we go. 

I'm sure he'll have every success but I'd love us to finish in Europe and win say the FA Cup, while City end up potless just for a season. If he's any sort of villa fan to know he could have been there when the hoodoo was broke and win a trophy with us would really wring. Especially if he's on the bench/stifled in his play. 

Saying that we'll probably lose 4th round to Barnsley and Man City will win treble

7 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We had to win at Etihad for any chance of top 4. They had Tevez, Adebayor, Bellamy that day I think and done us 3-1. Who knew where both clubs trajectories would go at that point 😩 

Well we knew where City were going, they were ludicrously loaded then as well.

In a cruel twist of irony, if the roles were reversed between Kane and Grealish and Jack didn't sack his brother as his agent in favour of Stellar and Kane did his, Jack would still be a Villa player right now and Kane a City player. As much as we hate the job, only one of the agents did their jobs right here.

Over him now but the one thing i want the footballing gods to arrange is for us to win the Carabou Cup so that we win something before Jack does. It would finish the jack years off properlyand even though he would probably win the league 10 weeks later it would be so good for our soul 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Can you imagine saying the words “No disrespect to Villa” in a sentence if you support that club? Saying it like we’re just some other team. This whole transfer feels like some parallel universe. Jack Grealish has become Wayne Rooney. He’ll be kissing the badge knee sliding into the Holte End next.

not if Konsa has anything to say about it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Can you imagine saying the words “No disrespect to Villa” in a sentence if you support that club? Saying it like we’re just some other team. This whole transfer feels like some parallel universe. Jack Grealish has become Wayne Rooney. He’ll be kissing the badge knee sliding into the Holte End next.

He’s going to kiss the badge the first game he scores in for City, I feel. 

• Like 3

So he's basically saying Mings, Konsa, and every other player he shed blood, sweat, and tears with the last couple seasons are not good enough to play with a God like himself?

So sorry Jack, forgot you are the modern day **** Pele.

Pin on bad, wrong and funny

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The first quote, fair enough. There's really no need for the second one. They're your mates too. This is the type of thing that fires up the likes of Konsa though, so in a way it's good.

this

the first quote is on the money, its been a problem for years and man city have better players than us, it was crazy how much of a difference even an in form barkley made to us in his ability to play off grealish, the 2nd one he didn't need to add, everybody knows who he means 

the shit thing is that in bailey, ings and buendia we've added 3 players who are not only better but would work with him in the same way that city's will

1 minute ago, Big Salad said:

So he's basically saying Mings, Konsa, and every other player he shed blood, sweat, and tears with the last couple seasons are not good enough to play with a God like himself?

So sorry Jack, forgot you are the modern day **** Pele.

Pin on bad, wrong and funny

not really though is he

he's saying that he can be a better player because the opponent cant double and triple mark him meaning he'll have more space, his life should be easier at city because he's in a better team

thats the truth

Â