The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I feel like i'm stalking an ex's facebook page when I'm watching him now!

You just know when he plays really well it will be down to Pep and his brilliant management. 

Least when Platt left he went abroad and this was the days before the internet so it was out of sight, out of mind! 

In terms of club football but he became England captain and was scoring goals for fun so he was still very much in mind. 

Edited by PaulC

28 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That's been the prevailing consensus among other fans, that he somehow did us a favour by staying in the Championship with us. Oh you mean the guy who couldn't get in the team ahead of Scott Sinclair the season we went down? Or the one who tried his best to piss away his career the following season? No credit given to Villa for sticking by him nd dragging him out of the mud. It smacks of people who have no clue what's been going on at Villa in the last few years (not that I would expect them to), and all it does is perpetuate the notion that good players have no obligation to stick with their teams and repay their faith and investment. 

That's because some of our own fans regurgitate the same horse shite on social media.

Alot of them are just echo chambers.

I saw one poster on Facebook say " He gave us his life " etc...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That's been the prevailing consensus among other fans, that he somehow did us a favour by staying in the Championship with us. Oh you mean the guy who couldn't get in the team ahead of Scott Sinclair the season we went down? Or the one who tried his best to piss away his career the following season? No credit given to Villa for sticking by him nd dragging him out of the mud. It smacks of people who have no clue what's been going on at Villa in the last few years (not that I would expect them to), and all it does is perpetuate the notion that good players have no obligation to stick with their teams and repay their faith and investment. 

agreed - there's a bit of a narrative that grealish was turning down moves to other clubs to stay/help us. The reality was that no one wanted to sign him when we went down because he was a typical inconsistent young player with off field issues. Spurs came in for him in 2018 and all the evidence suggests he would have gone if they'd paid up. Then last year when he signed a new contract in light of utd interest he got the release clause put in so he could go at a later date. I'm not bitter about that - it's a cynical business - but anyone who thinks Grealish was at villa for as long as he was out of choice is deluded

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Good player no doubt but I think exciting is something else that's hard to pin down

Sterling would be another example for England or City, maybe bernardo too and of course foden, foden should end up being a better player, better stats too but he's never going to go on the kind of run Jack made vs Rotherham, Leeds, Burnley or arsenal

That's why these gazza comparisons were thrown out there, he has that maverick element to him that's incredibly watchable 

Just not true - Foden’s a quality, quality dribbler. Look at his goal vs. France U21 

At 30 seconds in.

Foden and Mahrez are two of the most exciting players on the ball in the PL.

2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Wanted Jack in a team that spent large periods on top rather than counter attacking cut and thrust football. Southgate is tactically inept anyway his opinions are gibberish 

Why would that be the case when Southgate deliberately sets England up to counter attack any time they play top quality opposition. Sorry but your post is just nonsense.

Not sure Southgate benefits at all from this move. He’s never liked playing him, I think it’s personal (but maybe also tactical to an extent) however Jack signing for the British transfer record only increases the pressure to pick him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I called it a year ago. Since then the deafening calls to call Jack up were too loud to ignore, but he still used him sparingly.

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Of course he will the prick

He played his part in this 

Thought this myself. Southgate has blood on his hands in his regard, likely decided anyway but his usage in the Euros despite the season he had and the nation calling for it definitely cemented it - He 100% starts the world cup and Southgate talk's about how he's now a complete player following a move to one of the big boys. 

The system is rigged.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Look back at how bad we were in February 2017 and he couldn't hold his place in the team due to ineffective performances. Granted it was Bruceball at the time but it didn't look promising for him at that stage.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Look back at how bad we were in February 2017 and he couldn't hold his place in the team due to ineffective performances. Granted it was Bruceball at the time but it didn't look promising for him at that stage.

He was so bad Bruce was thinking about selling him in an exchange for Jordan Rhodes the next season ffs. That was 3 seasons ago!

• Like 1

The one thing that stops me feeling totally ok about this is the fact he will play against us a minimum of 2 games a season. And that will be a 2 way thing. It will be a horrible situation that will not cover us with glory. It will be like seeing your ex in public with her new bloke. It will make me feel physically sick. 

And Jack will absolutely hate it i am sure. 

And if he scores then it will be 100 times worse than Yorkie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I know everyone likes to slag Bruce off but he helped Jack sort himself out.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I know everyone likes to slag Bruce off but he helped Jack sort himself out.

JT too. If I subscribed to the correlation = causation school of thought, I could argue it was more down to JT as the season before he joined Jack the Lad was at his peak, under Bruce.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

JT too. If I subscribed to the correlation = causation school of thought, I could argue it was more down to JT as the season before he joined Jack the Lad was at his peak, under Bruce.

When he came back from his pre season injury in Autumn 2017 that's when he turned it around. Apart from a few good performances under Sherwood he had really done very little before that, admittedly in a car crash of a club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

When he came back from his pre season injury in Autumn 2017 that's when he turned it around. Apart from a few good performances under Sherwood he had really done very little before that, admittedly in a car crash of a club.

Yeah something seemed to have clicked. He also came back slightly bulked up. He never looked back from there. Still my favourite season of his, he was just sublime. 

Â