The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The boo boys will be loudest but the majority will be silent or clap a bit so it will come across that we’re all booing. I’ve got a horrible feeling he’s going to do some grand gesture that there will be no going back from like celebrating in front of the Holte End or kissing the City badge in front of our fans. City are going to be actively encouraging him to do that to sever any remaining emotional ties and cement him as theirs.

If he starts against us at VP I just hope all Villans would go dead silent when they read up his name. No boos, certainly no cheers, just dead silence. He's an ex player now, another club's player, no one to care about.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He’s gone on record to say being boo’d drives him on so we’d probably be better off avoiding doing that so we dont end up on the wrong side of a 7-2. Hopefully the shinsplints kick in just before our games with them

Said it before the booing will inspire him, this is a guy assaulted on the pitch and scored the winner

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pelle said:

If he starts against us at VP I just hope all Villans would go dead silent when they read up his name. No boos, certainly no cheers, just dead silence. He's an ex player now, another club's player, no one to care about.

That is certainly my intention. I think it would annoy him more. He thrives off people booing him and he is probably expecting to get a good reception from some fans. Complete silence from everyone would be best. Would confuse his little brain. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I actually think booing him will hurt him because I bet he's expecting a hero's welcome. Every other ground he'll love it but Villa Park I'm not so sure.

He’d have to be a stone cold psychopath not to be slightly fazed by the entire Holte End relentlessly booing and jeering him. I mean, if he claims to be one of us. 

5 hours ago, MNVillan said:

What kind of reception do we all think he’ll receive upon his return to VP?

I probably won't be at that game because the same time it kicks off I'm scheduled to be in the North West committing Britain's first "themed" burglary .

The theme will be shitting in all the sinks.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I probably won't be at that game because the same time it kicks off I'm scheduled to be in the North West committing Britain's first "themed" burglary .

The theme will be shitting in all the sinks.

im pretty sure in the north west that wont be considered new

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think booing him would make us look pretty pathetic to be honest

It’s what almost any set of fans would do with a player who left almost any club under similar circumstances. 

If Villa fans can’t feel bitterly disappointed at this saga, and let those feelings be heard upon his return to Villa Park, I really don’t know when. 

I’d almost go as far as saying the opposite. It would almost be pathetic if we (Villa Park collectively, not any individual fan) didn’t boo him. That, for me, would carry an implication of a servile resignation that I’d rather hope doesn’t represent our club’s attitude towards this whole thing. 

I think he'll be booed. Not saying that it's the right or wrong thing to do, but especially since it became common knowledge that he asked for the release clause himself while telling all the fans how much he believed in the project here and wanted to be part of it. That and the fact that he left as the club is on the up and with a real chance at Europe this coming season (which I think we still do, tbh).

Will be interesting to see how he reacts 

14 minutes ago, El Zen said:

It’s what almost any set of fans would do with a player who left almost any club under similar circumstances. 

If Villa fans can’t feel bitterly disappointed at this saga, and let those feelings be heard upon his return to Villa Park, I really don’t know when. 

I’d almost go as far as saying the opposite. It would almost be pathetic if we (Villa Park collectively, not any individual fan) didn’t boo him. That, for me, would carry an implication of a servile resignation that I’d rather hope doesn’t represent our club’s attitude towards this whole thing. 

We can absolutely feel bitterly disappointed.

I just think booing a player as good as Jack, who has done so well at the club for so long, who left on good terms for a record transfer fee would be pretty weird.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We can absolutely feel bitterly disappointed.

I just think booing a player as good as Jack, who has done so well at the club for so long, who left on good terms for a record transfer fee would be pretty weird.

I’m not sure he’s left on very good terms. Certainly not on our terms, and not with a lot of fans, hence the bitter disappointment. And booing would be a very, very natural vocalisation of that disappointment.

I can understand perfectly why you, or anyone else, don’t want to boo a former favourite player, but to say booing him would make us look pathetic is expecting far too much emotional distance from what is for many of us quite an emotional situation. A level of emotional distance I, frankly, personally don’t particularly want to have as a football fan. 

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 4

Â