The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

When I saw his photo on Instagram with his mate I gotta admit I thought boy you are lucky you made it as a footballer because the alternative wouldn't have been easy. More often than not to become a footballer you have to pretty much neglect education due to the time you have to dedicate to the game. So one serious injury and its tough to fall back on a successful non football career.

I personally think that's why no Asian kids have made it at a high level. Parents are reluctant to let them go all or nothing towards the game in case it doesn't work out.

I'm not moaning and I'm certainly not outraged. I just don't want that from our professional footballers. Anyone else, fine, it's their body craic on. I did it.

It's a shame that journalist will never love me, but I think she missed the point entirely.

Easy to say. And she points out, footballers - let alone 19 year olds - have been doing this for years, but few 19 year olds have grealish's profile and exist in this social media maelstrom.

I have no problem with his behaviour at all, I just hope he learns from it.

• Like 1

I'm not moaning and I'm certainly not outraged. I just don't want that from our professional footballers. Anyone else, fine, it's their body craic on. I did it.

It's a shame that journalist will never love me, but I think she missed the point entirely.

I don't think she's 'missed the point' at all, she just profoundly disagrees with you. 

Then I think you've missed mine.

I'm fairly liberal, with one or two caveats, and I fully believe that if Jack Grealish wants to go off and get that pissed up then he has absolutely every right in the world to do so. This is not an attack on Jack Grealish's liberties, only a comment regarding his professionalism as an athlete.

She shows a distinct lack of understanding regarding the athletic rigours of the modern game at the top level, given that she didn't even mention that aspect. Is she even a sports writer? Given how she approaches the topic I'm guessing no.

Just as I would be disappointed to see Mo Farah passed out with his head in the road a few weeks before the Olympics, I'm disappointed to see Jack in such a state. Even more so, because I actually care.

I agree DDID that she seems to have missed the point. The fact that half of her article is reduced to sarcasm and over exaggerating leads me to believe that she's jumping on the 'Let the boy have fun!!' bandwagon, without really caring or understanding what most people are saying.

She says that a hilarious amount of fans think they pay the players wages and that they think the players 'work for them', she jokes that players should be policed minute-by-minute and reels off some other garbage about the fact that footballers have been doing this long before the internet made it all available to view. (Maybe they have, but that doesn't mean that all players can do it and still have a long and successful career as well).

She just comes across as a patronising bint, pushing the 'I'm one of the people!' line, in my opinion.

• Like 1

I'm fairly liberal, with one or two caveats, and I fully believe that if Jack Grealish wants to go off and get that pissed up then he has absolutely every right in the world to do so. This is not an attack on Jack Grealish's liberties, only a comment regarding his professionalism as an athlete.

She shows a distinct lack of understanding regarding the athletic rigours of the modern game at the top level, given that she didn't even mention that aspect. Is she even a sports writer? Given how she approaches the topic I'm guessing no.

Just as I would be disappointed to see Mo Farah passed out with his head in the road a few weeks before the Olympics, I'm disappointed to see Jack in such a state. Even more so, because I actually care.

C'mon, he can get pissed on holiday 2 months before the start of the season without it affecting his athletic abilities - so why does it need to be brought up? 

C'mon, he can get pissed on holiday 2 months before the start of the season without it affecting his athletic abilities - so why does it need to be brought up? 

Yeah the Mo Farah comparison is a bit strange, If Grealish got pissed the week before the FA Cup final then the comparison could be made

I didn't bring it up. I was responding to the article.

As for the 2 months before the season thing - fine. You are entitled to your opinion as am I. I expect more from my athletes, if it were me in the same position I would never drink, my body would be a temple. I would want to eek every last drop of ability from it. I don't expect that kind of extreme behaviour from our players, but I would much prefer it if they didn't pass out on a concrete pavement with their head in the middle of a road no matter what time of year it is.

I'm not suggesting we sack the lad, I'm not suggesting anything other than having a word with him. I am bemused by the vehement defence of this kind of behaviour and that article is at the other extreme end of the debate and just as ridiculous as those suggesting players should be demonised for such behaviour.

I'm guessing jack will have a clause in his contract which forbids this sort of thing(like a majority of players will have) of course players drink /smoke whatever both during and in the off season but getting so drunk you pass out in the middle of the street, in a foreign country will be looked on pretty dimly by the club and rightly so, your a company asset and paid highly for that privilege.

I'm not chastising Jack, lad bantz and all that but he needs to wise up to the fact he now has a bullseye painted on his back and if he doesn't want the bad press he should put himself into a position where he gets caught doing something like this.

Edited by Jimzk5

pretty boring that we are still going on about it tbh

There has been a handful of posts in the last 4 days. There has been nothing else going on in the world of Jack Grealish and you don't have to read it.
i dont read the full post.being a villa player i tend to read new posts when there is one one posted but back and when see its rubbish

I think where footballers need to be careful with this is where they are demanding extortionate wages and where clubs are demanding huge fees.

I mean I don't think sterling is a 50m player anyway (not even close) tho if I was to spend 50m on a player I would want him looking after himself and keeping in tip top condition.

If jack grealish wants to get battered and for it to go under the radar then he can fill his boots. But don't be demanding thousands of pounds a week to be a professional athlete.

No problem with that photo, he's not passed out lying in the road. My guess is that if the other photo hadn't of made the media then neither would this one as there's nothing in it.

The media has a young player to target in Jack, he better get used to it.

The only trouble he's gonna get from this one could be from his girlfriend if she ain't theee with him ;)

yesterday i have abit of a moan about the last picture still being talked about and now this comes out.quite obvious he hasnt learnt his lesson about the friends he keeps and staying out the spotlight for the wrong reasons

yeah this pic is minor compared to the last but its him in the paper for the wrong reasons again

think i'll avoid this thread till the season starts

Â