The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, deck said:

To cut him a bit of slack, I always took that reply ("I don't know what that means") to mean he didn't know what Dean Smith meant by calling him that, not that he didn't know what the word itself meant.

what did smith call him

14 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think holding a special event presenting a player to the fans is a slightly unusual thing in itself.

Doing it after he’s already played a match for his new club is odder.

Massive PR exercise given that a lot of $ity fans didn't even want him.  Give it a few weeks and they'll be furious when he keeps slowing attacks down so he can try and beat the same player 3 times!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Of course he will the prick

He played his part in this 

9 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Hear Hear. 

I hope Pep plays him as a number 8, then let's see if Grealish plays then. 

4 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Massive PR exercise given that a lot of $ity fans didn't even want him.  Give it a few weeks and they'll be furious when he keeps slowing attacks down so he can try and beat the same player 3 times!

That's not what grealish is IMO

He will slow it down trying to look for the perfect pass, the problem usually being at villa the movement is so bad the pass was never on

At city the pass should be on given the quality around him 

I don't think grealish was ever about selfishly and greedily trying to show off and beat his man, its more about being on his wavelength 

• Like 2

Just now, Xela said:

Seeing Citeh fans with Grealish 10 shirts :( 

That really effing sucks. I haven’t been able to bring myself to watch any of that stuff yet. 

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Of course he will the prick

He played his part in this 

I called it a year ago. Since then the deafening calls to call Jack up were too loud to ignore, but he still used him sparingly.

On 28/07/2020 at 15:07, Keyblade said:

Honestly think they've been holding off on giving him a call up for so long to eventually force him to move to a bigger club. Even if he rides the bench for a top 6 club, he'd invariably be in the England team. But him pulling up trees at Villa and looking like one of the best players of the league for some odd reason wasn't enough.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Forced out of club due to League financial rules and country's wage laws vs having your bothood club over a barrel and forcing them to sell you

What about Messi last year? Trying to force the club to release him.

P.s. - your username will never come true :D 

16 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Or they will love him for bringing something exciting and new to their team.

And I think I will be correct!

• Like 1

I'm coming down to earth a bit, thinking about that 100 million. I'm not saying he's not a talented footballer, but no way worth 100 million, Lukaku's coming for 98m. We all know he was 60 mil, 100 million we took there pants down.......................................an it feels gooood!

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Or they will love him for bringing something exciting and new to their team.

And I think I will be correct!

Saw a few on blue moon suggesting that at least for the start there'll be an air of excitement every time he touches the ball that no one else in their current squad brings and for all the talent I think they're right, even KDB for all hsi quality isn't exciting IMO 

The David Silva comparisons will be hard to overcome though 

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That's crazy if you think about it considering they have Mahrez playing on the other side.

Good player no doubt but I think exciting is something else that's hard to pin down

Sterling would be another example for England or City, maybe bernardo too and of course foden, foden should end up being a better player, better stats too but he's never going to go on the kind of run Jack made vs Rotherham, Leeds, Burnley or arsenal

That's why these gazza comparisons were thrown out there, he has that maverick element to him that's incredibly watchable 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Good player no doubt but I think exciting is something else that's hard to pin down

Sterling would be another example for England or City, maybe bernardo too and of course foden, foden should end up being a better player, better stats too but he's never going to go on the kind of run Jack made vs Rotherham, Leeds, Burnley or arsenal

That's why these gazza comparisons were thrown out there, he has that maverick element to him that's incredibly watchable 

Wonder if he's going to be able to display that at City. From the community shield it looked a lot like what his England performances looked like; stifled.

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm coming down to earth a bit, thinking about that 100 million. I'm not saying he's not a talented footballer, but no way worth 100 million, Lukaku's coming for 98m. We all know he was 60 mil, 100 million we took there pants down.......................................an it feels gooood!

I don’t think any of us thought he was worth £100m in terms of talent, just £100m to us as he was our talisman, captain and impossible to replace (at least as a single player).

All in all the price was right for everyone. I do get the feeling he will flop though.

• Like 2

Â